How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

Maybe you are trying to treat the image as an attachment? Rather than adding the URL directly to the message, and rather than using the URL tool which pops up a window where you paste the URL, you may need to use the image tool which pops up a window where you paste the link to the image.

The other tricky thing that still gets to me occasionally is that the image link is a specialized form of address, not just a common URL.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

why am I the only one who can't get this!!!

I use Zenfolio, as discussed earlier in the thread. I click on the image icon and paste a link like this into the space that opens:

Here it is just pasted to the page:

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/img/s11/v30/p1931774616-4.jpg

And here pasted into the CC image box thingie:

p1931774616-4.jpg

As noted by another above, the only difference is that the image icon box tool thingie adds a HTML IMG tag before and after the URL: IMG within brackets [] to start the image, /IMG within brackets [] to end the image.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

enhance

So here I took your URL and added the HTML start-image command IMG before the URL, and the HTML end-image command /IMG after the URL (with these two commands enclosed in the HTML Command brackets [] of course)

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

So here I took your URL and added the HTML start-image command IMG before the URL, and the HTML end-image command /IMG after the URL (with these two commands enclosed in the HTML Command brackets [] of course)

https://im1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/010059664036/media/52426071794/medium/1482758310/enhance

enhance

I just tried it below and it is just text

e80591d10

Your Zenfolio link enclosed in HTML IMG /IMG commands...

And that didn't work for the following reason:

In zenfolio, you need to select and then click the option to Edit Image. On the right side there is an option Sharing And Client Access. Click that choice, it opens a window offering, among other things, a Direct Links Images. Click there, choose your size. Copy the URL shown, paste here either within the image tool or by using the HTML commands.

Here I selected Medium.

p2152825884-3.jpg

Note the difference in the URL generated compared to the first option higher on the screen in the screen capture below:

p2153333370-3.jpg

It is all magic. I know how to do it, but I've gone as deep into why you do it that way as I can get!

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

And that didn't work for the following reason:

In zenfolio, you need to select and then click the option to Edit Image. On the right side there is an option Sharing And Client Access. Click that choice, it opens a window offering, among other things, a Direct Links Images. Click there, choose your size. Copy the URL shown, paste here either within the image tool or by using the HTML commands.

Here I selected Medium.

p2152825884-3.jpg

Note the difference in the URL generated compared to the first option higher on the screen in the screen capture below:

p2153333370-3.jpg

It is all magic. I know how to do it, but I've gone as deep into why you do it that way as I can get!

http://bradkirkham.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v5/p2153323792-4.jpg