Just docked Dream...Awful!!!

pomlover

. Just a little hint for those of you going on the Dream soon. I hope they get everything fixed and more crew!. Our stateroom we paid extra for Deluxe family room. Our toliet broke and had to be replaced! Took 5 hours to get someone to do it. Then my husband had to help cause the crew members phone kept ringing and he need an extra hand. The very next night it started leaking all over the bathroom floor. Tried to call maintenance And guest services no answer! So the next morning I go to desk he says hewill get someone there right away and see what he wull do for us. Which was nice. That night we had 15% off our bill for 2 nights. Which amounted to $80 for 4 of us including kids.

Another night I went to take a shower and the whole shower came off the wall! It was so rusted that the parts went everywhere with rust pieces all over! We were getting ready for dinner. This time all they said was We can offer you drink coupons...

I'm not a complainer but this ship has alot of issues. Found out it had just been in dry dock for 2 weeks. Alot of people had problems. One couple at guest services had Bed Bugs and wanted a different room. Alot of rooms TV didnt work. Ice machines broke were using coolers. There is alot more I will post about later. Just so glad to be off that ship!

You've been the talk of the boards and on Facebook all week. Go find your thread from on board, or what's left of it.

There was also half a pot shot taken at you on the last blog, and it seemed to pain JH coming back having to say they finally located you after everyone dragged you through the mud. Unfortunately, but for you fortunately, those threads were pulled, cause that bunch was really offensive, as usual.

I thought the ambassador handled this????

Only that he had been notified from the ship that this family had been located and were taken care of.

But 15% for 2 nights?

I got 20% off a next cruise for simply complaining they used the speakeasy for a kids hang out for the week and we couldn't use it.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Really happy to hear any and all info on post refurb experiences. Will be sailing on the dream in January and listening with keen interest.

I've never done one but the first voyage after a refurb isn't usually the best of service or experience. I read that when the Grand Princess was refurbed construction delayed embarkation and departure, things were still not completed and construction/finishing touches were ongoing the whole cruise (transatlantic). Similar reports a few years ago when NCL's Dawn was overhauled. So no big surprise if some negative reports come down the line. Still happy to find people willing to share the experience.

Welcome back, looking forward to hearing more.

. Just a little hint for those of you going on the Dream soon. I hope they get everything fixed and more crew!. Our stateroom we paid extra for Deluxe family room. Our toliet broke and had to be replaced! Took 5 hours to get someone to do it. Then my husband had to help cause the crew members phone kept ringing and he need an extra hand. The very next night it started leaking all over the bathroom floor. Tried to call maintenance And guest services no answer! So the next morning I go to desk he says hewill get someone there right away and see what he wull do for us. Which was nice. That night we had 15% off our bill for 2 nights. Which amounted to $80 for 4 of us including kids.

Another night I went to take a shower and the whole shower came off the wall! It was so rusted that the parts went everywhere with rust pieces all over! We were getting ready for dinner. This time all they said was We can offer you drink coupons...

I'm not a complainer but this ship has alot of issues. Found out it had just been in dry dock for 2 weeks. Alot of people had problems. One couple at guest services had Bed Bugs and wanted a different room. Alot of rooms TV didnt work. Ice machines broke were using coolers. There is alot more I will post about later. Just so glad to be off that ship!

Let's see, "The worst movement cruising is better than the best movement working."

Yeah, I went there...

Hmmm. I think we're beginning to find the answer to that infamous "smell" on the Dream.

Since the toilets don't work, I'd start looking under the bed and behind cabinets...

Where's Josephine when you need her? (THAT's an oldie!)

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

Sounds like to me the original poster had some real issues. I for one thank her for coming back and posting. Hopefully she will come back and do a full review. I would hate to have the issues she had in the bathroom. Those issues would have been very bad for anyone.

OMG- here we go again!! I know it is hard to focus on the good when your cabin had issues, but maybe at least this time the op can tell us how the rest of the ship/ports/cruise was. (We had a blast on the waterworks on Dream, and loved the "Dancin' in the Streets" show. The bbq was decent, and we had a great time at the ports.) I am hoping the op had some enjoyment on the cruise. I think the bathroom issues occured right away - hopefully the next 5 cruise days were relaxing!:)

Archived