LIVE(or at least my best attempt) from the Oasis Of The Seas, sailing October 13th

Chris, I just read your entire live review and it's awesome to say the least! And I love all of your pictures -- great photography! Even though we never ate dinner in the dining room, I agree with your 150% about the attire some people wear. It is totally unacceptable and the staff should enforce it. In my opinion, that, in itself, warrants a letter to RCCL. We found the staff to be very nice and helpful; I just wish I could say the same for some the passengers. They were rude and pushy, but you see that on any cruise. I know I have.

I will message you later about a couple of other things.

Again, awesome review and very well done.:D

Thank you for your fabulous review. It was very informative and your pictures are great.

I hope you don't mind that I d/l the one of the view from the front of the ship and I made it my desktop background.

Nope no problem with you doing that at all. That would be a great background on my computer as well

Nope no problem with you doing that at all. That would be a great background on my computer as well

Chris...great review. LOVED, loved the pics. Had me asking myself, where's was that, how did I miss it. Well, guess I'll just have to book another cruise to see, do what I missed this time. So much to see and do.

Enjoyed meeting you, thanks again for Labadee and Giovannis. I gather you did get the Pet for your friend from the sound of review.

Chris...great review. LOVED, loved the pics. Had me asking myself, where's was that, how did I miss it. Well, guess I'll just have to book another cruise to see, do what I missed this time. So much to see and do.

Enjoyed meeting you, thanks again for Labadee and Giovannis. I gather you did get the Pet for your friend from the sound of review.

Yep sure did. Amazing how everything changed when the lady from guest relations went there with me to get the issue resolved

Which pier at Port Everglades does Oasis dock?

Is it always this way? Is self-parking close?

Have thoroughly enjoyed your "live". Thanks!!

I've used Park N'GO several times. They are right off I-595 to the left. Valet parking, dropping you and your luggage at the pier. Upon return, very easy pick up and return to your vehicle, they even put the luggage in your car. I paid $5.99 per day, much better than Port Everglades.

This is their link: http://www.bookparkngo.com/index.php?main_page=index

I've used Park N'GO several times. They are right off I-595 to the left. Valet parking, dropping you and your luggage at the pier. Upon return, very easy pick up and return to your vehicle, they even put the luggage in your car. I paid $5.99 per day, much better than Port Everglades.

This is their link: http://www.bookparkngo.com/index.php?main_page=index

Also two thumbs up for Park N Go~ :):)

I will be using them in Dec and the rates are higher than. I think it will be $7.99 or maybe $8.99 but still better than the port. Seems that it is higher in season than out.

Looks like you are having a blast. We will be on the Feb 16 sailing of the oasis. Was wondering if you know anything about playa mia in Cozumel. Last time I was there I was able to take a taxi and pay admission at the beach rather than booking excursion through the ship. Also, I heard you can rent phones on the ship. Any idea on how much they charge for the rental? Thanks. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

we'll be on the feb 16th...family reunion with 10 people including two 16 yr-olds.

I really appreciate that. To even be mentioned in the same league as Radio and Trainman means a lot

Add to the list bionicman, Host Faith and Sherri (KansCocoa) and we have MAGIC SIX!:D:D:D

If you didn't read their reviews you should!:)

WARNING... You'll have NOTHING done in your "normal" life! (Ask me how I know!:):)

Chris, reguarding formal night, I agree with you 100%. DW and I were surprised at how many passsengers did not dress up, and the number of men that were wearing ball caps was unbeliveable. Once again good job, and wishing you safe travels.

I look forward to meeting you. My daughter is 16 and son is 13.

I'm so glad there will be so many kids my son's age. He's bringing mis best friend and it'll be great that they have other people to hang with

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to come by and check out the thread. Still can't believe how awesome Oasis was and how much fun it was to do this Live review.

I apologize because someone had asked who the best bartender was aboard the ship and I never replied. Well in my opinion he works in the Champagne Bar and his name is Andy. If you see him, stop by have a drink and say hello. Great guy

031_zpsefbe09ae.jpg

Andy was a great guy...we made it in there a few nights to have a nice White Burgundy or some Champagne.

FYI...I was talking to the folks in Vintages during the week. They rotate (every 2 weeks I believe he said) between the Chamapagne Bar, Vintages, and the "back of the house" wine distribution/MDR. So 2 weeks @ CB,, 2 weeks Vintages, 2 weeks not in either...managing all the wine on the ship.

Also..for those reading this thread interested in a "Higher end" wine selection you can find it at Vintages and the Champagne Bar. Many wines available at these 2 places that are not available elsewhere on the ship. A much more extensive Champagne selection (also by the glass) as well.

Archived