On the Dream and NOT happy~!

pomlover

From John Heald's Facebook page.

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 11:31 PM

To: BREEZE CRUISE DIRECTOR

Subject: RE: Hello, can you see if this was reported and if so was fixed. Thanks so much, loads of posts about this so would love to confirm.

John

could not find anything that has been reported to us or housekeeping whatsoever. Can you get a cabin number?

Thank you and kind regards,

Guest Services Manager, Carnival Dream

So, please Sarah and anyone who may know where this is posted and is a CC member please ask them for their cabin number so we can get them assistance and make sure we take care of them

Thanks

Had nothing but trouble since boarding the Dream yesterday! The safe in our room did not work. Which isn't that big of deal, but we told the 'room' guy and he reported it. Still wasn't fixed that evening, today when we left we ask them to fix it while in port. Was told to call housekeeping. Which I did. Got back from port, still wasn't fixed. finally at almost 9pm, someone came to fix it. First night in dining room we had to wait over 2 hours for our food. I understand it takes alot to get everyone served. But we had alot of empty tables in our areas. Today after a nice nap we started to get ready for first elegant night, then realized our toliet didn't work! We have 2 kids in our cabin and this isn't good. We called maintenence, was told to wait and someone would be right there. We waited a while, noone! So I took kids up to get something to eat, NOT in dinning room, while husband waited for plumber. Guess they wanted to make sure we didn't do something to the toliet??? I called the room to see what was going on, husband was helping 'fix' toliet! Then after guy left my husband had to clean up bathroom floor!! Crazy! He smelled awful! And he was so hungry! We went to talk to guest services and got an apology and got some lame excuse about the toliet. My family has owned a hardware business for over 40 years and I can hear BS when I hear it. Anyway, husband didn't want to get maintnence guy in trouble about him asking for help. But guest services only wanted to talk about that. If my husband didn't help him, the toliet wouldn't have got fixed! We have cruised over 12+ times and only last 4 or so with Carnival because of our kids. But I will say this trip just may change things. We aren't the only one having trouble. So I figure they will have alot of comliments. I hope they get all these problems worked out before the next sail!

Pomlover...it looks like your post has caught the attention of Corporate, but they need your cabin number. There's no record of any complaint from you.

From John Heald's Facebook page.

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 11:31 PM

To: BREEZE CRUISE DIRECTOR

Subject: RE: Hello, can you see if this was reported and if so was fixed. Thanks so much, loads of posts about this so would love to confirm.

John

could not find anything that has been reported to us or housekeeping whatsoever. Can you get a cabin number?

Thank you and kind regards,

Guest Services Manager, Carnival Dream

So, please Sarah and anyone who may know where this is posted and is a CC member please ask them for their cabin number so we can get them assistance and make sure we take care of them

Thanks

Did I miss something? Why would someone run to JH and post about someone with a toilet clogged?

Pomlover...it looks like your post has caught the attention of Corporate, but they need your cabin number. There's no record of any complaint from you.

If they checked the maintainance log for fixing the safe, would that give a cabin number? I'm sure they must account for their time and what they were doing.

Did I miss something? Why would someone run to JH and post about someone with a toilet clogged?

Thought this sounded real fishy, John has checked with the Dream and there has been no such complaint filed at guest services...Dennis

If they checked the maintainance log for fixing the safe, would that give a cabin number? I'm sure they must account for their time and what they were doing.

They dont. I had a safe issue 3x on my last cruise and each time they couldn't find a record of anyone coming out to check on it.

According to his page - someone at Carnival contacted him about it because of the numerous posts here.

I just cross posted as it was at the top of my facebook page when I logged in and I had seen the thread here earlier.

You are all ridiculous!!! (& not just the 2 that I quoted, you were just the most recent)

OP came on here venting about an issue they are having, one that I'm sure you would not be happy with either if it happened to you. Is this an informational site, or a "bashing" site? Looks like someone else posted to JH FB page asking for help for the OP, not the OP herself. Maybe they didn't get their complaints to the right people, or maybe they weren't logged, whatever. The toilet is fixed, and hopefully they enjoy the rest of their cruise, but I feel sorry for how she is going to feel when she gets home & sees the way this "community" has treated her!!!!!!!!!

OP's problem rang true to me and amazing how he is being crucified for not being happy with plumbing problems and terrible DR service

CruisinKaren lol your too funny

Well Carnival I happy your monitoring these boards because I truely begging you to give the Dream the My Awsome Bar Program I going this saturday please.....please.......

Im looking forward to this cruise because its the newest and largest ship that I been on Carnival. We will love Punchliners and the brunch. I also looking forward to the Martini Bar :)

About the dining room wait...I not want my food rushed out one after another I enjoy taking my time. Fine dining establishments also take their time in bringing out the food its not a fast food type establishment that you eat and in 20 minutes your done.

I was thinking the same thing.

agree, nothing seemed trollish about the OP's complaint to me. I would be quite unhappy with a non functioning toilet in my stateroom too, regardless of who worked on it. As I said before to OP, hope this just a temporary glitch and that the rest of the cruise is good.

There was absolutely no reason for the OP to get on line and complain on the second day of the cruise and cause this commotion.What happens if the rest of the cruise is the best it can be?

She'll be quite embarrassed to come back after the riot she caused, and likely knew it would be flamed in the first place.

That ship is on it's first run after dry dock. Couldn't there be anything positive to be said? Sorry, very disappointed with the OP.

There was absolutely no reason for the OP to get on line and complain on the second day of the cruise and cause this commotion.What happens if the rest of the cruise is the best it can be?

She'll be quite embarrassed to come back after the riot she caused, and likely knew it would be flamed in the first place.

That ship is on it's first run after dry dock. Couldn't there be anything positive to be said? Sorry, very disappointed with the OP.

Completely disagree!!! A valid complaint is a valid complaint, period. She may have been lucky and still have service on her second day & be able to post. She can't control or expect the riot that her post has caused.

Maybe she just wanted to share her experience and frustration, to which I completely agree with, I would be P.O'd too. To expect to be flammed like this, no way.

BTW, I'll make sure not to post anything about my upcoming Destiny cruise since my opinions on the expectations of the ship or her crew's level of service won't matter since she's going into drydock shortly after.

REALLY?!?!?!!!

From what i have been seeing lately there is nothing you can post on here anymore without causing commotion!! The only people that i see causing commotion are the ones calling the OP a troll and doubting what they are saying is true!! :rolleyes:

Archived