Our "Legend"ary Cruise Review with Lots of Pictures and Details

wrigley80

Great review so far. Thinking of doing the Legend for spring break next year. What did you think of CD James Dunn? We got to know James when he was ACD on the Dream on two cruises and still keep in touch with him. Just interested to see what you thought of him! I think you just sold me on the Legend though and the hotel! Can't wait to read more!

We didn't have James Dunn as our CD. We had Wee Jimmy......he is the one who wears the kilt. He was really funny too

In Belize, if you walk to the right when exiting the dock, you will find a little courtyard with stores...there is small store there selling cold water and soda AND bags of hot mini donuts...they were DELICIOUS!!

Please tell me more about these hot mini donuts you speak of!

What store are they in???

Brianna If possible would you please email me your beautiful picture of the Legend (my email: sbowen2004@comcast.net) - I too would love to get a print of it to go on my door for our cruise on the 14th. Love your pictures and your wonderful sense of humor.

Edited by threeoldcruisers

We were on the Legend in August. I am enjoying reliving the Legend through your photos and commentary. Your photos are wonderful and it looks like you had a terrific time too! Looking forward to reading and seeing the rest of your review.

Great review and pictures! What kind of camera do you have? Where in Cozumel is Margaritaville? We are going on Legend in February! Can't wait. We are doingthe Cozumel Bar Hop:)

I have a Panasonic Lumix with 14 megapixels. It is a great camera. I love it. Small enough to fit in your pocket.

The Margaritaville in Cozumel is on the main street in between Puerta Maya pier and the Downtown pier. The Legend will dock at the Puerta Maya pier. Just jump in a taxi (it's too far to walk to) and as you are heading to town it will be on your left hard side

Brianna If possible would you please email me your beautiful picture of the Legend (my email: sbowen2004@comcast.net) - I too would love to get a print of it to go on my door for our cruise on the 14th. Love your pictures and your wonderful sense of humor.

I will send you out an e-mail tonight with the pictures of the Legend :)

We were on the Legend in August. I am enjoying reliving the Legend through your photos and commentary. Your photos are wonderful and it looks like you had a terrific time too! Looking forward to reading and seeing the rest of your review.

Thank-You. I remember reading your review a couple weeks ago. Looks like you guys had a great time as well

After we were done with our Manatee encounter, we jumped in a taxi and went back to the pier area because we wanted to do some shopping before we headed back to the ship.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011127.jpg

I really like this picture. Just look at the shape of the Carnival funnels on each ship. Can anyone tell me why the Legend's funnel is shaped the way it is??? :)

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011151.jpg

I love Ron Jon Surf Shop. There are 2 shops in Cozumel....this one here at Puerta Maya pier and another one downtown.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011147.jpg

I had my very own mariachi band at Fat Tuesday's. They thought that my dad and I were married. :eek: I kept showing them...no ring...no married. Their English wasn't the best and my Spanish was worse :p

After a few drinks at Fat Tuesday's it was time to head back to the ship because it was time to do my favorite activity in Cozumel......watching the pier runners :eek: It never fails that you will have a few people running down that long pier. Always have a balcony cabin if you're cruising to Cozumel for this reason alone......:D

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011159.jpg

And here they all come.....and what was their excuse for being late. The dolphin ate my watch :p

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011155.jpg

The ships look massive when you look at them like this :)

After being in the water with the manatees it was time to shower and get ready for dinner.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011166.jpg

Tonight I ordered Beef Stroganoff. It wasn't very good. I ate the noodles and that was about all. The sauce was very gritty...hard to explain but I wouldn't recommend ordering it.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011221.jpg

The warm chocolate melting cake made up for it.....so good

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011317.jpg

Tonight we stayed up quite late because we didn't have anything planned for Belize so we weren't in a real hurry to get off the ship in the morning. When went to the sports bar for a few drinks. Other than the Serenity Deck, the Sports Bar was my favorite place to be. Then we went to the show and the late night comedian.

After being in the water with the manatees it was time to shower and get ready for dinner.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011166.jpg

Tonight I ordered Beef Stroganoff. It wasn't very good. I ate the noodles and that was about all. The sauce was very gritty...hard to explain but I wouldn't recommend ordering it.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011221.jpg

The warm chocolate melting cake made up for it.....so good

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011317.jpg

Tonight we stayed up quite late because we didn't have anything planned for Belize so we weren't in a real hurry to get off the ship in the morning. When went to the sports bar for a few drinks. Other than the Serenity Deck, the Sports Bar was my favorite place to be. Then we went to the show and the late night comedian.

I remember back on the Liberty in 2009, our head waiter was a little detached, a man of few words. The night of the Beef Stroganoff, he said, "Please dont order that!" We took his word, forget what we ordered but had good food all that week, and my next cruise, I asked the waiter about it, and he said "just order anything else"! LOL. So, I guess I will never try it!:D

After we were done with our Manatee encounter, we jumped in a taxi and went back to the pier area because we wanted to do some shopping before we headed back to the ship.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011127.jpg

I really like this picture. Just look at the shape of the Carnival funnels on each ship. Can anyone tell me why the Legend's funnel is shaped the way it is??? :)

I have never been on the Legend, but I believe the funnel is shorter to fit under the bridge in Tampa.

Your pictures are fabulous! I'm so enjoying your review and your lovely attitude and sense of humor. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Your Dad is a trooper and you two look like you had a wonderful cruise. Can't wait for our cruise. :D

I have never been on the Legend, but I believe the funnel is shorter to fit under the bridge in Tampa.

That is what I understand too--the Legend's funnel was specially designed to fit under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Hey, I really love your review so far! It's been great reading and seeing all about the Legend, as we will be on it this December. It's my parents first cruise and my second. My dad's been reading all the reviews he can about the Legend=)

I remember back on the Liberty in 2009, our head waiter was a little detached, a man of few words. The night of the Beef Stroganoff, he said, "Please dont order that!" We took his word, forget what we ordered but had good food all that week, and my next cruise, I asked the waiter about it, and he said "just order anything else"! LOL. So, I guess I will never try it!:D

Yeah don't ever order it and if someone at your table...tell them not to. Not sure if it was the sauce, or the onions on top, or the beets. Still not sure why there were beets in the beef stroganoff. Definitely a lesson learned ;)