Webshots closing

Dotsie

I was not notified of the change and I'm a platinum member. I was able to download my photos as zip files but they are pretty useless... image size and resolution are all wrong and albums are not completely intact. Luckily, my photos are backed-up.

Did someone mention being able to download directly from Webshots? If it worked for you, please tell me how.

From all the posts I've read guess PhotoBucket or SmugMug are my choices.

Sandy

Does anyone have information about all photos being removed from Webshots by December 1st?

I use them for all my cruise pictures and I hope I find an alternative photo sharing website soon.

Thanks,

Dotsie

I just recently moved all my pics from WEBSHOTS to FLICKR and requested a prorata refund from WEBSHOTS. Its just taking forever to post all the pics (over2300) as they have to be loaded singularly and none of the sets are in order. I'm very pleased, however, with FLICKR as its very easy to move within the website and the price is right ($25 a year for unlimited everything).

I was not notified of the change and I'm a platinum member. I was able to download my photos as zip files but they are pretty useless... image size and resolution are all wrong and albums are not completely intact. Luckily, my photos are backed-up.

Did someone mention being able to download directly from Webshots? If it worked for you, please tell me how.

From all the posts I've read guess PhotoBucket or SmugMug are my choices.

Sandy

I gave up on my downloads once I read that the pictures were all jumbled together instead of in albums like I had them.:mad: Since I have everything backed up on my computer and externally waiting for the downloads didn't seem like a good use of my time.

I joined SmugMug and so far I am very happy with it. It's easy to use, and I've even purchased a couple products that I am very pleased with.

I've been trying to remove the Webshots desktop from my computer with no luck.:( Does anybody know how to do this?

i've just started using Dropbox. it's free for the first 2 gig's of space, then you have to upgrade.

you can see your photos on any computer (once you log in), on your phone, etc. if you update in one place it updates in all.

i haven't tried sharing photos on cc, but i can share albums with friends/family and they can download copies if they want.

it seems to work pretty well so far...

I've been trying to remove the Webshots desktop from my computer with no luck.:( Does anybody know how to do this?

I would love to have this info too. I have deleted it from my 'Uninstalled Program' but the darn thing still tries to load whenever I turn my computer on. It is driving me crazy!

I would love to have this info too. I have deleted it from my 'Uninstalled Program' but the darn thing still tries to load whenever I turn my computer on. It is driving me crazy!

It is trying to take over. My computer has been having all sorts of problems since it started to load. It is slow and numerous error messages. I am sure that Smile is to blame.:mad:

I received the notice to update (maybe it was an automatic update) to the new Smile Desktop. It seemed to take forever, but my laptop is old and slow anyway (Windows Vista!).

This is the first I've read that I'd have to pay for Webshots! Fortunately, I upload all my photos first to either my laptop or the desktop (and backup to the external hard drive), then just put the pics I want to in a Webshots album. I generally burn a CD of all important photos by event, too (cruises, other vacations, MIL's 90th birthday party, etc.). I then use the Webshots album to share on Facebook.

I think from now on I'll try photobucket or smugmug.

Good thing I decided to mosey on over to this discussion!

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm really late to this particular party! I just realized webshots was gone today! I was also a premium member...

I only figured it out when I clicked on one of my own cruise reviews, and there were no pictures, just the words "Temporarily Unavailable." Sounds like it should say "Permanently Unavailable" instead.

Annoyed, irked, and in disbelief that the hours I spent uploading photos just to write reviews on this site are completely wasted.

I only used webshots because when I first started on here it seemed that most people recommended that site. While it took forever to upload the photos to the site, they were well organized there, and it was easy to use them in my reviews.

Fortunately, I only used webshots as a vehicle for this site, not as my storage solution, so I have not lost any of them. But, they are completely unorganized in Smile, which is a joke of a website! I am deleting my photos from there, and even that is agonizingly slow. You have to click on each photo individually! There is no mass select. Unreal.

Now my reviews are a joke: no photos. As far as I can tell, there is no way to edit my original messages, so I cannot go back and re-do the photos.

I am so irked! Is there any way to edit old messages?

I tried Smile, but found it worthless, too. So I opened a free Photobucket account. Seems a few people use that, too. I'm just glad that I make a CD of that particular cruise photos, and also back them up to an external hard drive.

I am so irked! Is there any way to edit old messages?

Unfortunately, No. I added a link to my SmugMug albums at the end of the one review I wrote. It was really long and photo intensive. I may copy it and do a blog, adding in my photos that way, then have a link to my blog instead. I'm just not sure how to do it.

Unfortunately, No. I added a link to my SmugMug albums at the end of the one review I wrote. It was really long and photo intensive. I may copy it and do a blog, adding in my photos that way, then have a link to my blog instead. I'm just not sure how to do it.

I sent an email asking them to open up the old posts to make them editable. I love reviews, and it is super bothersome to me to see mine the way they look now!

Archived