The hardest part of planning a cruise. . .

bingomamma19

I like the planning! The only thing I don't really enjoy is the air planning as someone stated above... prices, layovers, overall trip time....

And it's about the only part of the trip that you can't switch if prices come down once you've booked it. Unless it's after final payment of course :)

I enjoy the planning almost as much as the cruise itself. The planning lets me dream about the cruise--even planning the flights starts me thinking of embarking. Filling out visa requests isn't much fun, but I don't hate it.

About the only thing I hate is getting off the ship :eek:! So by extension, planning the disembarkation and return travel is the worst part of the planning.

Our difficulty is with the itinerary- OH wants to swim and snorkel; I want scenery, history and not too much heat! He loved the Caribbean- I'm not a fan- I prefer something which goes round Norway or Northern Spain.

Our best choice for both was a winter cruise round the Red Sea....he could swim each day, and I could see Egypt and Jordan.

Now, where next to satisfy both? It will be his turn to choose.....:confused:

Greece!

Mine is trying to get everything I want to take into one suitcase and have it weigh less than 50 pounds for a two week adventure. I enjoy the game of finding hotels, flights, and cruises for the money we have to spend, but trying to get it all into just one case. . .ugh! :eek:

Our hardest part is finding a time to cruise that fits into everyones work, dance, high school and college schedules. I'm really struggling to find a time that will work for everyone...ended up giving up for this year and now am trying to figure something out for next year.

I thought that matching up schedules was tough when we had one in high school, two in grade school and both my DH and I were working full-time. Wrong! :eek: It is more difficult now that DH is the only one working FT (more demanding job than previously), we have one child in college (she has her own busy social life, seven hours away), one in middle school (more extracurriculars than before) and one in grade school.

I am already beginning the process of looking at 2014 cruise options, because there is no way we can get it all coordinated for 2013, when we just managed to make it work for a July 2012 cruise.

Greece!

Cheers! :D:cool:

Actually, Greece can be as hot- or hotter- than the Caribbean- I burnt last year just on a short ferry trip.

I do love Greece, though, and look up cheap end of season land holidays in October, to somewhere like Santorini ( the cheap side!), and find that the budget Louis Cruise are excellent for lots of different ports. We've always meant to go island hopping, too, starting at Piraeus.....perhaps next year.....:)

Mine is trying to get everything I want to take into one suitcase and have it weigh less than 50 pounds for a two week adventure. I enjoy the game of finding hotels, flights, and cruises for the money we have to spend, but trying to get it all into just one case. . .ugh! :eek:

I am packing tonight for Asian adventure. I have 2 day flight, 12 day land in Beijing and Xian and Bangkok, then 16 day cruise on Diamond Princess. I need clothes for hot, clothes for cold, formal (ish) clothes and touring clothes and clothes to ride an elephant. I need coats, Halloween party clothes, and shoes to go with everything. I need my whole closet of lotions and potions and shine for nails/hair/ and skin. TP and hand santisers and even a little light that sterilizes the water. I am 42.4 pounds of the allowed 44 pounds and I have that feeling that last minute things being shoved in are not over.

I HATE TO PACK BUT KNOW THAT LUGGING TOO MUCH IS WORSE THAN MISERY. :eek: CAN I JUST GO NOW!!!

By the way an Asian cruise is the most difficult planning I have done. Hard to get information on flights and the flights and prices keep changing. ChinEnglish makes for some interesting plans and crowds at the top spots will be hard for me. At least I learned early enough about the Golden Week to make my plans for a week later. Wish me luck. Tomorrow I have to get an absentee ballot (Hubby got his mine went to someone else's house.), get a RX that is messed up, go out to lunch and mow the yard OHHH and finish packing!:(:(

Archived