someone told the brand ambassador the entree portions were too large?

H82seaUgo

Portion sizes are too big! I always leave at least half of the entree on my plate. Then have to explain to the waiter that the food was wonderful, just way too much. Then I want a bite or two of desert and feel bad about wasting so much food. I'm not a tiny girl and try not to gain weight on a cruise by overeating and feeling miserable.

Maybe its a male / female thing?? As I notice those who think the portions arent too big are mostly males.

Straight males, maybe. Not me. I've never thought of the portions being too small. They're plenty big enough for me.

You have got to be kidding! Are you serious when you say that you can feed your whole family on an 8oz piece of steak? Or a leg quarter of chicken? Are you really being serious?

I have never gotten one leg qtr, I am always served two. My parents are actually too skinny and dont eat very much, my mom picks. My mom weighs about 80 lbs or so, and my Dad actually was on a feeding tube for a year, but now makes himself eat more so it never happens again. .. so yep.. its enough to feed my whole family.

Im not small like them, but I really never am able to finish those portions at dinner. My problem is more I like junk, than the entrees and veggies...

We got small sandwiches today at schlotzys and they split one. One small is too much for either of them to eat. Half was perfect.

I have no idea why .. but my parents, neither is interested in food, never have been.

If people think those dinner portions are too large, they must be filling up too much at the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I order two entrees.

I agree

If I eat in the afternoon say 3 ish Im not hungry for early dinner.

I neeed at least 4hrs between large meals

Portion sizes are too big! I always leave at least half of the entree on my plate. Then have to explain to the waiter that the food was wonderful, just way too much. Then I want a bite or two of desert and feel bad about wasting so much food. I'm not a tiny girl and try not to gain weight on a cruise by overeating and feeling miserable.

Glad Im not the only one. I try to eat a early lunch and at most have a tiny snack, like one ice cream cone before dinner.

I even did late dinner the first cruise 2 weeks ago and still couldnt finish my dinner.

If you think the portion sizes are too small, then you must be an older cruiser that doesn't have much of an appetite. Just because you think the portions are too big, why take away the pleasure the rest of us have by buying into Carnival's strategy which is to cut back yet again in yet another way?

After all, we are being charged for the portions we get. If I want to leave something on my plate that didn't taste right to me, I will. I usually don't as the portion sizes are fine as they are with the exception of the Lobster and Filet Mignon. Both of those are small for what we pay.

Part of the charging for the cruise is for the food. I'm already going to change cruise lines after my next cruise since Carnival is getting on my nerves by cutbacks all the time. Isn't part of the cruising experience being able to eat as much as you want, when you want? For all the Carnival cheerleaders, you will be sorry in the end when they continue to cutback more and more, AND raise prices for the cruise.

Whoops read this wrong. Thought you posted that the Brand ambassador was too large LoL. :D:D;)

Let's see if your posts stays... I posted on page one of this thread that the OP had misread and it was actually "Someone told the brand ambassador HIS portions were too large." I just noticed my post has magically disappeared. :confused:

If people think those dinner portions are too large, they must be filling up too much at the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I order two entrees.

Nope...I usually eat a medium breakfast, light lunch, and rarely snack in between. I have 1-2 apps depending on what is offered, 1 roll, and normally 1/2 my entree and 1/2 my desert. I walk away just right to stuffed every time.

If you think the portion sizes are too small, then you must be an older cruiser that doesn't have much of an appetite. Just because you think the portions are too big, why take away the pleasure the rest of us have by buying into Carnival's strategy which is to cut back yet again in yet another way?

After all, we are being charged for the portions we get. If I want to leave something on my plate that didn't taste right to me, I will. I usually don't as the portion sizes are fine as they are with the exception of the Lobster and Filet Mignon. Both of those are small for what we pay.

Part of the charging for the cruise is for the food. I'm already going to change cruise lines after my next cruise since Carnival is getting on my nerves by cutbacks all the time. Isn't part of the cruising experience being able to eat as much as you want, when you want? For all the Carnival cheerleaders, you will be sorry in the end when they continue to cutback more and more, AND raise prices for the cruise.

No ones taking away your pleasure, if the portion is too small for you just ask for more....try 2 different dishes for variety. They won't tell you no:rolleyes:. In my case I waste half an entree (unless DS takes it and finishes it for me:D) and usually I have the waiter asking me if they can get me something else because they think I don't like it if I can't finish it. I always have to explain that I liked it but I can't finish it.

Nope...I usually eat a medium breakfast, light lunch, and rarely snack in between. I have 1-2 apps depending on what is offered, 1 roll, and normally 1/2 my entree and 1/2 my desert. I walk away just right to stuffed every time.

Agreed! Keeps me off the obese chart and the cost of a CCL cruise reasonable. Too many think its an all you can gorge and then toss out experience. Then complain about cut backs as they get the 3rd plate.

He'll charge for food and lower the price of the cruise......I'm in! Let those who think they are entitled to 4 lobster tails and the all you can eat buffet pass pay for it.

I would like it if they made the portions smaller. I usually get 2-3 apps, entrees, and deserts just to try different flavors. If they made the dishes smaller I could try more items.

I don't order more now because I hate wasting food and always clean my plate just like mom taught us.

I absolutely agree with this.... but it's not just the US, it's spreading into Canada also. When combined with a soup and/or an appy and dessert, some of the entrees are too large IMO. It would be interesting to calculate the calories in some of those meals - and I'm as guilty of eating waaay to much some cruise days as the next guy. ;) I would bet many people don't even recognize what a healthy portion size actually is anymore.

Whoops....Sorry I didn't mean to leave out Canada

I am also guilty of over doing it while on a cruise....once in a while...:D

Well, there you have it. You're wasting stomach space on a filling roll when there's all that other good food to eat.

If you travel outside of the US you will find that meal portions are quite a bit smaller than at home and that the meal times last longer. If you eat slower and enjoy your food plus take a bit of time in between the courses you will find it does not take near as much food to fill you. In the US we have become very accustom to SUPER SIZE and wolfing the food down and this is part of what promps the complaints about amount of food and dinner took to long.

OP the silly swirls are not to fill the plate up it is for presentation purposes

One our drive to the US to grab a flight for a cruise a couple years ago we stopped at a Chinese restaurant for a dinner. There were 7 of us. Without exaggerating one bit, they served enough food to feed 17 people. The portion sizes were so large it was disgusting to me to have to throw that much away when were were done.

Well, there you have it. You're wasting stomach space on a filling roll when there's all that other good food to eat.

But I love the rolls :confused:....I'd love to eat more than 1 like the rest of my family does... but I use willpower there so I have room for 1/2 my desert later :D.

One our drive to the US to grab a flight for a cruise a couple years ago we stopped at a Chinese restaurant for a dinner. There were 7 of us. Without exaggerating one bit, they served enough food to feed 17 people. The portion sizes were so large it was disgusting to me to have to throw that much away when were were done.

If it was a chinese restaurant, they probably just scraped the plate into the buffet.... one of our local chinese restaurants was recently closed for "recycling" left overs.... :eek:

If it was a chinese restaurant, they probably just scraped the plate into the buffet.... one of our local chinese restaurants was recently closed for "recycling" left overs.... :eek:

I saw an article about a shut down, but chose not to taint my brain with images of whatever the article said. OMG now I know!

Archived