FCD's - New Terms Begin on Friday

sail7seas

I was speaking with someone today who mentioned new FCD rules starting Friday but we did not get into just what the changes are?

Anyone know ?

I suspect it is not in 'our' favor. :D I think it will take away the shipboard credit and benefit will only be we can put down low deposit but I'm not sure.

:) Actually it is ALL Good News for the changes coming to the Future Cruise Deposits.

First if anyone has a Future Cruise Deposit in waiting absolutely nothings changes on that.

But starting on Friday on board the ships of HAL there will be a new Break Down in Purchasing Future Cruise Deposits that you will sort of need to know what type of cruise you will be purchasing and this also will apply if you book a New cruise on board the ship.

Sailings of 3 to 10 days will now be a $100.00 deposit or Future Cruise Deposit per person with the same Ship Board Credit received as before. The difference here is that I believe that those under 7 days will now receive Ship Board Credit they did not previously.

Sailings booked that are 11 -21 days in length will require a deposit of $250.00 per person and will receive the Ship Board Credit that was given previously for the longer voyages with the Future Cruise Deposit.

Sailings 22 - 50 days will require a $500.00 per person deposit and yes there is a whole new set of Ship Board Credit for this that is higher but I do not have those figures as of yet.

51 days or Longer will be $1000.00 Deposit with Ship Board Credit as well that is more.

Previously when you purchased a Future Cruise Deposit it could only be used for sailings up to 36 days now you will be able to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit for theose longer sailings even though you are not yet ready to book or that sailing has not yet been released such as World Cruise Segments.

It really is all good and they are not taking away anything other than those that book longer cruises with the $100 FUture Cruise Deposit they will have to use a Future Cruise Deposit that cost a bit more but while I did not get the exacts I want to say there was a bit more in Ship Board Credit with the $250.00 Future Cruise Deposit but I could be mistaken.

It isn't all good if you don't have any idea what future cruise you may wish to book at the time.

It certainly isn't good for someone who purchases for seven days, back-to-backs, and their cruise gets converted at a date after they booked to a Collector's. They would have used four FCD's instead of two.

I don't want to waste any of my time doing anything with a FCC while on a cruise and would never book with one. I wish they had a form I could complete and hand it to Concierge with my credit card number. That is the most time I wish to spend while on our cruises.

:) Actually it is ALL Good News for the changes coming to the Future Cruise Deposits.

First if anyone has a Future Cruise Deposit in waiting absolutely nothings changes on that.

But starting on Friday on board the ships of HAL there will be a new Break Down in Purchasing Future Cruise Deposits that you will sort of need to know what type of cruise you will be purchasing and this also will apply if you book a New cruise on board the ship.

Sailings of 3 to 10 days will now be a $100.00 deposit or Future Cruise Deposit per person with the same Ship Board Credit received as before. The difference here is that I believe that those under 7 days will now receive Ship Board Credit they did not previously.

Sailings booked that are 11 -21 days in length will require a deposit of $250.00 per person and will receive the Ship Board Credit that was given previously for the longer voyages with the Future Cruise Deposit.

Sailings 22 - 50 days will require a $500.00 per person deposit and yes there is a whole new set of Ship Board Credit for this that is higher but I do not have those figures as of yet.

51 days or Longer will be $1000.00 Deposit with Ship Board Credit as well that is more.

Previously when you purchased a Future Cruise Deposit it could only be used for sailings up to 36 days now you will be able to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit for theose longer sailings even though you are not yet ready to book or that sailing has not yet been released such as World Cruise Segments.

It really is all good and they are not taking away anything other than those that book longer cruises with the $100 FUture Cruise Deposit they will have to use a Future Cruise Deposit that cost a bit more but while I did not get the exacts I want to say there was a bit more in Ship Board Credit with the $250.00 Future Cruise Deposit but I could be mistaken.

Thanks very much Lisa - so for the longer sailings it sounds like these can be used:D The only difficulty for us - is were not sure what we're going to book - granted they have all been longer cruises - but the number of days is never known until we see the right ship and the right itinerary.

I hope as more comes out about the new programme - people will share:D

Glad I have one in my back pocket - I might just save it rather than waste it on a short cruise;)

It isn't all good if you don't have any idea what future cruise you may wish to book at the time.

It certainly isn't good for someone who purchases for seven days, back-to-backs, and their cruise gets converted at a date after they booked to a Collector's. They would have used four FCD's instead of two.

I don't want to waste any of my time doing anything with a FCC while on a cruise and would never book with one. I wish they had a form I could complete and hand it to Concierge with my credit card number. That is the most time I wish to spend while on our cruises.

Wow, it sure sounds like you've had some difficulty with FCC's in the past. Sorry about that.

We've dealt with some genuinely pleasant and helpful ones.

Scott & Karen

Actually I believe this is something that is strongly being discussed and may happen sooner rather than later ;) I expect in the very near future for them to have a form that you will be able to pick up and mark how many and what kind of Future Cruise Deposits you want to purchase and then it will be charged to your On Board Account.

Not sure but this may happen when the new changes of Deposits happen but I have not had that confirmed.

Actually I believe this is something that is strongly being discussed and may happen sooner rather than later ;) I expect in the very near future for them to have a form that you will be able to pick up and mark how many and what kind of Future Cruise Deposits you want to purchase and then it will be charged to your On Board Account.

Not sure but this may happen when the new changes of Deposits happen but I have not had that confirmed.

IN all honesty, it's nothing to just get the FCC or FCD or whatever the right acronym is:) I did just fill out a form at the spot and we had confirmation the next day in our cabin:D

Appreciate all the info Lisa - thanks again:D

So I see some pluses and minus' here.

As Sail said, when we buy FCD now, we don't always know what our next cruise will be, in terms of length for sure, so which do we buy? Right now we have two $100 FCDs waiting for our next to be determined cruise. Assume those will be grandfathered in.

The increased OBC is good. Wish it were here for our next cruise, which is 22 days. But that started as a 10 day and a 12 day, it since has morphed into a Collectors 22 day.

Thank you Lisa.

This new program has its advantages and disadvantages.

We never know what cruise we would like to do in the future -- so for us to buy a FCD would be a disadvantage as our cruise lengths can by anyhwere from 20 days to 26 days. Bid difference in the deposits.

Thanks very much Lisa - so for the longer sailings it sounds like these can be used:D The only difficulty for us - is were not sure what we're going to book - granted they have all been longer cruises - but the number of days is never known until we see the right ship and the right itinerary.

I hope as more comes out about the new programme - people will share:D

Glad I have one in my back pocket - I might just save it rather than waste it on a short cruise;)

kazu

Same here -- how many people can predict what length of cruise they want to do?

People who can only cruise 7 days at a time -- they have no problems.

It is not helpful if you really do not know what length of cruise you will find interesting. We normally book longer cruises but it could turn out to be more or less than 21 days. I won't know which to purchase in November when we board the NA.

The timing of this information may be good as when we board the QM2 tomorrow for a tour and luncheon I am hoping they may offer some sort of Future Cruise Credit if booked onboard. We were onboard the Oceania Regatta on Friday for a tour and lunch and they offered $250pp FCD if purchased onboard. You did not have to decide on a cruise at the time.

sail

On our Amsterdam cruise we just went down to FCC's desk -- had her get us 2 $100 deposits. She said that all she had to do was look up m credit card number and she would fill out the information and have it in the cabin the next day.

We were there less than 5 minutes.

....... We were onboard the Oceania Regatta on Friday for a tour and lunch and they offered $250pp FCD if purchased onboard. You did not have to decide on a cruise at the time.

How did you like the Regatta? Compared to HAL S and R?

I'm sorry. I was thinking Marina which is closer in size and pax to S and R. But how did you like Regatta anyway?

Our cruises are 10 or 11 days. Will I be able to buy the 10-day FC and later convert to 11? Will I have to then pay a full deposit since I'd no longer be 'onboard'?

Thank you Lisa.

This new program has its advantages and disadvantages.

We never know what cruise we would like to do in the future -- so for us to buy a FCD would be a disadvantage as our cruise lengths can by anyhwere from 20 days to 26 days. Bid difference in the deposits.

:o Unfortunately I do not have the answers. I definitely do see some flaws in this and have not heard the full details of how this will be implemented. I cannot help but believe this has been thought thru.... or at least let's hope it has. :D Possibly now this is just me thinking out loud thru my keyboard but possibly if you purchase a $100 FCD and you book a 11 day cruise they will allow you to just pay the difference of the additional $150 per person when you do make the booking. This really is only a guess and if they do you may only get the Ship Board redit that was attached to the $100 FCD. I am only guessing here.

I will continue to see what I can find out from some of my sources. Although since it is getting late in the day it may not be today.

Wow, it sure sounds like you've had some difficulty with FCC's in the past. Sorry about that.

We've dealt with some genuinely pleasant and helpful ones.

Scott & Karen

Very observant of you. :)

Yes, I have not always found interaction with specific FCC's to be satisfactory. A few bad experiences. :( I don't think I'll go into details here. ;)

I can understand why you initially said it is all good but there are a few wrinkles they need to work on.

If they make it possible for me to never go to FCC, that will be wonderful. :) Most of them are delightful but I don't wish to spend my time on my vacation going to their desk, during their hours, to do 'business'. I do not find it pleasant, enjoyable or interesting. JMO........

Thanks for sharing what the new program looks like. :)

sail

On our Amsterdam cruise we just went down to FCC's desk -- had her get us 2 $100 deposits. She said that all she had to do was look up m credit card number and she would fill out the information and have it in the cabin the next day.

We were there less than 5 minutes.

Sometimes it's quick for me, other times not so much. I seem to get behind someone that wants to book a cruise but they don't know where and they want to hear about EVERY cabin on the ship:rolleyes::D.

I've had that experience, too, Lorekauf.

I've also had the situation where the FCC did not want to simply sell the FCD's. They wanted to book a cruise and were less than understanding that I was not going to book a suite with them.... I only wanted the FCD's to do with what we wanted at a future time that was convenient for us. In a word...... they wanted the big sale, not the $100 deposits sale. :( Not good to put the guest in that uncomfortable position. IMO

You find yourself being talked about here on CC. :D

How did you like the Regatta? Compared to HAL S and R?

I'm sorry. I was thinking Marina which is closer in size and pax to S and R. But how did you like Regatta anyway?

Well the food was amazing and, peeking in the shop windows, there seemed to be clothing you might actually buy. I loved the elegant wood panelling and the tasteful furnishings.

The cabins were smaller than HAL on a level to level comparison. There were no cabins with double basins unless you took an Owner's Suite. The rep I spoke with said they did not put them in the new builds either. The bathrooms were extremely small.

The cabins we visited were occupied and my husband found out from a rep that the occupants received OBC's for allowing the tour. Each cabin had a crew member standing guard as the visitors filed through.

My husband did not like the low ceilings. The dining room ceiling was very low and gave an enclosed feeling. I kind of agreed with him on that point.

The presentation was very well done and they had several suits from head office for the gathering. I would say there were about 100 of us in all. We knew many of the participants and a number of them bought the FCD's that were offered.

We both felt that we did not experience the intangible comfortable feeling we get when we board a HAL ship so we passed on the FCD'S. Now the Queen Mary2 tour tomorrow just might make converts out of us. Who knows?

Another consideration would be that I don't "know" anybody on the other boards. It has taken years to get comfortable here and to know who to listen to. It would mean starting from scratch somewhere else and I am not too sure I would bother. I really like CC and don't want to move.

Archived