Just docked Dream...Awful!!!

pomlover

I love carnival and cruising as much as everyone here. Sometimes not everything works out well on a vacation. Pomlover is only posting her experience . No need to be so mean .

It's very disappointing when things go bad on a cruise.

Well said..i have been here a while..dreaming more than cruising..but have cruised Carnival 2 x since i have been here and got questioned on minor negative, when have i ever cruised to make such a comparison?? Should have left it, but answered..should not be speaking of it now..but people will be people and behind the scenes fierce about the pros and cons and sometimes as nasty as hell..and not the same always about what gets them down..it is coveted time for most..even who can afford a higher ticket and do or don't cruise all the time!!

I for one am thrilled to have a heads up for right after a dry dock..never thought about that but surely things are missed....left half done etc. in the pandimonium.....Sarah

. Just a little hint for those of you going on the Dream soon. I hope they get everything fixed and more crew!. Our stateroom we paid extra for Deluxe family room. Our toliet broke and had to be replaced! Took 5 hours to get someone to do it. Then my husband had to help cause the crew members phone kept ringing and he need an extra hand. The very next night it started leaking all over the bathroom floor. Tried to call maintenance And guest services no answer! So the next morning I go to desk he says hewill get someone there right away and see what he wull do for us. Which was nice. That night we had 15% off our bill for 2 nights. Which amounted to $80 for 4 of us including kids.

Another night I went to take a shower and the whole shower came off the wall! It was so rusted that the parts went everywhere with rust pieces all over! We were getting ready for dinner. This time all they said was We can offer you drink coupons...

I'm not a complainer but this ship has alot of issues. Found out it had just been in dry dock for 2 weeks. Alot of people had problems. One couple at guest services had Bed Bugs and wanted a different room. Alot of rooms TV didnt work. Ice machines broke were using coolers. There is alot more I will post about later. Just so glad to be off that ship!

Since Deluxe Family Rooms have 2 bathrooms in them....I am wondering why it taking 5 hours to get the toilet fixed was an issue...since they had a second toilet??

The shower thing...absolutely NO excuse for that to happen. But $80 is a reasonable amount of compensation....

As for what "other" people did or did not have happen...I do not put any stock in those kinds of comments....because they are merely said to "bolster" the OP's complaints.

IMHO, that diminishes the OP's credibility.

If someone has issues....than just state it and stop hedging with "they said"....

. Just a little hint for those of you going on the Dream soon. I hope they get everything fixed and more crew!. Our stateroom we paid extra for Deluxe family room. Our toliet broke and had to be replaced! Took 5 hours to get someone to do it. Then my husband had to help cause the crew members phone kept ringing and he need an extra hand. The very next night it started leaking all over the bathroom floor. Tried to call maintenance And guest services no answer! So the next morning I go to desk he says hewill get someone there right away and see what he wull do for us. Which was nice. That night we had 15% off our bill for 2 nights. Which amounted to $80 for 4 of us including kids.

Another night I went to take a shower and the whole shower came off the wall! It was so rusted that the parts went everywhere with rust pieces all over! We were getting ready for dinner. This time all they said was We can offer you drink coupons...

I'm not a complainer but this ship has alot of issues. Found out it had just been in dry dock for 2 weeks. Alot of people had problems. One couple at guest services had Bed Bugs and wanted a different room. Alot of rooms TV didnt work. Ice machines broke were using coolers. There is alot more I will post about later. Just so glad to be off that ship!

Sorry to hear about all the problems.

You have to learn to go with the flow. You have to expect certain problems as it's a big ship.

Bill

Well said..i have been here a while..dreaming more than cruising..but have cruised Carnival 2 x since i have been here and got questioned on minor negative, when have i ever cruised to make such a comparison?? Should have left it, but answered..should not be speaking of it now..but people will be people and behind the scenes fierce about the pros and cons and sometimes as nasty as hell..and not the same always about what gets them down..it is coveted time for most..even who can afford a higher ticket and do or don't cruise all the time!!

I for one am thrilled to have a heads up for right after a dry dock..never thought about that but surely things are missed....left half done etc. in the pandimonium.....Sarah

We got caught back in the days of not knowing.

And I kicked myself in the pants doing something I thought was romantic; booking the same room on the same ship from my honeymoon, on a cruise to Hawaii. In a room without air conditioning.

And the full maintenance dry dock crew sailed with us to Hawaii, working on the lido deck, cause they didn't finish in time.

I love carnival and cruising as much as everyone here. Sometimes not everything works out well on a vacation. Pomlover is only posting her experience . No need to be so mean .

It's very disappointing when things go bad on a cruise.

We got caught back in the days of not knowing.

And I kicked myself in the pants doing something I thought was romantic; booking the same room on the same ship from my honeymoon, on a cruise to Hawaii. In a room without air conditioning.

And the full maintenance dry dock crew sailed with us to Hawaii, working on the lido deck, cause they didn't finish in time.

Oh my, thanks for info and you guys are gorgeous as Annie Oaklies or on the balcony...and you loved the cruise anyway because i remember chatting with you about it..how rough...

The last Easter cruise has me "on the watch" but really want to do that trip and even bigger yet Alaska next to Hawaii...dream big..make it happen..lol..not sure yet when or who but is closer now..Sarah

Since Deluxe Family Rooms have 2 bathrooms in them....I am wondering why it taking 5 hours to get the toilet fixed was an issue...since they had a second toilet??

The 2nd bathroom has only junior tub and sink. No toilet in the 2nd bathroom.

You have to learn to go with the flow. You have to expect certain problems as it's a big ship.

I think that's part of her issue. The flow was too large and odorous. I can't wait for her review. I'll wager it is balanced, if there were any positive offsets. Note to self: never cruise week before or after dry dock.

"....

Ever cruise on Disney? Two bathrooms don't mean two toilets.

The Dream is a wonderful ship. Glad they compensated youfor a minor problem. Not every line would do that. There are always minor glitches after a dry dock. Therefore the compensation was appropriate and deserved. Kudos to Carnival.

Why do people always post this? The poster had a bad cruise. Incidents that the poster experienced are going to overshadow any good.

No such thing as a bad cruise.

A cruise is what you make it!

A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work!

I read that on the internet so it has to be true!:p

Bill

The shower thing...absolutely NO excuse for that to happen. But $80 is a reasonable amount of compensation....

As for what "other" people did or did not have happen...I do not put any stock in those kinds of comments....because they are merely said to "bolster" the OP's complaints.

IMHO, that diminishes the OP's credibility.

If someone has issues....than just state it and stop hedging with "they said"....

The deluxe oceanview cabins only have one toilet. There is only a tub and sink in the second bathroom... hence the reason why it was an issue.

If I didn't have a toilet for 5 hours with my 2 year old in the room with me(which will be the case when we cruise in April), I would be on Carnival like white-on-rice until they fixed it. I wouldn't care who I had to talk to, go through, how many times I had to ask, etc. I'd find somebody and they would fix it immediately.

I don't expect a luxury cruise on Carnival...a luxury cruise is out of our family budget. However, I do expect to have working facilities, a clean room, decent food (not talking about 5-star) and appropriate childcare in Camp Carnival for the price I pay.

I am happy that Carnival did compensate them though, but I am a little concerned that it took Carnival so long to "find" this customer. It makes me wonder just how many toilet issues did they have? After reading this thread, I sure as heck will never sail before or after a dry dock.

I sure hope they had some positive experiences and I hope once she gets settled in at home, she'll give us all the scoop! :)

I take it you haven't tried NCL?:p

Well Pete, you had me nodding my head until this.

I've moved into a brand new house and back into a newly refurbished library where I worked.

I lost count of the number of problems that had to be fixed in both cases and I can tell you it was over 4 years before the last of the roof leaks in the library was stopped. With new builds or fresh out of dry dock expect problems.

As far as NCL goes, We've had great cruises on NCL. The food is about equivelent, with the edge to CCL for desserts but the edge to NCL for the Blue Lagoon 24 hr food. We much prefer freestyle dining & will compare to YTD soon. The entertainment is much better on NCL and you don't need earplugs:p

OP, I'm sorry you had such problems at the start of your cruise. Hopefully you had some fun.

Sorry to hear about all the problems.

You have to learn to go with the flow.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think it was their lack of expected "flow" that caused most of the angst.

Hmmm. I think we're beginning to find the answer to that infamous "smell" on the Dream.

Since the toilets don't work, I'd start looking under the bed and behind cabinets...

Where's Josephine when you need her? (THAT's an oldie!)

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

LOL..sound's like a saying about the "outhouse" in the old west...LOl....sarah

You've been the talk of the boards and on Facebook all week. Go find your thread from on board, or what's left of it.

There was also half a pot shot taken at you on the last blog, and it seemed to pain JH coming back having to say they finally located you after everyone dragged you through the mud. Unfortunately, but for you fortunately, those threads were pulled, cause that bunch was really offensive, as usual.

Well said

The Dream is a wonderful ship. Glad they compensated youfor a minor problem. Not every line would do that. There are always minor glitches after a dry dock. Therefore the compensation was appropriate and deserved. Kudos to Carnival.

Minor glitches? Is that what the op wrote about? I must have missed something.

Ever cruise on Disney? Two bathrooms don't mean two toilets.

Not talking about Disney...I am talking about the 2 toilets in the Deluxe Ocean View on Carnival.

We have one booked for next month...

That ship is still "new" Things shouldnt be rusting in the bathrooms. Most of the ships ive been on were old and never had those problems. Guess nowadays there starting to use "cheap" materials to make parts for ships now.. Very sad.. Anything to try to save a buck.

Archived