Royal Princess Aft & Caribe-like Balconies - Photo

5:00_Somewhere

It's corrected on the Princess website. My D4 balcony room on Baja is gone, gone, gone. :( I also wasn't notified and was only prompted to check "My Princess" by reading CC.

Our original cabin was E726. It is now E728, but still showing as E726 on the Princess website.

Edited by emairs

We were also affected by the cabin change but that's what we get for booking on a ship that isn't completed yet. We booked knowing that the ship wasn't built yet. They might make changes to it.

We book knowing that we are going to be one the first people on a brand new ship and we did it over a year in advance.

Sing it with me: "you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have..."

Our original cabin was E726. It is now E728, but still showing as E726 on the Princess website.

You're right! :o It looks as if there are still 6 D4 aft balconies on Emerald and Dolphin decks on the Princess website. Marina, Riviera, Aloha, Baja, and Caribe have been changed to 4. Very strange! I wonder if that's permanent.

We booked a standard balcony cabin for our B2B last May on the port side/aft on the Baja Deck. This was for the Maiden Caribbean cruise (5 day) and the Eastern Caribbean cruise (7 day). This past October we sailed on the Island in a standard balcony and when we got home I contacted our TA and asked if we could move up to a deluxe balcony. We were move down to the Emerald deck which was ok but I do like being around the Baja or Aloha level. I may not have noticed it before but now that the new deck plans are out our cabin location says "partially obstructed view". If I knew that back in October I wouldn't have asked to be moved. 12 days with an obstructed view might be a bit of a downer. But we are looking forward to exploring the ship.

You're right! :o It looks as if there are still 6 D4 aft balconies on Emerald and Dolphin decks on the Princess website. Marina, Riviera, Aloha, Baja, and Caribe have been changed to 4. Very strange! I wonder if that's permanent.

Ok, now I'm really confused!

Since our cabin is now E728, something must have happened to the D4 E728. I wonder why that is not reflected on the deck plan.

...Emerald deck...I may not have noticed it before but now that the new deck plans are out our cabin location says "partially obstructed view". If I knew that back in October I wouldn't have asked to be moved. 12 days with an obstructed view might be a bit of a downer. But we are looking forward to exploring the ship.

This 'obstruction' is most likely going to either be in the form of a life boat davit sticking up, or looking across the roof of the lifeboat while sitting in a chair. It does not appear that the lifeboat itself will come above the level of the handrail of your balcony.

8369089525_07c195b88c_o.jpg

Since our cabin is now E728, something must have happened to the D4 E728. I wonder why that is not reflected on the deck plan.

I also do not see the regular deck plans reflecting the changes yet.

To see what the new configuration looks like, go through the process of starting to make a booking on the Princess web site. Ask to see what is available in your category on your deck. The schematic it brings up will be the new deck plan.

Shogun, I have to agree with many of the others.....I spend quite a bit of time picking our cabin and also request that I not be moved. I'm very picky about what is above/below me/around our cabin, because of noise etc. It also is nice to know the type of balcony that we prefer....(covered/uncovered/location on the ship). It would also be a concern also if you have other family/friends etc on the ship that were near your cabin. I can't speak for the others but those are the many reason why I pick the cabin I prefer. I would be like Pam....if my cabin were changes.

For all of the research that all of us do on C/C it really makes a difference to many of us the wonderful feedback that we all get from many of you. I appreciate all of the reviews/comments that I've received from everyone.

Shogun that was very gracious of you to help composer.

Somewhere thanks so much for getting back to us.

The numbering for Emerald deck aft cabins is now like this (at least for the moment) :):

farthest aft port side deluxe balcony is E726

owner's suite port corner is E728

D4s are E730, 732, 733, and 731

owner's suite starboard corner is E729

farthest aft starboard side deluxe balcony is E 727

Hope this helps!

I also do not see the regular deck plans reflecting the changes yet.

To see what the new configuration looks like, go through the process of starting to make a booking on the Princess web site. Ask to see what is available in your category on your deck. The schematic it brings up will be the new deck plan.

The deck plans do show the changes now. I made copies of the deck layouts last September and they are different from the current deck layouts for the Royal now. I just went to the Princess website. Under "Learn About Princess" I selected "Cruise Ships". I then selected Royal and then deck plans.

Edited by nasa1974

The deck plans do show the changes now. I made copies of the deck layouts last September and they are different from the current deck layouts for the Royal now. I just went to the Princess website. Under "Learn About Princess" I selected "Cruise Ships". I then selected Royal and then deck plans.

That's true, except for Emerald and Dolphin. They must be working down, because the upper decks do show the changes.

That's true, except for Emerald and Dolphin. They must be working down, because the upper decks do show the changes.

You are correct. I just checked all the decks against my older deck layouts. I did notice that the Dolphin and Emerald decks are not showing the changes yet.

My mistake sorry.

You are correct. I just checked all the decks against my older deck layouts. I did notice that the Dolphin and Emerald decks are not showing the changes yet.

My mistake sorry.

You're not alone--scroll back and you can see I made the same mistake yesterday. :) I was originally on Baja, so I hadn't looked at the decks below.

Why is there a big space between the 2 middle cabins?

That's were they keep all the bad children that press all the elevator buttons or make snide comments about being Platinum while in the adult only jacuzzi! ;) (just kidding)

When I cruised Ruby Princess last month my cabin was right next to one of those large fire doors that divides a ship into 'zones'. I'm guessing, since there is indication of some type of door there, that it is some kind of void where the door recesses into and/or its closing mechanisms are for that door.

To Dave and the other well respected CC OP's is it pretty clear that with the exception of the suites and aft facing cabins that all the balconys will be the same size? Nothing like a Caribe deck balcony on the Royal?

PS Dave its time to join the rollcall since now you are a Cruisecritic celebrity. roflmao :D

... is it pretty clear that with the exception of the suites and aft facing cabins that all the balconys will be the same size? Nothing like a Caribe deck balcony on the Royal?

Without a decent ovehead view it's hard to tell, but by looking at the pictures I would venture to say for the stern cabins, yes.

8407514985_5463cdf98b.jpg

Without a decent ovehead view it's hard to tell, but by looking at the pictures I would venture to say for the stern cabins, yes.

8407514985_5463cdf98b.jpg

Brian, where are you? IECalCruiser has studied the aft balconies in depth. And BTW, Hi, Harrison County. I'm from Marion County (a LONG time ago). :)

Cracking me up lol (working on getting the Recks from the Ruby to join us too )

I'm sure they'll all fall in line. No SkyWalkers though to have a nice quite get together. That was nice. May need to reserve a venue? I guess we'll get into more detail over on the Roll Call when we get closer? ;)