GTY cabin assignments ---- Westerdam

HamburgAvonLady

We've often book a gty category and typically recieve our assigned cabin number about 11 days out. For the first time on our July's Veendam cruise, we had to wait until 2 days out. However, the upgrade fairy did reward our patience with a nice upgrade -- lowest inside to OV.

Our cruise leaves in less than 7 - 12 days depending on either Seattle, Vancouver or San Diego.

When does HAL make these cabin assignments ??? Quite a few of our Roll Call are literally "chomping at the bit" !!!!!!!!

Thanks

Soon, very soon. Sometimes you don't hear until you get to the pier. Have a great cruise, we did it last year on the Westerdam and it was awesome.

This cruise has been selling at a huge discount through the Flash Sales, so they are still trying to fill the ship. Hope you get a great assignment!

Wonderful cruise we did last year. Absolutely in our top 3 or 4 cruises. The ambiance was sensational and the ship really very nice.

Have a great time!!

Our cruise leaves in less than 7 - 12 days depending on either Seattle, Vancouver or San Diego.

When does HAL make these cabin assignments ??? Quite a few of our Roll Call are literally "chomping at the bit" !!!!!!!!

Thanks

Maybe because you are waiting longer, you will get a great upgrade.

Which one of the ports are you embarking from? That could make a difference as to how soon you will get a cabin number.

Wishing you luck.

Do let us know what you end up with.

Great cruise!!

I have my cabin --- DH and I booked it over a year ago --- we like certain cabin types and locations --- I was asking for others who are in guarentees --- HAL is still offering "insides" on their website but the Seattle and Vancouver folks depart this Sat. and Sunday --- we board in San Diego on Oct. 4th. Our Roll Call leader with over 400 days with HAL is still waiting --- I hope they get the Penthouse !!

Awwww. Thanks Sherrie. I hope we do also but not bloody likely :D

We have actually had to wait until we got to the dock a few times for a cabin number. I am sure they will start showing up very soon.

DH says picture the ship filled with sand and turned upside down. The rooms are given out sort of the way the sand settles. Filling it from lowest to highest. :D

I believe in itineraries with several start dates it works this way: All those on the entire 35 days will get cabins first. Then the 4-5 days coastal cruisers will get their cabins. Last, but not least, those ( like myself ) boarding at the last boarding point will get their cabins.

It makes perfect sense and I hope no one messes up my theory with the truth. :eek::D

Our Roll Call leader with over 400 days with HAL is still waiting --- I hope they get the Penthouse !!

I've read on here before that people that have more days will get better treatment ie a better assignment. From my experience that hasn't been true. As an example we had all sorts of cruisers on my Bermuda cruise in April. I'm a 4 star, there were people with a few cruises, some with none. Some got cheapie deals, some paid more. When the assignments were done we all went up the food chain the same amount.

Archived