Winter 2013/14

Has everybody had the email from Thomson that mentioned the Caribbean cruises for next year?

On it there's a picture of I think Cuba. It looks like it anyway. Will try and make an attachment of it on here to see if anyone recognises where it is.

Not sure why but I don't seem to get these alerts. Can't imagine why - I'm signed up for almost everything cruise-wise! :confused:

I've been ion the Thomson site and can't see a link to sign up. Can you see one Sailaway and if so could you post it for me please? I'd hate to be missing any news! :eek::D

Clicked on the 'change my details' bit at the bottom of the email and this came up:

http://access2.creatormail.co.uk/tuilive/TUI.ClientUI/(S(r45eiubccp5cxmimy153ezru))/Thomson/Registration/default.aspx

Really old though, part of the old old website. Maybe try entering your details into this bit.

Or, there's the 'Email sign up' link on the website, but this is for My Holiday Alerts:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/myholidayalerts/

Maybe if you signed up for these then they might email you the other emails too.

Thanks to you both for your help :) but I'm still having a problem - I've signed up on the first link Sailaway gave me and although that appeared to be ok I've not had the email to 'Activate' my request. As you say Sailaway it's perhaps an old one which doesn't work now.

The second one takes me to the same page as the one you directed me to barnowl and as far as I can make out they are for land based holidays only as it specifically asks where you want to go and doesn't give the cruise itineraries. I don't think it's geared up to cruises.

If that's right (and it's not just me that can't sort it out) than that would be a good idea for Mr Ellacott - an alert for cruise deals specifically for those you have an interest in. The 'other' Thomson site used to do something like that but I haven't used it in a while so don't know if it's still functioning.

But as for these email alerts with news of for example the launch of brochures etc they seem to be passing me by altogether!:( If I have no joy, I'll try emailing them!

Thanks again for your suggestions. :)

Thanks to you both for your help :) but I'm still having a problem - I've signed up on the first link Sailaway gave me and although that appeared to be ok I've not had the email to 'Activate' my request. As you say Sailaway it's perhaps an old one which doesn't work now.

The second one takes me to the same page as the one you directed me to barnowl and as far as I can make out they are for land based holidays only as it specifically asks where you want to go and doesn't give the cruise itineraries. I don't think it's geared up to cruises.

If that's right (and it's not just me that can't sort it out) than that would be a good idea for Mr Ellacott - an alert for cruise deals specifically for those you have an interest in. The 'other' Thomson site used to do something like that but I haven't used it in a while so don't know if it's still functioning.

But as for these email alerts with news of for example the launch of brochures etc they seem to be passing me by altogether!:( If I have no joy, I'll try emailing them!

Thanks again for your suggestions. :)

Have you ever booked a package holiday or a cruise holiday from the Thomson site itself? I'm wondering whether that is it? :confused:

Have you ever booked a package holiday or a cruise holiday from the Thomson site itself? I'm wondering whether that is it? :confused:

Yes. Some time ago now though as we've tended to use the other Thomson site more recently - not to worry I'll try emailing and if all else fails I can rely on my friends on here to let me know what's afoot! :D ;)

Hi again kruzseeker :) I too haven't received e.mails so decided to sign up as well just now... thought it would be straight-forward but can't get anywhere with it either.

Yes I have booked on-line for land based holidays but not cruises - will be on our second cruise in April - I don't think it has anything to do with receiving e.mails though.

Really hoped I could help.

You can sign up for alerts here

http://twitter.com/ThomsonDeals

http://www.facebook.com/Thomsonholidays/app_188326551304353

but you will need a facebook or twitter account

Hmmmmmmmmmm...slight problem there! :rolleyes: Spend enough time on here so daren't start up with anything else! :o

But thanks for the suggestion! :)

I have done 2 holidays to Cuba (1 in 2010 and 1 in 2011) and went to Havana. Fantastic place to visit. Go for a cocktail at Hotel National overlooking the sea. Fabulous! It has not changed since the 50's/60's and is furnished in that era. Also Hemmingsway Bar is worth a visit for cocktails whilst a Jazz Band plays for you. Wonderful place.

This could be an interesting one! Thomson Dream has been booked into Split, Croatia on 14 November 2013! Could be an interesting cruise that one. Bit late on in the year so don't know what the weather will be like. By the looks of things, it will be doing some special cruises for November, before it goes to the Caribbean, docking in Madeira on 25 November on its positioning cruise. Be interesting to see this itinerary!

hmmmm...it stands to reason that they would 'do something interesting' in November

November is traditionally a very low booking month....so at the moment bargains, & more bargains to be had:cool:

2 households in my street are currently away on cruises...its a dirt cheap time to book

so, I guess they are thinking that by putting on a one off interesting (not to be missed) itinerary or two in this month would up their november margins

Anyone able to get hold of a brochure yet? Had an email from Cruise Deals that said you can register your interest with them now for the Caribbean for Thursday. Read the small print at the bottom, and it says that the Caribbean positioning cruise is going to be 27 nights long! :eek: Must be because of this Adriatic diversion it is doing.

Caribbean itineraries are starting from December, and you can fly on the Dreamliner from London Gatwick and Manchester.

Anyone able to get hold of a brochure yet? Had an email from Cruise Deals that said you can register your interest with them now for the Caribbean for Thursday. Read the small print at the bottom, and it says that the Caribbean positioning cruise is going to be 27 nights long! :eek: Must be because of this Adriatic diversion it is doing.

Caribbean itineraries are starting from December, and you can fly on the Dreamliner from London Gatwick and Manchester.

Good spot, that really was buried in the smallprint. Not sure I could manage 27 nights, but it's good to see some Grand Voyage style itineraries.

Archived