Our "Legend"ary Cruise Review with Lots of Pictures and Details

wrigley80

Hi Wrigley80, Brianna. I can't believe we rate post #4. Great pic of us, thanks for putting it in. I am looking forward to the rest of your review. I'm hoping to recapture some wonderful memories thru your review. That was probably our best cruise so far.

Go Bears, I guess (not a fan) but if that's your team- GO BEARS.

A member of our roll call wanted me to do a review of cruise on the Legend because they are thinking of booking the Legend. So I told her I would be happy to :D

I was gonna e-mail you today to see if it was OK that you're guys' picture in my review but I didn't think you would mind :)

That cruise on the Legend was definitely in our top 10 cruises with Carnival ;) :D we had a great time as well. Especially getting to know you and Lloyd.

And yes GO BEARS

A member of our roll call wanted me to do a review of cruise on the Legend because they are thinking of booking the Legend. So I told her I would be happy to :D

I was gonna e-mail you today to see if it was OK that you're guys' picture in my review but I didn't think you would mind :)

That cruise on the Legend was definitely in our top 10 cruises with Carnival ;) :D we had a great time as well. Especially getting to know you and Lloyd.

And yes GO BEARS

Of course I don't mind, actually I like it. That cruise ranks up there for us too. Tell Rick we said Hey fr KS. Keep it coming. You have seriously mastered this adding pictures thing. Good for you. I have still got so much to learn.

Edited by Banditswife

Our first full day onboard was spent as a day at sea....which are my favorite days. I would do a 7 day Cruise to Nowhere if Carnival offered it. I just love the relaxation of being onboard.

During our sea day we usually spend our time playing trivia and playing games.......and laying out on the Serenity Deck. I loved playing sports trivia. A lot of guys usually give me crap when I play sports trivia but I can hold my own

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011050.jpg

my dad is proudly displaying two ships on a stick and our bottle of champagne...we won all this playing sports trivia. The bottle of champagne was a really nice touch for elegant night later that evening :)

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011345.jpg

All the Carnival medals from throughout the week. My dad couldn't believe that I wore these to dinner. He walked into the dining room like 20 feet in front of me :p

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011015.jpg

Here is another good picture of the Serenity area. See now you can see how comfy those clamshell chairs would be :p

Of course I don't mind, actually I like it. That cruise ranks up there for us too. Tell Rick we said Hey fr KS. Keep it coming. You have seriously mastered this adding pictures thing. Good for you. I have still got so much to learn.

I use photobucket and it was pretty tough at first but now I think I got the hang of it. I will probably need a refresher course when I wanna get ready to make picture reviews of our back-to-back cruises in December.

I thought you would probably like it. I'm sure you were probably surprised when you were scrolling through the review and saw your picture :D :p

We need to cruise together again someday. How many more days do you guys have before you leave for your cruise on the Dream???

From the time that we left the hotel to arriving at the port took us approximately 10 minutes. It seemed a lot longer but I think that was because we were so excited

I had my camera ready to capture that first sight of the ship......and there she is

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011010.jpg

our home for the next 7 days.......the CARNIVAL LEGEND

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011011.jpg

We are getting closer. The shuttle dropped us off. The porters took our bags and off we went to check-in. We had to show our passports and cruise documents at the door. And then off we went to go through security. Security was a pain for us. My dad wears an insulin pump so when he went through x-ray machine...he beeped. We got pulled over to the side and he was given a pat down. Its like they had never seen an insulin pump before :o

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011021.jpg

well we are getting ready for sailaway. Sorry I didn't get any pics of our lunch on the first day. I think I was just too excited :D

I wonder if the Tampa port has super sensitive xray machines? I have gone out of Jacksonville and Miami and my insulin pump never sets off the xray machines there? It can be a pain to travel with a pump at times, I hate going to the airport as I always get pulled aside for a pat down due to the pump.

Thanks so much for your review!! We cruise out on October 14th & I'm so happy to hear you had a great time. I've read some recent awful reviews lately that have really made me anxious. It's my boyfriend's first cruise ever so whereas i'm nervous and excited to see it through his eyes, I should also be thankful that he has nothing to compare it to if it isn't "up to par". Do you recall when and where the sports trivia is?? Thanks & I look forward to reading more of your review tomorrow!

Great review so far! Am on the Legend (for the second time) on October 28th and eagerly scooping up any reviews prior to. A few not so good-bad ones lately, but tend to take them with a grain of salt - any day on a cruise is a good day. Sounds like you and your Dad had a great time! Glad to hear you could find chairs on the Serenity Deck - my favorite place on sea days (which I love too). Looking forward to more.

Edited by mamajules

I wonder if the Tampa port has super sensitive xray machines? I have gone out of Jacksonville and Miami and my insulin pump never sets off the xray machines there? It can be a pain to travel with a pump at times, I hate going to the airport as I always get pulled aside for a pat down due to the pump.

Well we have never cruised out of Port Canaveral and we go on a back-to-back in 2 months so we will see if it sets off any alarms down there :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your review!! We cruise out on October 14th & I'm so happy to hear you had a great time. I've read some recent awful reviews lately that have really made me anxious. It's my boyfriend's first cruise ever so whereas i'm nervous and excited to see it through his eyes, I should also be thankful that he has nothing to compare it to if it isn't "up to par". Do you recall when and where the sports trivia is?? Thanks & I look forward to reading more of your review tomorrow!

Yeah the sports trivia was always held in sports bar usually in the afternoon between 3:00-4:30. Just be sure to watch for it in the Fun Times

After our first night in MDR we were placed at a booth with another couple, who hardly said 2 words the entire evening. My dad and I are both the type of people who like to talk and meet new people so on our way out of the dining room that night we spoke with the Maitre D and we asked for a table change to 10 top. The next day in our cabin there was a note left on our bed that we had a table change. That was so nice that they were able to accommodate our request. The second night at dinner was formal night and I hate to dress up. My dad is even worse. We are both used to shorts and t-shirts. But we dressed and we look pretty good I believe

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011053.jpg

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011033.jpg

ok this is my buddy, Harnawan, from Indonesia. Here is the story with Harnawan. I was on the Carnival Victory in 2007 for my mom's 50th birthday and he was our beverage waiter in the dining room. The first night at dinner I passed him as we were coming in and I turned around and told my dad as we were walking in, "he looks so familiar. I know he was on another ship with us in the past." Later on that evening he was walking around in the MDR, I stopped him and asked him he was on the Victory in 2007. He paused for a few seconds and said "yes." I told him that I remembered him from that ship. Seconds past and he said, "Yes I remember you now Ms. Brianna." :eek: He remembered me and my dad by name and wanted to know where my mom was. That was amazing :)

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011057.jpg

Waiters dancing in the MDR after dinner. I love this part of the dinner :p

OK....our first port day was in Grand Cayman. Now we had been to Grand Cayman before but we knew exactly what we wanted to do.....swim with the stingrays. On our previous trip to Grand Cayman I booked our stingray encounter with Moby Dick Tours and we had an amazing time so we decided to book with them again. I had researched other places but I knew what I was getting with them. I had e-mailed a couple times to confirm our reservation prior to leaving on vacation. I am a huge planner when it comes to vacations so I had Moby Dick Tours booked 2 months in advance. They didn't require up front payment which is another thing that I liked about them. In their reservation e-mails to you they will provide info on where to find them in the dock area at Grand Cayman

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011086.jpg

this is me and Mark (the owner of Moby Dick tours). Very cool guy

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011074.jpg

before we went to see the Stingrays we stopped at a Snorkel site first. This was a nice spot to snorkel with lots of fish around

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011075.jpg

here I am. My dad doesn't like to snorkel because he ends up swallowing salt water all the time so he stayed in the boat and took the pictures

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011079.jpg

And there they are. I loved swimming with stingrays. Just the thought that you are swimming with a wild sea creature is awesome

We spent a full hour in the water with the Stingrays. I wish I had more pictures but I didn't have a good waterproof camera (that is on my to-buy list for my next 2 cruises in December). On the way back one of the deckhands jumped in the water dove down and got this for everyone to see

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011082.jpg

i had never seen a live starfish before....let alone hold one so that was really cool

Thanks for the review so far. DH and I will be on the Legend in January and your review is getting me so excited. Our roll call is beginning to grow and we have a private Meet & Greet scheduled in the bar and we also have a cabin crawl and slot pull scheduled. Can't wait to hear more.

Brianna, when did you sail on the Legend? I was on the September 16th sailing and LOVED IT.

So nice to hear you had a great time also. Did you try the Taste Bar near Satchmo's? Also, loved the layout in the buffet with the food stations scattered around so there was never a long line for anything.

Looking forward to your review, I'm still depressed about being back at work.

Rose

We are also on the Legend on Oct. 14 with two other couples. Can't hardly wait! Our 3rd cruise, our friend's 2nd and the brother and sister in law's 1st. ;)

We are also on the Legend on Oct. 14 with two other couples. Can't hardly wait! Our 3rd cruise, our friend's 2nd and the brother and sister in law's 1st. ;)

Awesome!! Where are you guys from & How old are y'all? My boyfriend is 28 and I'm almost 25. Have y'all chosen your excursions yet?? Hope you guys have an awesome cruise! I'm getting SO excited :)

Thanks for the review so far. DH and I will be on the Legend in January and your review is getting me so excited. Our roll call is beginning to grow and we have a private Meet & Greet scheduled in the bar and we also have a cabin crawl and slot pull scheduled. Can't wait to hear more.

Yeah we are doing a private meet and greet party for our cruise on the Ecstasy in December. We have never had one of those before so that will be exciting. I love meeting everyone different in the roll calls