Last RCL cruise

sped01

I paid on time. There was a drop today of $250 on my cruise. Balconies were offered for $100 less then I paid and so I called to ask for an upgrade. I spoke to three different agents and the manager Nicole and was told I was out of luck. If I was not cruising with 4 different families I would cancel my reservation. This is my last RCL cruise.

I paid on time. There was a drop today of $250 on my cruise. Balconies were offered for $100 less then I paid and so I called to ask for an upgrade. I spoke to three different agents and the manager Nicole and was told I was out of luck. If I was not cruising with 4 different families I would cancel my reservation. This is my last RCL cruise.

You should call back and ask to speak to the Resolutions Department.

If you are willing to pay for the upgrade to a better room at the current sale price, there should be no problem with that. Provided they are understanding that you are not asking for a free upgrade or refund, you are simply cancelling your reservation and making a new one, but you need RC to waive the cancellation penalty. There have been many threads here about it and I have done it myself.

And I echo Caribsun, the "price drop the day after final payment" happens on all cruise lines.

Today is Tuesday. That means that the price drop you saw is most likely a special price for new bookings only. It happens every Tuesday (and Monday for C&A members).

Honestly my best advice is to not even look at prices on Tuesday because you're probably not going to like what you see (and can't get). :eek:

Once we saw a nice size price drop but since it was after the final payment date we didn't get it. While we were disappointed that we didn't get an OBC or a credit back to the credit card we used it we knew the rules ahead of time. We went on the cruise and still enjoyed ouselves.

Maybe you are one of the many people who are not meant for cruising. And I do mean this in the nicest of ways so please don't think I am being critical.

I always look for payment drops until final payment. After that I stop looking. Why torture yourself? You paid what you thought was a good price and were happy till you saw a Tuesday sale. Just stop looking and go and enjoy your (last) cruise. There's always going to be someone that gets a better deal than you -- and a worse deal than you. But don't let it ruin your vacation or make you begrudge it.

Her cruise is on the Tuesday special, resolutions will upgrade even for that sale?

They did for me. Even have a chat message from one of the reps saying it was possible. Again, since you have to cancel your previous reservation, you are technically a "new booking".

I mean, why wouldn't they allow you to upgrade? More money for them, right? Then they can resell your old room and the net money for RCL is the same, but they have a happier customer because they let you upgrade.

Look at it this way, if you waited until after the last payment to book the cruise, the cost of the airfare would probably be $300pp more. Or a lot more than that.

Oh, I would also suggest comparing the cost of being on a plane for 8 hours (4 each way) vs. X days on a ship. Oddly enough, they are remarkably close to each other. One you get all the food you want to eat, the other, you get a can of soda.

(on another note- am I the only one who finds it odd that people who are so mad at cruising come here and proclaim to the world that they are no longer doing it anymore? if it were me, I would just drop out of whatever scene I'm posting about, and not come back- no proclamation of whatever- but that's not just to the OP, but many threads that come up)

I did that was who nicole was. There are too many all inclusive resorts to bother with rcl and other cruise lines.

Who hoo, less cruisers means more price drops! Time to see what's poppin in the Orvillle Redenbacher lounge! ;)

Its your last? Great! More rooms for us.

(on another note- am I the only one who finds it odd that people who are so mad at cruising come here and proclaim to the world that they are no longer doing it anymore? if it were me, I would just drop out of whatever scene I'm posting about, and not come back- no proclamation of whatever- but that's not just to the OP, but many threads that come up)

But how would they get the attention they are craving if they just stopped posting??

I did that was who nicole was. There are too many all inclusive resorts to bother with rcl and other cruise lines.

and you think that an all inclusive is going to give you a price decrease or upgrade if the price goes down??

Book at what you are willing to pay, regardless of how and where you are traveling to. If something happens and you get a refund or upgrade count yourself lucky. Otherwise if you aren't happy with a price don't book the trip. Plain and simple

They did for me. Even have a chat message from one of the reps saying it was possible. Again, since you have to cancel your previous reservation, you are technically a "new booking".

I mean, why wouldn't they allow you to upgrade? More money for them, right? Then they can resell your old room and the net money for RCL is the same, but they have a happier customer because they let you upgrade.

The OP is after final payment so if they cancel their reservation they will lose their deposit and more depending on how close they are to sailing.

In the past, you were not able to get the lower price on a Tuesday sale. Recently, there were a few TA cruises that had ridiculously low prices on Tuesday sales and some people were denied upgrades, others fought it out and eventually got upgrades.

It seems to depend on who answers the phone and if they woke up on the right side of the world that morning.

If the Tueday Special price stays past Tuesday there is more of a chance to get an upgrade.

Three months ago I bought steak at the supermarket for $17.99/lb. Today it is on sale for $12.99/lb so I demanded a refund of the difference but the manager told me to get lost. I will never shop there again!!!

Just my way of breaking down the whole "I didn't get my way so I'm never cruising again" rant. Like so many have said on here, you booked at a price you could live with when you booked it, either enjoy the cruise or don't.

I can appreciate the OP's frustration. BUT,the simple fact is that rules are rules, and we know what they are when we book a cruise. I'm a firm believer that when you book a cruise, you should be really OK with what you're paying, whatever OBC you may or may not be getting, and be happy with your cabin selection. The chances of a price drop, or a visit from the upgrade fairy, more than likely won't happen. So be content with your booking at the outset, and then there will be no reason for disappointment or frustration down the road. OK, I'll get down off of my soapbox now....;):)

Archived