Webshots closing

Dotsie

I am completely confused on what to do here. I clicked on the link to download my photos and only about 600 transferred and I have over 6,600 on Webshots! I have many already stored on my computer as I always upload first to My Pictures through Picasa, then transfer them to Webshots once I have them fixed. However, I still have over 2,000 pictures that are not on my computer that I would like to transfer back to my computer so I can upload them to another photo hosting site, but I can't figure out how to do that. There used to be a way to upload my older photos from Webshots back to my computer, but now I can't find it. Can anyone help me?

Also, I want to cancel my Premium Membership, but can't figure out how to do that. :confused:

Also, I want to cancel my Premium Membership, but can't figure out how to do that. :confused:

Join the club...apparently nobody can find out how to cancel their membership.:mad: When they try, they get taken to the Webshots blog.

What I would like to know is what their plans are for refunding subscription money. Since they're not providing the service I contracted for, it seems to me that I'm due some money!

Join the club...apparently nobody can find out how to cancel their membership.:mad: When they try, they get taken to the Webshots blog.

What I would like to know is what their plans are for refunding subscription money. Since they're not providing the service I contracted for, it seems to me that I'm due some money!

The blog says we can cancel our membership and it will be pro-rated, but they don't provide a way to do it! I don't want to be automatically charged for Smile. That is my big concern there.

I am completely confused on what to do here. I clicked on the link to download my photos and only about 600 transferred and I have over 6,600 on Webshots! I have many already stored on my computer as I always upload first to My Pictures through Picasa, then transfer them to Webshots once I have them fixed. However, I still have over 2,000 pictures that are not on my computer that I would like to transfer back to my computer so I can upload them to another photo hosting site, but I can't figure out how to do that. There used to be a way to upload my older photos from Webshots back to my computer, but now I can't find it. Can anyone help me?

Can't help you much with the first question. However did you click all the download links? I had 5 links to click in order to get all of my photos.

I tried to cancel my Premium membership also, but every time I click the cancel link, it takes me to their stud blog page. I clicked the help menu and according to them, there will be no charges during this conversion, and if you do nothing, your account will automatically be canceled on Dec 1.

I hope that's true, but don't have much faith. I still can't log in to Smile. It doesn't recognize my user name and password.

Can't help you much with the first question. However did you click all the download links? I had 5 links to click in order to get all of my photos.

No. I wasn't sure what was happening, so I stopped. It looked as if my photos were downloading into Smile and in no kind of order. I don't want a Smile account. I really only want my older pictures that aren't on my computer. As we do have them backed up on discs I guess I really don't need to do that. However, they are raw and I really didn't want to go through all the "fixing". I also like to have an outside source to store my photos in case I were to lose them here due to a fire or other catastrophe.

Well, I finally got all mine downloaded yesterday, and the unzipping was rather painless once I figured it out. Problem is, they are no longer labeled. That's going to be a pain because there are several photos from Europe of churches, piazzas, etc, that I am going to have to look up to re-label.

Gina, I had the same problem when they were zipped. Once I extracted them, they were much easier viewed.

Mine seem to be unzipped but the thumbnails just don't show. I have to click each picture to see what it is. And for over 4000 pictures it's too much trouble.

Gina

Well, I finally got all mine downloaded yesterday, and the unzipping was rather painless once I figured it out. Problem is, they are no longer labeled. That's going to be a pain because there are several photos from Europe of churches, piazzas, etc, that I am going to have to look up to re-label.

Gina, I had the same problem when they were zipped. Once I extracted them, they were much easier viewed.

Mine seem to be unzipped but the thumbnails just don't show. I have to click each picture to see what it is. And for over 4000 pictures it's too much trouble.

Gina

I started to do the download. I got the e-mail that had the link that didn't work :(, and checked back here to find out what to do! I did find the links, but after waiting 45 minutes and not having a single picture download, I changed my strategy. I checked my computer, and everything that was on Webshots is on my computer and backed-up on an external drive.

I decided to forget about the download and instead I spent the last hour or so deleting all my photos and albums from Webshots...long-time paying Webshots customers have been treated so poorly that I really want nothing to do with this new venture. I would feel the same way even if the new site had the capabilities I'm looking for.

Question -- One of the main things I used Webshots for was hosting so I could post large pictures on here and other message boards. I know that my photo reviews will be forever filled with X X X now :mad:, but what is another good site that makes it easy to resize pictures for posting on forums?

I have used both Shutterfly and Snapfish for creating albums, but I don't think those have the hosting capability for forums, or do they?

I'm trying to figure out how to do it from Shutterfly. I found the link, but I'm having trouble copying it over. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

I couldn't find the link on Shutterfly. I did a right-click/copy/paste on a random picture, and it posts like this:

ry%3D400

[sigh] Got the e-mail with a link to download my photos; when you click on it, it says "link not valid." The vast majority of my photos are on my hard drive (not to mention the hard drive is backed up on Carbonite), but there are photos from our 2006 cruise on Carnival Legend that seem to have disappeared from my hard drive at some point. Hopefully I'll be able to get them off Webshots before they disappear for good.:(

I couldn't find the link on Shutterfly. I did a right-click/copy/paste on a random picture, and it posts like this:

ry%3D400

Shutterfly and Photobucket are similar.

Size your picture there, right mouse click on it, copy.

Come here, reply to a post, put your mouse pointer where you want the picture, and simpley paste.

Hello all, I'm so glad I found this post. So far, two of my albums have diappeared and I want to download the remaining ones onto my computer. I hate to lose all thise images because many of them are stored on my old laptop which currently isn't working

I do not want a Smile account, nor do I want to give them permission to use my pictures.

I just started the process of getting my pictures back.

Thanks,

Susan

I'm trying to post a random shutterfly picture with a simple copy and paste and it's not working. I didn't notice the option to size the picture. Any suggestions?

Dotsie

Did you bring up a single picture at SF?

Then, put mouse pointer on it, right click, and copy.

Come here and RESPOND to a post.

Then put your mouse pointer where you want the picture, and paste.

ry%3D400

Did you bring up a single picture at SF?

Then, put mouse pointer on it, right click, and copy.

Come here and RESPOND to a post.

Then put your mouse pointer where you want the picture, and paste.

Thanks. I did all that and I can copy the image but the paste option in not highlighted when I want to paste it in the body of this reply. I can paste the picture to a blank email but not here on cruise critic.

Dotsie

I tried Flickr and was confused by it. I don't understand "Sets" vs albums. It looks like it all went into a Photo stream and I have to manually move them into sets? If so, that is not for me. I have too many to transfer over. I will have a paid membership no matter what one I choose due to the number of pictures I have. I am liking SmugMug so far, so I will probably stay with it. Has anyone here done SmugMug? Any problems?

Thanks. I did all that and I can copy the image but the paste option in not highlighted when I want to paste it in the body of this reply. I can paste the picture to a blank email but not here on cruise critic.

Dotsie

After you copy it, and come here, and reply to a post (like this one), to paste it to your response, try holding down the CTRL button, while holding it down, hit the letter V.

CTRL V is the keyboard way to do a paste.

Question -- One of the main things I used Webshots for was hosting so I could post large pictures on here and other message boards. I know that my photo reviews will be forever filled with X X X now :mad:, but what is another good site that makes it easy to resize pictures for posting on forums?

I have used both Shutterfly and Snapfish for creating albums, but I don't think those have the hosting capability for forums, or do they?

Cindy, no red XXs in your reviews, just empty spaces where the photos once were! I had found one of your ice show pictures from your Mariner of the Seas cruise in March via Google - while the image is still showing up in Google (as of now), it's no longer in your review, and now I understand why, since you just eliminated your photos from Webshots yesterday (sob! I missed them! I was on the Mariner in January 2012).

I've used Shutterfly, Snapfish, Photobucket, and Flickr (and probably some others), but I don't think I've tried to use them as host sites for forums. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if a photo posted on Facebook would work - here is one from said January cruise. So, Facebook might be another option, if you are already a Facebook user - although perhaps someone else has already discovered that and/or problems in using Facebook.

419433_10151060379951854_1013234594_n.jpg

Archived