On the Dream and NOT happy~!

pomlover

I seem to remember our friend PickleBongo didn't have a working toilet for 4 days. And she was trashed by this community as well.

Every nook and cranny of her post was scrutinized and subsequently trashed.

Until she got a free replacement cruise.

[quote name='jen&samcantwait']As per my first post, I feel so bad for the OP to have to come home to this. It's been fun "friends" but I will not play in this thread anymore. Happy cruising to you all.[/quote]
I don't feel bad for the OP. She is not new to CC. She found time to do a quick negative post and continued on her "terrible" way.
Not everyone has what they call a perfect cruise, but she came out posting with her "gloves on".

[quote name='RuthlessBoss']I don't feel bad for the OP. She is not new to CC. She found time to do a quick negative post and continued on her "terrible" way.
Not everyone has what they call a perfect cruise, but she came out posting with her "gloves on".[/QUOTE]

She certainly got the attention of the people she was hoping to hear. Kudos to her!

[quote name='Geezers']This should be the itinerary

Saturday Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL
Sunday Nassau, the Bahamas
Monday Fun Day at Sea
Tuesday St. Thomas, USVI
Wednesday St. Maarten, NA
Thursday Fun Day at Sea
Friday Fun Day at Sea

Can anyone explain this ?[/quote]

Yep..... they often move the elegant night to the first actual sea day when the first full day of the cruise is a port. So her post makes sense to me. Had it happen on the Liberty eastern run where the first day out is HMC so they don't do elegant night until Monday.

[quote name='Bashlin']I would not want plumbing issues for sure..

But, you post something false on a public forum derating a company and when that company goes the extra mile to make the customer happy, only to find out the story is not true is a problem.. I'll wait to see if carnival ever finds this person before I sympathize more..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

I doubt if they want YOUR "sympathy"....you have already condemned them as posting something "false" and "derating"..

This whole mess sucks really....the OP posted her problem...I sincerely doubt that the name "Pomlover" will be found on the manifest so how could you or Carnival know that she is "not on board"?

People who run to John Heald are ridiculous...and frankly he is looking pretty silly himself for escalating this.

JMO>> the OP posted her problem...her husband's "choice" to stay and "help" was just that his choice....you can disagree with the wisdom of that but I don't see how people are saying this whole post is false

I think John Heald, the facebook choir and some people here are looking ridiculous.

Ship happens....I have been there/done that with safes that don't work, tvs that don't work, plumbing, showers that spray in your face, sinks that don't drain, lights not working etc on ships.

On a happier note...I did find that Freedom was about the best ever ship for being "ship shape">> it was a delight to NOT have to call housekeeping, wait for repair guys.

Dream just came out of drydock, maybe has a few kinks....why would that bother some of you so much? Why take it out on the OP?
John Heald is also looking bad for getting publicly involved IMHO
IF he and Carnival "cared" they could look into this from behind the scenes rather than having his fan club play "Clue">> Inspector Mustard in Cabin 9248 with the Plumbers Plunger??

I'll be on the Dream in four days, yet I don't feel compelled to read this 6-page thread. Something tells me that the posts can be narrowed down to 4-categories:

(1) Whiners/Complainers
(2) People who whine and complain about the whiners and complainers
(3) People who try to prove that the whiners and complainers are the ones who are actually at fault
(4) People who show their support for the whiners and complainers by joining in on the whining and complaining

Great info available on CC, but only if you skip over the drama. :rolleyes:

[quote name='vacruizer']Yep..... they often move the elegant night to the first actual sea day when the first full day of the cruise is a port. So her post makes sense to me. Had it happen on the Liberty eastern run where the first day out is HMC so they don't do elegant night until Monday.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"]That's the part that didn't make sense. With elegant night on Monday ( first sea day). They took a nap and were getting ready for elegant night when the toilet problem happened. The post was on SUNDAY night. Elegant night had not even happened yet. It would have been a very active port day otherwise. Coming back from port, nap time, toilet problem, getting ready for dinner then taking kids for food, safe being fixed at 9pm, talking to customer service and posting here by 10pm[/SIZE]

[quote name='Geezers'][SIZE="2"]That's the part that didn't make sense. With elegant night on Monday ( first sea day). They took a nap and were getting ready for elegant night when the toilet problem happened. The post was on SUNDAY night. Elegant night had not even happened yet. It would have been a very active port day otherwise. Coming back from port, nap time, toilet problem, getting ready for dinner then taking kids for food, safe being fixed at 9pm, talking to customer service and posting here by 10pm[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The Nassau stop may be one of those short ones, only staying till 1 or 2. We did that once, and had formal night that night.

[quote name='Geezers']This should be the itinerary

Sunday Nassau, the Bahamas
Monday Fun Day at Sea
Tuesday St. Thomas, USVI
Wednesday St. Maarten, NA
Thursday Fun Day at Sea
Friday Fun Day at Sea

Can anyone explain this ?[/QUOTE]

The first elegant night is SUNDAY the Nassau day. You leave Nassau at 2 pm.

Maggie

• Administrators
[quote name='Bashlin']You have no idea, the names have been discussed and they are not on board the dream.. Nor has the complaints been reported.. Next troll please.. (facepalm)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Well, I will confirm for ALL OF YOU that the OP is most definitely posting from the ship. Not a doubt in my mind.

Calling people fanatical phychos is prob against the rules also lol

We just wanted to make sure she finds the help carnival wants to send her way.. They have been looking for her and family to make this right, finding her on the dream was priority to get her help!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[quote name='LauraS']Well, I will confirm for ALL OF YOU that the OP is most definitely posting from the ship. Not a doubt in my mind.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine anyone taking the time or spending the money to post while on the cruise unless their complaints were based in fact.

I guess I just am jaded at this place as of late. Thats why I refuse to do my last 2 cruise review on the forums. I cannot see a single reason why it would be beneficial to do so. I just post them elsewhere.

Sorry for being a grump. Sorry to Laura for having to clean up my mess and alluding to you keeping the "troll" comment posts and not others. You probably have your hands full with them as well and my posts didnt help. I wil just report the violators instead of battling them.

[quote name='ducklite']I can't imagine anyone taking the time or spending the money to post while on the cruise unless their complaints were based in fact.[/QUOTE]

Why would you come to a forum and derate carnival immediately instead of reporting to correct personal on the ship.. Her husband volunteered to fix the toilet, clean up the mess, unless he was held captive.. Which in case should be a different thread I guess :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bashlin']Why would you come to a forum and derate carnival immediately instead of reporting to correct personal on the ship.. Her husband volunteered to fix the toilet, clean up the mess, unless he was held captive.. Which in case should be a different thread I guess :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

It must be a conspiracy.lol

Good thing you are keeping the OPs thread alive and well. Thats a good thing for the OP. I think they wanted to share their frustration and get the word out and its good that you and others are helping them do that by keeping the thread alive. I

Consider this a friendly bump OP. I support you. This thread needs to live on so others can know of your problems and be aware.

[quote name='Rottweiler Puppy']It must be a conspiracy.lol

Good thing you are keeping the OPs thread alive and well. Thats a good thing for the OP. I think they wanted to share their frustration and get the word out and its good that you and others are helping them do that by keeping the thread alive. I

Consider this a friendly bump OP. I support you. This thread needs to live on so others can know of your problems and be aware.[/QUOTE]

Or a better idea, all the people who post my soups cold threads here instead of sending it back to get another bowl along with the people that enjoy bashing carnival stay off this forum.. Because the mods have allowed this to become the bash carnival section..

Carnival is a good company and thousands of people have wonderful vacations with them..

[quote name='Bashlin']Why would you come to a forum and derate carnival immediately instead of reporting to correct personal on the ship.. Her husband volunteered to fix the toilet, clean up the mess, unless he was held captive.. Which in case should be a different thread I guess :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

She did report the issues, repeatedly. I haven't sailed CCL, but based on my experiences with another mass market line, there is often a disconnect between housekeeping, maintenance, guest services, and particularly between ship and shore. Just like in a large hotel, often there is a lack of coordination with guest services and some people just don't do their jobs very well.

Her husband certainly did more than he was required to, although they were told that someone needed to be in the cabin for the maintenance person to enter.

Had it been me, I would have been far more vocal and demanding that maintenance issues be taken care of immediately and there's no way I would have cleaned the mess. However not everyone is as assertive, and as the OP mentioned, her husband didn't want to see anyone get into trouble. Although without reporting poor performance, changes can't be initiated to correct it, so I'm glad that CCL is now aware of the problem.

Bottom line I don't understand why this poster is being crucified. There are obviously problems that aren't being resolved in the way they should be--immediately after the first notification and with the highest degree of professionalism.

Really? Ever walk through the IC's when you cruise?

On my first cruise, yes. It appeared that most people were sending emails.

On my most recent cruise, most people used free Wi-Fi while in port on their smart phones to stay in touch. Myself included. I saw one person using a cruise line computer in two weeks, and I think they were printing a boarding pass.

She did report the issues, repeatedly. I haven't sailed CCL, but based on my experiences with another mass market line, there is often a disconnect between housekeeping, maintenance, guest services, and particularly between ship and shore. Just like in a large hotel, often there is a lack of coordination with guest services and some people just don't do their jobs very well.

Her husband certainly did more than he was required to, although they were told that someone needed to be in the cabin for the maintenance person to enter. And with no working safe, I'd want to be there rather than risk my valuables being stolen. (You hadn't considered that part, had you?)

Had it been me, I would have been far more vocal and demanding that maintenance issues be taken care of immediately and there's no way I would have cleaned the mess. However not everyone is as assertive, and as the OP mentioned, her husband didn't want to see anyone get into trouble. Although without reporting poor performance, changes can't be initiated to correct it, so I'm glad that CCL is now aware of the problem.

Bottom line I don't understand why this poster is being crucified. There are obviously problems that aren't being resolved in the way they should be--immediately after the first notification and with the highest degree of professionalism.

The problem is this wasn't recognized by carnival because her husband says he did the work, wasn't reported to the correct supervisor, but took the time to bash carnival on a forum. Don't be part of the reason a system isn't working, then bash the system.. Here's to hoping they have got her in touch with a supervisor.. The maintenence man needs to be in trouble.. And the op needs to rethink volunteering to help then complaining about it..

The problem is this wasn't recognized by carnival because her husband says he did the work, wasn't reported to the correct supervisor, but took the time to bash carnival on a forum. Don't be part of the reason a system isn't working, then bash the system.. Here's to hoping they have got her in touch with a supervisor.. The maintenence man needs to be in trouble.. And the op needs to rethink volunteering to help then complaining about it..

How do you figure it wasn't recognized? A maintenance man came to fix the toilet but it seemed that either he wasn't competent to do so, or it was a two person job and rather than wait for another person to come to assist, the husband helped.

I agree that they need to speak to a maintenance supervisor, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with posting their experiences on this board.

Keep in mind that there was an ongoing issue with getting the safe fixed, and a far too long wait at dinner as well. This was not just about the toilet.

Archived