Anyone been to the Diamond lounge on Grandeur

buffi001

Has anyone been to the Diamond Lounge on the newly refurbished

Grandeur of the Seas. I was hoping you could give some insight into

how it looked, what amenities they had, and your overall impressions

compared to other ships. thanks in advance

I was there just 2 weeks ago, it is placed in a corner of the South Seas, and is pretty much the same as the lounge on deck 11, for the suites and diamond +++ members. No difference in service, or food, the same wine (just La Terre both places ). This lounge has got windows and is placed the rear of the ship. My cabin 7150 was just above this area, and I heard no noise from the South Seas where they have a band playing some nights, because the Diamond lounge was in that corner. Open 0500 till 0830. Compared to ships like Navigator and Adventure, it was better, because those ships did not really have a dimond lounge, it was a pretty empty room with some service. It was better when they had the Diomond lounge in the 19th hole bar on those ships.

If you take a look at my album - http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/MaPlanner/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ16 - there are a few pictures of the Diamond Lounge as well as other pictures taken onboard the Grandeur earlier this year.

Although they have wine and beer set up in the room, they also have a bar service whereby the waiter/waitress takes your mixed drinks order and gets the drinks from the bar in the South Seas Lounge.

We also found it was a lovely peaceful spot to have breakfast - particularly liked the cappuccino machine.

Edited by Bobal

That would be The South Seas Lounge, rather than the actual South Seas :D............Actually I liked it better than the Deck 11 Conceirge Lounge which is nice but a poor layout, too long and thin, which restricts open conversation, between tables.

I was there just 2 weeks ago, it is placed in a corner of the South Seas, and is pretty much the same as the lounge on deck 11, for the suites and diamond +++ members. No difference in service, or food, the same wine (just La Terre both places ). ............... Open 0500 till 0830. ...............

I was there just 2 weeks ago, it is placed in a corner of the South Seas, and is pretty much the same as the lounge on deck 11, for the suites and diamond +++ members. No difference in service, or food, the same wine (just La Terre both places ). This lounge has got windows and is placed the rear of the ship. My cabin 7150 was just above this area, and I heard no noise from the South Seas where they have a band playing some nights, because the Diamond lounge was in that corner. Open 0500 till 0830. Compared to ships like Navigator and Adventure, it was better, because those ships did not really have a dimond lounge, it was a pretty empty room with some service. It was better when they had the Diomond lounge in the 19th hole bar on those ships.

To clarify, the Diamond Lounge is open 24/7 for Specialty Coffee and Continental Breakfast in the mornings, but alcohol is only served between 5-8:30 with hot and cold snacks.

Edited by cruisenfever

• 5 months later...
Do you pay for drinks like martinis in the diamond lounge if you have to get them from the South Seas bar?

You would have to get your drinks from the bar server in the DL for them to be complimentary.

The Concierge on Grandeur should be Israel Sanchez according to the CC list?This man Israel is superb and goes beyond.What a refreshing employee that RCCL have.Thank you Israel and RCCL.

Yes, we can second it. Israel is outstanding!

Rick and Deirdra

So if the bar server gets our martinis they are complimentary in the DL?

Yes, as long as you are Diamond level or above in Crown & Anchor, and it's during the nightly cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm.

Edited by clarea

Yes, as long as you are Diamond level or above in Crown & Anchor, and it's during the nightly cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm.

Thanks so much! We are Diamond level and we have gotten a martini during this time, but things seem to be constantly changing. Here's to May 24th!!!

• 1 year later...
wow. some awesome pictures and now I am all excited about being on her in Seotember.

my particualr favorite is the dolphin shot!

I was on it since it was refurbished. It was terrific - had trays of snacks both hot and cold items. I was recently on the Explorer and they served no food at all. One night they had peanuts and raisins. Has anyone been on the Grandeur recently? How was it?........

I was on it since it was refurbished. It was terrific - had trays of snacks both hot and cold items. I was recently on the Explorer and they served no food at all. One night they had peanuts and raisins. Has anyone been on the Grandeur recently? How was it?........

Not sure if you realise this thread is 2 years old ;) After refurb each ship got a Diamond lounge which serves snacks etc as you describe.

As for Explorer, that was a Diamond event, they don't have a Diamond lounge until after the refurb.

Edited by Bobal