Our "Legend"ary Cruise Review with Lots of Pictures and Details

wrigley80

Brianna, when did you sail on the Legend? I was on the September 16th sailing and LOVED IT.

So nice to hear you had a great time also. Did you try the Taste Bar near Satchmo's? Also, loved the layout in the buffet with the food stations scattered around so there was never a long line for anything.

Looking forward to your review, I'm still depressed about being back at work.

Rose

Yeah we loved the layout of the buffet too. It was very easy to navigate

Grand Cayman is enjoyable for 2 reasons......Stingray City and Margaritaville :D I just love the Margaritaville store in the Cayman Islands. The hard part for me isn't deciding which shirt I want it is deciding on how many shirts I want :p

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011087.jpg

We disembarked from the tender at the North Sound terminal...it is the town right across the street from Margaritaville. Very convenient. We went to Margaritaville when we first arrived because we knew it would get much busier later in the day. After we shopped around for a while we were in and out in about 30 minutes. And there were no lines to check out. That was a perfect time to go

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011095.jpg

This was the first time we were able to see the ship in all its Glory. God they are BIG :)

After we returned from our Stingray Encounter we had a few more hours before we had to be back onboard so we walked the streets for awhile and did some more shopping

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011067.jpg

This is the boat that is used for Pirates of the Caribbean excursion. I thought it was pretty cool

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011071.jpg

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011094.jpg

the day we were in Cayman Islands there were 6 ships :eek: in that day. The guide for our Stingray Encounter said that was the most that had been to Grand Cayman on one day for over 18 months. You would think that would be like a madhouse but it didn't seem too crowded. I couldn't even get all the ships in the same picture

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011062.jpg

I really like this picture of the Valor with the Sun shining on it. The Carnival Valor was the ship that got me hooked on cruising with Carnival

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011102.jpg

Another Carnival ship pulled alongside us in Grand Cayman....the Carnival Destiny

We didn't have to wait to long at all to get a tender boat ride back to the ship. Once we were back onboard we went back to the cabin and ordered some room service and sat out on our balcony for awhile before we have to get ready to go to dinner. We had late seating for dinner (not sure if I had mentioned that yet). It is always nice and relaxing to be able to come back to the cabin after a long day in port and sit out on the balcony and watch all the other ships

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011066.jpg

our tender boat ride back to the ship. Goodbye Grand Cayman.......until we meet again :)

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011038.jpg

this was back in the room waiting for us when we arrived. It was ordered for me by one of my students parents (who also cruise with Carnival quite often). I am a Special Education teacher and they ordered it for all the work I do individually with their son. That was such a surprise and so good. If you have never tried a Special occasion cake, you need to try one. This one was Strawberry filling and Vanilla icing. SO YUMMY!!!!!

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011346.jpg

For dinner that night I had the Grilled Chicken Fettucini in a mushroom sauce. It was very good and very warm. We never had any problems with out food coming out cold. I would get a picture of my dad's dinner but he had a Flat Iron Steak every night. He isn't much for trying different things. By about the 3rd night in the dining room our waiter, Wini, didn't even take my dad's order or give him a menu to look at because he knew it was always going to be the same :p his dessert was always the same too.....Fruit plate and a slice of the diet cake that was on the menu for that night.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011354.jpg

The fruit plate was very good with a very nice selection

I am loving your review!!!! Can't wait to read more......

In the meantime, I think someone mentioned that you have written one before. I am going to look for it right now!!!

Thanks for checking out my review and yes I did another review for our cruise earlier this year on the Fantasy....I will include a link to it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1622491

Was looking at cruises for January & February- Legend being one of them. I think your review was the clincher. Thanks so much!! Great review!!

Well thanks......I am glad that I could help you make a decision. The Legend is a great ship. It is very easy to navigate your way around. The Serenity deck on the Legend is wonderful. Be sure to check it out

After we returned from our Stingray Encounter we had a few more hours before we had to be back onboard so we walked the streets for awhile and did some more shopping

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011067.jpg

This is the boat that is used for Pirates of the Caribbean excursion. I thought it was pretty cool

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011071.jpg

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011094.jpg

the day we were in Cayman Islands there were 6 ships :eek: in that day. The guide for our Stingray Encounter said that was the most that had been to Grand Cayman on one day for over 18 months. You would think that would be like a madhouse but it didn't seem too crowded. I couldn't even get all the ships in the same picture

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011062.jpg

I really like this picture of the Valor with the Sun shining on it. The Carnival Valor was the ship that got me hooked on cruising with Carnival

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011102.jpg

Another Carnival ship pulled alongside us in Grand Cayman....the Carnival Destiny

Brianna -

Loving your review! Is there any way you can email me the the above picture of the Legend? My email is agrant@dpp.us.com.

We sail this Sunday and I want to have some banners, posters done for our doors and this picture is perfect for that!

Loving your review!

How was the tendering getting off the ship in Grand Cayman and Belize? We have private excursions for both places and I'm worried about getting off on time.

Brianna, another great review!! I wish the Legend visited the eastern Caribbean also because I would definitely love to do a back-to-back on her. I might just book it next year anyway for my Milestone cruise, loved the Legend.

Rose

Brianna -

Loving your review! Is there any way you can email me the the above picture of the Legend? My email is agrant@dpp.us.com.

We sail this Sunday and I want to have some banners, posters done for our doors and this picture is perfect for that!

Loving your review!

How was the tendering getting off the ship in Grand Cayman and Belize? We have private excursions for both places and I'm worried about getting off on time.

The tendering was a breeze in both ports. In Grand Cayman we got off as soon as we were allowed to. In Belize we waited about an hour before getting on a tender into town because we didn't have anything planned on this day. If you have time in Belize be sure to visit The Wet Lizard......it is a bar/restaurant right on the boardwalk area right by where you got off the Tender. I love the Wet Lizard :D

I will e-mail you the picture later on tonight. I am glad my review could help you out :)

Brianna, another great review!! I wish the Legend visited the eastern Caribbean also because I would definitely love to do a back-to-back on her. I might just book it next year anyway for my Milestone cruise, loved the Legend.

Rose

Thank You for reading my review. Yeah we loved the Legend too. It was very easy to navigate your way around

Ok who is ready to see some pictures of Cozumel. Cozumel is in my top 3 of favorite places to visit in the Caribbean. We always have a blast when we go there and we always find something new to do.

If you are looking for something that is new and exciting that not many people have tried.....you absolutely have to go to Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab Park and swim with MANATEES. That's right I said Manatees. I never even knew this was possible but when I started to do my research at home for what we wanted to do for excursions I stumbled upon this Manatee encounter at Dolphin Discovery. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!!!! It was $59.00 per person. My dad and I were the only ones who were doing the Manatee encounter for the day we were there so we were allowed to spend over 2 hours in the water with these gentle giants.....just playing with them, feeding them lettuce, rubbing their backs, rubbing their bellies, and giving them kisses. I wish I had bought the CD with all the pictures but it was $120.00 for the disc. The trainer that was with us said I could have brought my camera in but it wasn't waterproof. The next time we are going back to Cozumel is in December 2013 unless I decide to do another cruise in between our back-to-backs in December this year. I will most definitely be swimming with the Manatees again. Everyone wants to swim with the Dolphins and don't get me wrong that is fun too....having done it twice myself but swimming with Manatees is an unforgettable experience

In Belize, if you walk to the right when exiting the dock, you will find a little courtyard with stores...there is small store there selling cold water and soda AND bags of hot mini donuts...they were DELICIOUS!!

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011115.jpg

Another Margaritaville store.....got pulled into the Conga line here. Perfect opportunity for some free tequila

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011150.jpg

I was feeling pretty good here. Had to stop here at Fat Tuesday's to rest before I attempted to make that long pier walk back to ship. That pier is long when you're sober but when you're drunk it's like never-ending

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011146.jpg

My dad got the better balloon hat between the two of us.....I wore his to dinner that night :eek:

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011126.jpg

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011145.jpg

I got my Fat Tuesday beads.....can you guess what I had to do to get them???

Great review so far. Thinking of doing the Legend for spring break next year. What did you think of CD James Dunn? We got to know James when he was ACD on the Dream on two cruises and still keep in touch with him. Just interested to see what you thought of him! I think you just sold me on the Legend though and the hotel! Can't wait to read more!