Azamara secret to be released 10/1?

pickypicky

My TA has forwarded an Azamara ad to me hinting at something to be announced on October 1. Anyone else seen this? Just curious and wondering what it could be, since 2014 itineraries are already out.

Hello Pickypicky -

On Monday, October 1st, I'll be sharing some information about Azamara Club Cruises on the Azamara Cruise Critic forum. Unfortunately, that is the extent of what I'm able to share with you at this time - so stay tuned until Monday!

In the meantime, please enjoy the weekend ahead!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Pickypicky -

On Monday, October 1st, I'll be sharing some information about Azamara Club Cruises on the Azamara Cruise Critic forum. Unfortunately, that is the extent of what I'm able to share with you at this time - so stay tuned until Monday!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Now you have got us wishing away the weekend Bill!!

Hello Pickypicky -

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Certainly great marketing from Azamara's perspective. Keep us all guess and talking until the announcement is made.

So, are they trying to build a new and different clientele, are they going to make their pricing structure all inclusive, are they just raising their prices and hoping for the best? The scenarios are just endless. Guess only time will tell.

I hate to be from the school of worst case scenario so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope we still can cruise on Azamara.

Wasn't there mention a little while ago that Azamara was going to make a big announcement about Night Touring? I don't remember reading any news on that front, so maybe that will be the upcoming "secret". It would certainly make sense to add value to destination immersion by offering experiences/tours not available on mainstream lines.

But on the other hand, with the significant increase in fares for 2014 itineraries, perhaps Azamara will be going more inclusive. Maybe include specialty restaurants or in-room bar set-up or enhanced amenities or ... in the basic cruise fare?

As for acquiring another "R" class ship, Hapag-Lloyd has announced that they will not renew the lease on Oceania Insignia when it expires in 2014, so maybe Azamara could negotiate a new lease? Somehow methinks not!

I can only think of adding another ship (old or new) as being big news.

I doubt I would hike prices if I was trying to sell a 50% increase in capacity

I spotted and posted about enhancements to te suite offering on the new website, interestingly these references on the web pages have now even blanked out

My guess is we are talking about an increase in the included offering which might explain some of the price hike

There is an Oceania ad in the Oct. Conde Nast which only has 4 ships listed: 1250 quest Riviera and Marina and the 684 quest Regatta and Nautica. Insignia is not listed!!

So there is a possibility that Azamara may be acquiring another ship!!! That would be great news!!!

Insignia has been leased out to Hapag Lloyd for 2 years -- she is coming back to O after the lease expires but it is unclear what O will do with her -- not sure they can fill two R ships and 2 larger O class ships. I doubt Azamara has acquired her. Premature.

I doubt I would hike prices if I was trying to sell a 50% increase in capacity

I spotted and posted about enhancements to te suite offering on the new website, interestingly these references on the web pages have now even blanked out

My guess is we are talking about an increase in the included offering which might explain some of the price hike

I think so too. The price hike is HUGE.

There is an Oceania ad in the Oct. Conde Nast which only has 4 ships listed: 1250 quest Riviera and Marina and the 684 quest Regatta and Nautica. Insignia is not listed!!

Oceania has a 1250 passenger ship?

Maybe Azamara should take Veendam off of HAL's hands. Right now she needs a lot of work and HAL is not putting any money into that ship. OK, I know that is not going to happen, but was my first thought when I saw that Oceania had that capacity ship. It really is a nice size, and certainly more cabins to sell.

Maybe it has something to do with the past passenger club? Perhaps a revamp and something completely independent of Celebrity Cruises.

Another possibility is that Azamara is going more inclusive, such as including specialty restaurants, some shore excursions, and liquor in the cruise price.

As others have mentioned, perhaps Azamara has acquired the Oceania ship currently under charter to Hapag Lloyd, although this would surprise me as basically Oceania would be fueling the competition which is something I doubt they would do.

Ernie

Oceania has a 1250 passenger ship?

Maybe Azamara should take Veendam off of HAL's hands. Right now she needs a lot of work and HAL is not putting any money into that ship. OK, I know that is not going to happen, but was my first thought when I saw that Oceania had that capacity ship. It really is a nice size, and certainly more cabins to sell.

The last thing I think Azamara needs right now is more cabins to fill.

But, that's just me.

Maybe Azamara could be adding some Alaska and Canada/ New England cruises.

As the 2014 schedule is now out, that one is a way off and I would be surprised if big= schedule increase 3 years from now, that would have the investment analysts saying so what, you are struggling if that's the best you can call big

It would seem to be a strange time to add all-inclusive liquor, especially when the much discussed Nespresso for fee was just recently announced. Maybe I'm wrong, but the feeling I've gotten onboard is that most passengers would not want to pay a higher fare for all-inclusive liquor, especially since most cruises are port intensive and don't leave much time onboard to spend drinking.

And maybe we are all on the wrong route and it's nothing to do with drinks at all. Maybe it's even a count-down sale of those cruises not selling too well to the end of the year (as they did previously this year)? I think a degree of patience is now required - after all it's only a day or so when all will become clear - Pam

Maybe Azamara could be adding some Alaska and Canada/ New England cruises.

I was surprised that Azamara did not add Canada New England to 2014. HAL has hardly any competition and now 3 ships doing those itineraries, and they sell out at high per diems and have wait lists year after year. In fact, Maasdam and Veendam are two of the ships that can make it under the bridge and all the way to Montreal, which is why the Princess ships and others (like Eurodam) don't travel as far (maybe to Quebec city).

That would be a bummer for us since we only drink wine. I would hate to pay a higher price just because they are adding drinks....

I totally agree. We love cruising with Azamara but will think twice if all drinks are included. I would rather pay a higher price for some included excursions....but that's just my opinion.

Pat

Archived