Our "Legend"ary Cruise Review with Lots of Pictures and Details

wrigley80

Littysmom.....I am getting so excited too! Bought a new suitcase today! No, we are flying into Tampa the day before. Our flight gets in at 12:50 and we are staying at the Tahitian Inn. I am sure everything will be fine for you, but I would be too nervous to fly in the same day...plus I feel like we get an extra vacation day! Planning on getting to the port by 10:30...want to be on board grabbing a bite on the Lido and exploring the ship ASAP! Hope we have a fantastic cruise.

Keep the review and pics coming...love them!!

Thanks for reading :D have a great time on your cruise. The Legend is an awesome ship. I always like to get to the port early as well

Thanks for the great info in Belize! We will visit in November on the Conquest. Many people seem to have a very negative view if Belize.

Question: how did you book the tour and how big was the group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Belize definitely wouldn't be one of my favorite places to visit but it is an eye opener. You really learn to appreciate what you have :)

Our tour in Belize was wonderful. We booked it when we got off the ship. As I said with my pictures we didn't have anything planned but we wanted a city tour to see what had changed. When you get off the tender you will walk through this duty free shopping area and then out into a courtyard area. Once you get to the end of the courtyard area there are people standing there with signs offering tours. Just look at each sign of what everyone is offering. Be sure to agree on a price before you leave. There were 6 of us on the tour.....my dad and I & two other couples

Dear Wigley 80... thank you so much for your reviews. My husband & I are taking his two grand children (they live with us) on their first cruise in Feb. A Christmas present... then of course everything else. lol

Do you have the fun times, map of the ship and pics.. this would so cool to wrap it up in a box. You can email me at cmendoza 5790@aol.com. If you mail them I will pay for postage and send you my address. This would be so greatly appreciated... Right now I haven't been on a cruise in 6 months and having severe cruise withdrawals...

Cathy

I'm sorry I don't have any maps or fun times from the ship. When I get home from the cruise I always make a scrapbook so all that stuff goes in my scrapbook. I could e-mail you some pictures from the ship....if that would help :) Sorry I don't have more

DH and I are celebrating his USN retirment and his 50th birthday on our 12/9/2012 Legend cruise. I have so enjoyed your review and can't wait to read more. Thank you!

Thanks for reading my review. You and your husband will have a great time on the cruise. It should be decorated for Christmas by the time you go

Ok so I was on the boards trying to find out how the early and late sitting work for shows. Then I got involved in reading your review and forgot the orgianal question.

I have read somewhere... If you are a late sitting you would go to the show first then dinner. If you are an early sitting in MDR you eat then go to the show. Is that true? Going to the show first feels backwards to me. I like the idea of not having to rush back and get ready for dinner but I also like the idea of dinner then the show. Lord, is this really all I have to be concerned about... I guess I'm blessed! Can you give me any feedback?

It depends on the show....If it is a production show involving the singers and dancers then there is an early show for people with late seating for dinner and then people with early seating dinner go to the show after dinner. I hope this helps to answer your question.

We always have late seating for dinner. The showtimes will always be posted in the Fun Times so be sure to check it out daily. I always carry the Fun Times with me with a highlighter to mark everything that we want to see and do throughout the day

Just can't get enough of your review. Brings back great memories of our Sept cruise on the Legend. Thanks for posting your very informative review!

Lu

Thanks for reading. I am happy that I could bring some cruise memories back to you

Well after our fun day in Belize we headed back to the ship to relax and sit out on the balcony before it was time to get ready for dinner.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011210.jpg

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011322.jpg

Tonight for dinner I had the jerk chicken. It was really good

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011169.jpg

And for dessert I had the coconut cake. It looks like my cake is smiling at me :p This is one of my favorite desserts in the dining room

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011219.jpg

This was our waiter, Wini, dancing in the dining room. He always threw on a costume. He was an amazing waiter.

DH and I are celebrating his USN retirment and his 50th birthday on our 12/9/2012 Legend cruise. I have so enjoyed your review and can't wait to read more. Thank you!

Congrats on the DH retirement. I am also a 22 year USN retiree:cool:

Our next port of call was in Roatan. Now we were really excited to visit Roatan because we had never visited here before. We booked a tour with Victor Bodden Tours about 2 months prior to us leaving for the cruise. I found them on Trip Advisor and they had excellent reviews. I e-mailed them explaining what we wanted to see on our tour. We were able to pick and choose what we wanted to see and do. It was just my dad and I on our tour and we had our guide for the entire day. We booked the Best of Roatan tour. It was $45.00 per person and worth every penny.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011314.jpg

View of the Cruise Port area in Roatan as we are pulling in to begin our day

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011227.jpg

We are ready to begin our day

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011287.jpg

This was Ronald, our tour guide with Victor Bodden tours. He was pretty shy but after a few minutes he really opened up with us. Now in order to meet the independent tour operators you walk out of the cruise terminal area and over this huge hill. You can choose to walk the hill or take a taxi ride to the top. I would highly recommend jumping in a taxi.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011291.jpg

The view of the Carnival Legend and Carnival Valor from the top of the hill....it seemed more like a mountain to me :p

I loved your review. I can't wait to hear the rest. I am so excited and counting the days for my cruise on the Legend Oct 21st. My first time flying the day of the cruise. Flight arrives in Tampa at 1:15pm

Wow! That is really cutting it too close for my comfort. If there is any delay at all, you may be in trouble:eek:

I'm sorry I don't have any maps or fun times from the ship. When I get home from the cruise I always make a scrapbook so all that stuff goes in my scrapbook. I could e-mail you some pictures from the ship....if that would help :) Sorry I don't have more

That would be awesome... they look so forward to your reviews and pics...

Ask if the food on the ship "really free?' lol

Thanks so much.. cmendoza 5790 @aol.com

How much was the taxi to the top of the hill? I have back problems and was worried about climbing the hill.

I can answer this too, $2. per person is right. I just wanted to add that the tour people can take you back closer to the ship after your tour. It is just getting to the tour people that is a huge hill. We did climb the hill- I was winded, but once we got into our tour van all was well.

Wow! That is really cutting it too close for my comfort. If there is any delay at all, you may be in trouble:eek:

Yes.. I was starting to get an uneasy feeling, so I called Southwest and changed our departure time, which will get us to Tampa at 10:15. I feel better with the extra cushion!!

By the way, Southwest gave me no problem, they even said the price was $40.00 less and credited it to a future flight.:)

How much was the taxi to the top of the hill? I have back problems and was worried about climbing the hill.

The taxi was $2.00 per person and it is worth every penny....especially if you have back, hip, or knee problems. I have had 2 knee surgeries and I knew that there was no way that I was going to even attempt walking up that hill

That would be awesome... they look so forward to your reviews and pics...

Ask if the food on the ship "really free?' lol

Thanks so much.. cmendoza 5790 @aol.com

I will e-mail you some pictures tomorrow :) I will look through all my pictures and find some good ones for ya

Edited by wrigley80

Brianna, I am hoping you post pics of "monkey business." I am looking forward to more of your perspective on this cruise. Great review.

Yeah I will get to the monkey pictures tomorrow. I have a lot of pictures from Roatan so I had to sort through them today :p Thanks again for reading my review from our cruise :)

Yes.. I was starting to get an uneasy feeling, so I called Southwest and changed our departure time, which will get us to Tampa at 10:15. I feel better with the extra cushion!!

By the way, Southwest gave me no problem, they even said the price was $40.00 less and credited it to a future flight.:)

WOW!!! That is so much better for you. Your previous flight would have cut it so close. You don't wanna be the person that is stuck standing at the cruise terminal waving at your ship as it sails without you :eek: I have seen that happen and the ship won't stop :rolleyes:

Brianna, I ordered the beef stroganoff also on my Legend cruise and it was inedible, the gravy was gritty, the meat was chewy and hard, really awful and, yes, what was up with those beets?? blech!

Someone asked about those donuts...the little store with the magic donut machine was located to the right on the dock where the tender drops you off...wish I had taken a photo of the storefront, they put them in a bag and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar, they melted in my mouth, hot and delicious. It was not in town, you do not have to leave the port area...it was right on the waterfront situated on a corner in a U-shaped courtyard that had a small bar in the middle with really good prices on beer and drinks. There was also a nice store in that area that had handmade ornaments, trinket boxes, etc., made from Belizean mahogany...inexpensive and beautiful pieces...picked up quite a few Christmas ornaments for my family.

Ok.....I am back now. Sorry that it has been a couple days.

Roatan was a beautiful place that was a lot like Belize. The next time we are in Roatan I would like to go to beach that is right by the cruise port area and ride the Magical Flying chairs. They looked like they would be a lot of fun

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011294.jpg

This is the Carnival Corporation cruise port area. Lots of nice shops....Pirana Joe, Jewelry stores, and Fat Tuesday's

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011247.jpg

After we met up with Ronald it was time to begin our tour. We told him that we wanted a tour of the island first and then we wanted to go to the monkey farm.

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011239.jpg

I thought this picture was interesting....the men that are standing along the right side of the road were waiting for work. Our guide explained to us that men and sometimes women will come here to this location daily and stand there and wait until someone comes along who is wanting work done

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011235.jpg

This was a bilingual school that is for children in grades 4-12

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011279.jpg

The street are very narrow. There were many places driving where we had to pull over and let others pass

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011238.jpg

I love this picture with the rain drops on the window

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011241.jpg

This was a grocery store. As we started to pull away from here I looked back and noticed this steer that was chained to the side of the building with about 5 guys around it with machetes. They were preparing to butcher the steer. I didn't think y'all needed to see the picture.

It was definitely something that I had never seen before but you quickly realize what people have to do in order to survive in countries like Honduras

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011281.jpg

Can someone please call ComEd??? :p

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011246.jpg