LIVE(or at least my best attempt) from the Oasis Of The Seas, sailing October 13th

Andy was a great guy...we made it in there a few nights to have a nice White Burgundy or some Champagne.

FYI...I was talking to the folks in Vintages during the week. They rotate (every 2 weeks I believe he said) between the Chamapagne Bar, Vintages, and the "back of the house" wine distribution/MDR. So 2 weeks @ CB,, 2 weeks Vintages, 2 weeks not in either...managing all the wine on the ship.

Also..for those reading this thread interested in a "Higher end" wine selection you can find it at Vintages and the Champagne Bar. Many wines available at these 2 places that are not available elsewhere on the ship. A much more extensive Champagne selection (also by the glass) as well.

I've never been much of a wine drinker but those flirtinis at the Champagne Bar were awesome!

That was the bid I submitted and got the Hyatt to accept it :)

I'm sorry to ask this late, but just found your review and love it!!! One question re priceline: Do you get to name your exact hotel when you name your price? We need to be at the Hyatt Pier 66 b/c of car dropoff, but right now are paying $150plus (spring break time). Would love to try via priceline but never did it before. Can you request a specific hotel, or just a 4 star, etc? How did you "get" Hyatt to accept? Thanks so much, carri

I've never been much of a wine drinker but those flirtinis at the Champagne Bar were awesome!

I missed the flirtinis and snacks in the Champagne bar cause I was only there once. Another excuse to go back a THIRD time! LOL! Gonna do Allure 2013:)

I'm sorry to ask this late, but just found your review and love it!!! One question re priceline: Do you get to name your exact hotel when you name your price? We need to be at the Hyatt Pier 66 b/c of car dropoff, but right now are paying $150plus (spring break time). Would love to try via priceline but never did it before. Can you request a specific hotel, or just a 4 star, etc? How did you "get" Hyatt to accept? Thanks so much, carri

When you name your own price you cannot request a specific hotel. You must submit a bid and wait to see if it's accepted. Once it is accepted then the hotel that accepted your bid is revealed. I placed a bid of 85 dollars on a 4 star hotel which meant there would be no issue with getting something I liked. It was the Hyatt Pier 66 that accepted my bid, but that wasn't revealed till I was told my bid had been accepted. From what others have told me, it is usually the Hyatt that accepts your bid, followed mostly by the Hilton Marina or the Sheraton beachfront.

If the bid you submitted is not accepted, you will be informed of that and the credit card number you supplied will not be charged

The Hilton for 52 is an incredible deal :)

Well then they add on the $16 taxes ... but $52 was my bid.

It seems to be the going price though.. There is a science to Priceline bidding (using those other zones for extra Free bids, etc) and 1 popular forum for research as well.

Phones are $30 per phone. We used them on the Allure and were a great way to keep in touch.

Would be most grateful if you could explain what these phones are? How much do they cost to use, and is it just to keep in touch with other people on the ship? Thanks!

Great photos thanks, really enjoying this thread.

Great trip report, Chris! I didn't catch it when it was "live" but spent quite a while today going over every page!

I don't know if you remember me or not but my family was onboard the Ruby earlier this year with you. (You even inadvertently caught us in some of your sailaway pictures!)

I'm glad you had a good week on the Oasis. She's one amazing ship.

We'll be onboard the Allure next June for my childrens' 13th and 14th birthdays - sailing the same itinerary you just sailed. I even think the tour you took in Jamaica is the one my son wants to do. (He's into the paranormal and I believe that plantation is supposed to be haunted!)

Thanks again!

Great trip report, Chris! I didn't catch it when it was "live" but spent quite a while today going over every page!

I don't know if you remember me or not but my family was onboard the Ruby earlier this year with you. (You even inadvertently caught us in some of your sailaway pictures!)

We'll be onboard the Allure next June for my childrens' 13th and 14th birthdays - sailing the same itinerary you just sailed. I even think the tour you took in Jamaica is the one my son wants to do. (He's into the paranormal and I believe that plantation is supposed to be haunted!)

Thanks again!

I sure do remember you Jessica! How have you been? It's too bad we never ran into each other aboard Ruby. Oasis was amazing and I loved the whole cruise. Right now I'm planning on sailing on Allure in May 2014, but I might change things around so I can sail on her sooner.

I'm also excited to try out the new Royal Princess next year. I'll be anxious to see what new things Princess will bring us :)

Would be most grateful if you could explain what these phones are? How much do they cost to use, and is it just to keep in touch with other people on the ship? Thanks!

Great photos thanks, really enjoying this thread.

I can't answer because I never used them. But I believe it's for use on the ship and no extra cost incurred but like I said, I am not positive on that since I did not rent one

Thanks again!

The haunted plantation...yes my wife and son read and know all about it. Amazing story...

Hi Chris

Just caught up on the end of your cruise. I enjoyed following along to see pictures and things my mom and sister were doing. Your week had much better weather than my week. It was a little rough the last 2 days.

Carolyn

I sure do remember you Jessica! How have you been? It's too bad we never ran into each other aboard Ruby. Oasis was amazing and I loved the whole cruise. Right now I'm planning on sailing on Allure in May 2014, but I might change things around so I can sail on her sooner.

I'm also excited to try out the new Royal Princess next year. I'll be anxious to see what new things Princess will bring us :)

We've been good! Dreaming about our next cruise, as always... We were just able to do one this year but will make up for it in 2013 and 2014 as we have 4 deposited right now over a period of 13 months. :D

We wanted to cruise for the kids' birthdays next Summer (June 18 and June 21 - 12 months apart!) so we're on the June 16 Allure sailing and are excited to be able to celebrate both onboard. I can't wait. We booked the Royal for Spring Break of 2014!

Bugsy where did you get the screen saver thats on your laptop?

Great review:D

Are you referring to the picture of my laptop with Oasis on it from when I started the review? I just saved the photo from RCCL's website and then clicked on change desktop background

Are you referring to the picture of my laptop with Oasis on it from when I started the review? I just saved the photo from RCCL's website and then clicked on change desktop background

Yeah that's the one.

Cheers

Just wanted to say I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement I got for doing this LIVE review. I was nervous at first and feared it wouldn't turn out well. It ended up being a blast. So much so that I hope everyone will tune in for my next LIVE review coming from Celebrity Silhouette on April 7th :)

Thanks again everyone

Just wanted to say I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement I got for doing this LIVE review. I was nervous at first and feared it wouldn't turn out well. It ended up being a blast. So much so that I hope everyone will tune in for my next LIVE review coming from Celebrity Silhouette on April 7th :)

Thanks again everyone

Chris

I enjoyed your review. I didn't see as much of the ship as you. I got my beach chair inthe morning and sat their most of the day.

Thanks again everyone

You did great Bugsy, I had those same fears back in July when I did my first "Live" cruise report. Am excited to be starting my second "Live" cruise report next Thursday, its going to be even more fun than my first one! :)

I booked the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 through Priceline. Got it for 85 dollars. I have a great view of the marina from my room

001_zps6334e990.jpg

002_zps8c7f4323.jpg

Here is my laptop from which I will be doing this Live report:

003_zps89a92917.jpg

I just started reading your live posts and I was wondering if you got this hotel by bidding for it? I know sometimes you can see the price but not the hotel, and other times people are bidding for hotels without seeing price or hotel.

I just started reading your live posts and I was wondering if you got this hotel by bidding for it? I know sometimes you can see the price but not the hotel, and other times people are bidding for hotels without seeing price or hotel.

Yep, I went the name your own price route and got this hotel after my bid of 85 dollars was accepted

Thanks for the info....Did you start with a bid of $85.00, or did you try a few bids with lower prices?

I just finished reading all of your posts, and I really enjoyed all the super photos.Thank you for taking the time, and spending the $$$s needed to post all of this. Your cruise report has kept me occupied while the TV is doing nothing but giving early election results.:D;):rolleyes:

Archived