On the Dream and NOT happy~!

pomlover

When the Dream was announced I made a remark about not all dreams are good because some are nightmares. From reading all of the negatives about this ship I think that is what it has turned into.

Will be going on it it a few weeks and not really having a good feeling about it. The only reason that we booked it was because we have FCCs for Carnival and Princess that are about to expire so we decided to use both on basically a B2B while in FL. Get off the Dream and then the next day get on the Ruby.

Keep up the good attitude and enjoy it as a experience that will make you appreciate everything that we always take for granted or expect.

Had nothing but trouble since boarding the Dream yesterday! The safe in our room did not work. Which isn't that big of deal, but we told the 'room' guy and he reported it. Still wasn't fixed that evening, today when we left we ask them to fix it while in port. Was told to call housekeeping. Which I did. Got back from port, still wasn't fixed. finally at almost 9pm, someone came to fix it. First night in dining room we had to wait over 2 hours for our food. I understand it takes alot to get everyone served. But we had alot of empty tables in our areas. Today after a nice nap we started to get ready for first elegant night, then realized our toliet didn't work! We have 2 kids in our cabin and this isn't good. We called maintenence, was told to wait and someone would be right there. We waited a while, noone! So I took kids up to get something to eat, NOT in dinning room, while husband waited for plumber. Guess they wanted to make sure we didn't do something to the toliet??? I called the room to see what was going on, husband was helping 'fix' toliet! Then after guy left my husband had to clean up bathroom floor!! Crazy! He smelled awful! And he was so hungry! We went to talk to guest services and got an apology and got some lame excuse about the toliet. My family has owned a hardware business for over 40 years and I can hear BS when I hear it. Anyway, husband didn't want to get maintnence guy in trouble about him asking for help. But guest services only wanted to talk about that. If my husband didn't help him, the toliet wouldn't have got fixed! We have cruised over 12+ times and only last 4 or so with Carnival because of our kids. But I will say this trip just may change things. We aren't the only one having trouble. So I figure they will have alot of comliments. I hope they get all these problems worked out before the next sail!

I have to agree with you on the service in the dining room!

We sailed Sept. 1-8 then it was off to drydock. In all my cruises this was the WORST service in the dining room we have ever had. Some tables were being served desert and we still had not gotten our meal. Dirty dishes from appetizers would sit on our table for over 30 minutes.

We had a night where we were in the main dining room for 2 hours and 30 some minutes. I chalked it up to staff was in dry dock mode. But I guess that is not the case.

Hope your trip gets better!

Why would any passenger fix the toilet bowl especially having the maintence worker there fixing it lol

That doesn't surprise me, when lately I'm reading people helping out their stewards so they can move onto the next cabin. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just go to the next cabin with them.

Won't have to pay 2 maintenance men? That's a new way to keep fares down:D

I truly think that someone is making business decisions based on outcomes after playing Cruise Tycoon, as long as the results don't have the ship hitting a pier or even sinking.

I think the complaints were on overdrive. No one waits 2 hours to be served in the DR. Maybe 2 hours total, but remember it's not the buffet. 2 hours is too long, and they need to keep the room cleared for the next seating.

Unless they are late seating. While two hours seems a bit long, I wouldn't be surprised if it was over an hour.

As for the safe, not a big deal, not a hazard unless you had lots of diamonds to store.

Given the growing frequency of theft out of cabins, cabin doors left open by cleaning staff, etc, I think it's a huge problem. On my last cruise I had the equivalent of a couple thousand dollars in various currencies, and you bet I wanted to lock it in a safe. I also locked up some of my jewelry, my iPhone, passport, credit cards, and more.

I doubt hubby was told to clean up a toilet mess. Can't even imagine what kind of a stinky mess could be made.

He might not have been told, but I know when we had a plumber fix a drainage problem in our shower on RCCL, he made a terrible mess in the bathroom and left it. I suspect given the poor service they were encountering, he didn't think it would be taken care of by housekeeping while they were out and didn't want to come back to it.

I have to agree with you on the service in the dining room!

We sailed Sept. 1-8 then it was off to drydock. In all my cruises this was the WORST service in the dining room we have ever had. Some tables were being served desert and we still had not gotten our meal. Dirty dishes from appetizers would sit on our table for over 30 minutes.

We had a night where we were in the main dining room for 2 hours and 30 some minutes. I chalked it up to staff was in dry dock mode. But I guess that is not the case.

Hope your trip gets better!

We had the same experience with dining room service on the Dream in July. 2.5 hours or more. There were many times we didn't get the food we ordered. The waiter couldn't remember who ordered what when it was brought out so we played pass the appetizer/salad/entree etc. We did speak to the maitre D about the service and it got a tiny bit better for one night and then right back to missed appetizers mixed up entrees, forgotten items. Twice I never got my soup and once I had a missed appetizer. That was the worst dining room experience we have ever had and first time I never tipped the Maitre D. I am platinum and have sailed Carnival 19 times so I know how they operate. I don't think the cut in dining staff is working. I am hoping my next sailing on the Dream next month for Thanksgiving is better.

I hope you're cruise gets better. We've had safe issues before on a RC cruise, but they fixed it promptly. Same cruise our friends had issues with their toilet and that did not go well. The toilet was actually taken from the wall for 24 hours. My friend finally went to guest services in tears and they moved them to a different cabin (better cabin; oceanview to balcony), but they were only able to because someone had gotten off the ship in one of the ports. They were given obc, and a bunch of goodies for their son.

Wow, that's terrible. I would have demanded they refund my cruise fare and let me off at the next port and fly me home on their dime if that happened to me. That's more than a minor inconvenience, that's like taking out the bed and expecting guests to sleep on the floor. Completely unacceptable and they should be ashamed of themselves for even considering allowing the guests to stay in a cabin without a toilet. But then again given my experience with RC, it's not terribly surprising.

OP, sorry you had these problems. Hope things get better!

Just wanted to let you and others know that if you have similar problems, there are also showers and toilets in the spa/gym. That might help you get ready while your toilet/shower is being worked on.

Maggie

What are the children supposed to do? They aren't allowed in those areas.

If your complaints to guest services are falling on deaf ears you should write a letter when you get back detailing not only the issues but how they did/didn't get resolved. That is the only way things will potentially get better. It may be too late for your cruise but try to enjoy what time you have left.

What are the children supposed to do? They aren't allowed in those areas.

My at the time 7 year old used the spa showers with her 19 year old sister on Valor... I don't think I have ever seen that children weren't permitted. If she wasn't then I am so sorry I broke the rules.

My at the time 7 year old used the spa showers with her 19 year old sister on Valor... I don't think I have ever seen that children weren't permitted. If she wasn't then I am so sorry I broke the rules.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ShoreExcursionsTC.aspx

Very specific that guests must be 18 to use the spa or it's facilities (which would include the showers.)

You should read that a little more closely.

I read it. Children 13-17 can choose from a specific list of spa treatments, that doesn't mean they can use the facilities at will. And no where does it indicate children under 13 are allowed at any time in the spa facilities. The salon is not the same as the spa.

Yes, it is a pain when something goes wrong.....

but that's life....things break....

perhaps the :go with the flow: advice you were handling out to someone else.....would apply here?

I do hope you do not allow these two things breaking ruin your entire cruise....that would be a shame.

Now go and enjoy!!!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ShoreExcursionsTC.aspx

Very specific that guests must be 18 to use the spa or it's facilities (which would include the showers.)

First of all, I was just mentioning that there were shower and toilet facilities for people to use in the spa area in case some people did not know this. I wasn't specifically referring to the OP and I wasn't offering it as a "solution" to their problem. I think each stateroom should have working facilities. I was just mentioning it in case people were desperate for a shower.

Secondly, I was referring to the showers in the gym area and not the ones back in the spa. So I don't think the spa rules apply to those? On the Dream there were showers across from the gym that were available to anyone. There were also different showers that were available to those in a spa room or I assume who have had a spa treatment. They were back behind the locked doors by the relaxation room.

Maggie

I am a pretty good husband but i wouldnt stay behind to watch toilet repair i would be on the Lido deck filling up with liquids to test it later :eek:

You got that right !

" you guys go ahead , I'm going to hang here and watch the guy fixing the crapper"" ha

Archived