someone told the brand ambassador the entree portions were too large?

H82seaUgo

are they kidding?

since at least the mid 90's, i've been ordering two entrees every night since they started cutting the portions. Aand then they even cut the amount of courses.

my complaint is there is more plate these days than food! so they fill it up with those silly decorations and swirls.

he's even asked for feedback on his facebook page.

They are too big to me. My whole family would eat that much meat in one dinner as they serve to one person.

I never finish my entree, so its a big waste of food to me.

I do want two lobsters though, but I dont eat anything else on the plate generally to eat that much.

I just sat with a lady on Magic last week who ordered almost everything on the menu. Some things like the pumpkin dish, she took a bite or two of and thats it..

if people want to try multiple entrees, I think its smarter to cut down the size and let people order two if they want.

She would order 4 appetizers, and 3 entrees almost every night.. was a long meal .. everyone else at my table asked to be moved.

Oh and 3 desserts to sample was normal.

Some people want to try everything if they have not cruised in a while.

A couple of the dishes can be quite large. The lamb shank and the St. Louis ribs, for example, is a lot of meat and usually leaves me stuffed.

A couple other dishes, such as the lobster on elegant night, is a little on the small side, and I am forced to order seconds.

It varies a lot with the entree. For example, the prime rib serving last week on Liberty was HUGE....and yet the filet mignon/short rib portion was small. There were a few other entrees that we joked about as being really small, too.

The bean counter is already calculating the cost savings of serving a 3 ounce flat iron.

Many reviews have criticisms about service slowness and items ordered not being delivered period. I'm not sure the concept of reordering if you want more really works with the current number of tables each team has to cover.

Sometimes portions might seem large depend on how much you are eating that day, also some people general eat smaller portions.

When we cruised, I know I did not finished everything. I don't think I had dessert one or two days, because I just could not eat anymore.

Not sure if this would make them change the sizes, I believe I have read most people don't think they are large enough.

Plenty large enough for me! I can put down quite a bit of food, and I was stuffed to the brim most nights after dinner. The nights I had smaller entrees, like lobster tail, I still left the MDR full, just not sickeningly so!

are they kidding?

since at least the mid 90's, i've been ordering two entrees every night since they started cutting the portions. Aand then they even cut the amount of courses.

my complaint is there is more plate these days than food! so they fill it up with those silly decorations and swirls.

I normally only eat 1/2 of my entree. If I ate more then I wouldn't be able to eat 1/2 of my desert:D.

are they kidding?

If your still hungry after eating in the MDR, just go up to the LIDO and get more from the buffet.

If you travel outside of the US you will find that meal portions are quite a bit smaller than at home and that the meal times last longer. If you eat slower and enjoy your food plus take a bit of time in between the courses you will find it does not take near as much food to fill you. In the US we have become very accustom to SUPER SIZE and wolfing the food down and this is part of what promps the complaints about amount of food and dinner took to long.

OP the silly swirls are not to fill the plate up it is for presentation purposes

Portions are plenty large for me. Sometimes, too much so. If it's one of my faves, I order 2. No problem there. So many courses and I am stuffed. If anyone is still hungry they can cruise through the Lido for a snack or dessert. I think keeping portions larger just makes waste.

As a type 2 diabetic, who changed her lifestyle this past Feb. 1 & lost 40 pounds so far, I found the portions to be prefect especially the starchy side dishes. I do wish the veggies came in a larger portion though.

My first cruise was back in March, on the Pride and I was very careful with my new lifestyle even though it was hard. I worked out. I took yoga. I didn't make a pig out of myself and I came home 4 pounds lighter yet enjoyed half of a dessert every evening.

Once we Americans learn to "eat to live" and rid ourselves of wanting to "live to eat" our lives would be a lot more healthier and easier.

I think the entree sizes are just fine. Apps are small though. Usually I order 2 appetizers, one entree and a dessert. Most of the entrees I did not finish, so that I could eat some of my dessert- which I did not always finish either. Elegant night I did order 2 entrees (lobster) for the following reasons: 1. I LOVE lobster and don't often get it in the Midwest; 2. The portions of lobster are small; and 3. Seafood is less filling to me than meat. I am trying to remember what I ordered with it. I believe strawberry soup, which DD ate most of and another appetizer that I was not crazy about and did not finish. So I guess it balances out.

are they kidding?

Whoever told John the portions were too big was obviously a bird, or at least ate like one. A 2 ounce lobster tail or 4 oz steak is not huge in my book

Portions are not too large. People tend to order salad, soup, eat the breads prior to an entree. Needless to say, this curbs the appetite, so by the time you've waited for your main meal, you aren't hungry. Unless a premeal treat hits my fancy (like cold strawberry soup), I jump straight to the "main event". Leaves room for dessert.

They are too big for me too. I love to eat the app and soup and by that time I don't have much room for the main entree. Would love to see small sizes on main entree. At home I can take food home in a doggy bag and not feel bad but on the cruise it seems so much waste.

Archived