Oasis Hair Dryers

roebud

Hey all you ladies who have used the ships hair dryers......Are they strong enough to dry longer or thicker hair? Or should I bring my own.

I would say that they are fine; others will tell you that they are not.

But when it comes to a woman and her hair, I would say, always err on the side of caution, and take your own.

:)

I take my own; I don't like having to hold the button down.

Leave yours @ home and put a piece of duct tape over the button to hold it down :)

That said I have below shoulder, pretty thick hair (have to really ~stretch~ to the point it might snap the hair elastic to go around a ponytail the 3rd time) and I use the ship dryer no problem. It's not my salon quality from home but it does the job and it keeps the suitcase a pound or so lighter!

My only problem with the on-board hair dryers is that the only way to use them is to have the button continuously pressed down.

Wish they would think about people with problems with their hands. I'm not very old, but have enough of a problem just trying to hold on to a blow dryer in the first place due to a medical condition . . . makes it very difficult to use for me or, I would guess, anyone with simple arthritis issues as well.

But, I digress, otherwise the blow dryers in your stateroom should be fine, although they're not like some of the professional blow dryers on the market.

Leave yours @ home and put a piece of duct tape over the button to hold it down :)

Actually, I never thought of that and might give it a try. I mean really, I understand fire hazards and all (clothing irons, etc.), but do they think that people leave their blow dryers going and then leave the stateroom?

My only problem with the on-board hair dryers is that the only way to use them is to have the button continuously pressed down.

I don't remember having to hold the button down on the hair dryer on the Oasis. I do remember being surprised that it was in the drawer under the tv and that it was full sized.

I take my own; I don't like having to hold the button down.

We put a rubber hair tie over the on button and remove it when we are done drying our hair.

We find them all over our house, probably picked up over a thousand by now. Thanks to the DD!

Any rubber band will do though.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

I'd do that. :) Seriously, using a hair dryer that thousands of others have used before just sort of bugs me. I don't know, one of my quirks, I guess. :D:p

Actually, your issue should be with the chair that you're sitting on while using the blow dryer. Think about that. ;-)

That said I have below shoulder, pretty thick hair (have to really ~stretch~ to the point it might snap the hair elastic to go around a ponytail the 3rd time) and I use the ship dryer no problem. It's not my salon quality from home but it does the job and it keeps the suitcase a pound or so lighter!

hmmm bring a roll of duct tape or a blow dryer. i guess a roll of duct tape is a bit lighter but you run the risk of gumming up the ships dryer. I don't know this is a tough one. Then again holding the button down would save you the added weight of the duct tape or the blow dryer. Wow decisions they'll keep you all night. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this one.

Archived