Tampa 717 Parking

centurycruiser

They do have a website.

http://www.717parking.com/cruise-parking/

717 apparently manages parking lots all over the place.

When there didn't seem to be any response from any cc's, I used Google street view to check the two lots they use for cruise parking in Tampa and the lots are not fenced. At least at the time of Google's video. So, I guess that accounts for the $2.99 per day rate.

I don't think so. Here would be the total for my Nov. 29th Jewel cruise 4 night. Thats 2.99 x 4 = 11.96 then they have a $5 processing fee. So I don't see how they raised the rates since you pay online. Did they ask you for more money at the gate?

Subtotal

Shipping & Subtotal

1. Cart Subtotal 11.96
  2. Processing 5.00
  3. Future Subscriptions Processing
  4. Tax .86
  5. Order Total 17.80

Edited by Trekker954

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Used them this week. There is no fence, cameras, etc. Said to have security drive by. No issues with my car upon my return, however, I had to taxi there, as they never answered their phone which they require you call for pick up. They had an emergency number, who did not pick up either. Left messages on both voice mails and am still waiting a day later for a call back to explain themselves. NOT HAPPY with that. Taxi driver very irrated he was only getting a short haul with us but it was just a tad too far to walk with all our luggage (we even use a baggage handler from the terminal to the street).

Used them this week. There is no fence, cameras, etc. Said to have security drive by. No issues with my car upon my return, however, I had to taxi there, as they never answered their phone which they require you call for pick up. They had an emergency number, who did not pick up either. Left messages on both voice mails and am still waiting a day later for a call back to explain themselves. NOT HAPPY with that. Taxi driver very irrated he was only getting a short haul with us but it was just a tad too far to walk with all our luggage (we even use a baggage handler from the terminal to the street).

Did you used 717 Parking or Capitol? If it was Capitol can I ask how much the taxi was? I think there lot is on Harbour Island and we have friends that live there. I was saying to DH that the cab would not be happy going such a short distance. I was not even sure if they would take you.

No it was 717 I used. I actually got off the ship at 7:45 and was going to get the car (1/4 mile away) and come back for DH and DD since my DD wanted to sleep in a bit and I was already up with nothing else to do. I also knew we needed to gas up. AND my instructions were their main number was answered 7 am - 3 and also anytime pickup via the emergency number. By the time I called was about 7:55. Anyway, I really would have loved to know what happened but they obviously didn't want to tell me, but they did compensate me after many emails. I just wonder about the other cruisers who parked there as there must have been over 50 cars there. Maybe they got off much later, I really don't know, as I even called trying to get an answer and let off steam as late as 9, but then gave up.

Yeah, my taxi driver wasn't happy and he was plugging the address into his garmin and I had to help him (didn't seem very bright) and he made a left when he was to make a right and I said, hey, you should make a right (its the NewYorker in me to interject rather than be taken on a "ride"); he stopped his car in the middle of the street and said, Do I know you, did I pick you up before and YOU gave me trouble????? huh? I said NO, just bring me to the address and by the way turn on your meter. He said, you should have said that when you got in the car. {WHAT???????????} I said, just bring me to my car. The meter read about $4. I threw him a $10 and got out of the car. My daughter said, if he threatened me I shouldn't have tipped him. I didn't consider it a tip as much as Thank God I got to the car in one piece and I did feel bad that he only had a 1/4 mile trip vs taking someone to the airport. I think that is why I was more annoyed at 717 at putting me in that position of a confrontation with the driver.

anyway, if they were able to give me a legitimate reason what this happened, I might have used them again as I said, my car was fine as all the cars there (I did another drive around to look at them). One can't compare $2.99 to $15.) but maybe I'll try capitol next time.

Thanks The one we are looking at is Capitol Parking which is on Harbour Isand and costs $7.99 which is still 1/2 price of port parking.

It seems all the Tampa options for offsite parking get mixed reviews. We are leaning towards just parking at the port.

We used Capital for our 12/3 to 12/8 cruise on the Jewel & were very happy. Same driver dropped us off & picked us up. We didnt have to schlep our luggage like the one who were parked at the Tampa port. No complaints at all with the service.

• 3 years later...

My wife and I parked our car with 717 in downtown Tampa this week.

We went on a 7 day cruise on the Norwegian Star (Loved the cruise).

Upon arrival back 717 parking was to be there to pick us up with it's shuttle at 9:00 am. No Show. We called the company at 9:05 to see if the shuttle was on it's way were told yes the shuttle was on it's way and should be there any moment. 9:20 called again they said just a few more minutes. Called again at 9:45 they said sorry "we had a shuttle down early this morning but another driver is in his way. 10:00 called again, they said any moment now. 10:10, called again they said again any moment Sorry.....

Well we ended up having to take a taxi cost $8.00 for a 2 mile trip with one of the ruddiest, angriest taxi drivers in the USA. My wife was very afraid he might shoot us. Not exaggerating. Pay a couple of extra dollars a day for different parking arrangements.

Oh yea, did I mention to 20 gang members that were hanging around the parking lot when the vulgar taxi driver dropped us off? That's another story. Merry Christmas.

HAHA....nothing has changed I guess. I used them in '12 when I asked for reviews and had pretty much the same experience. Took forever getting a shuttle there and forever getting picked up at the end of the cruise. I have been using the The Parking Doctors since and can't think of a bad thing to say about them.

• 10 months later...

There are about a dozen street parking spaces along a small section of E 5th Ave in Ybor City without any posted time or residency restrictions (Nov 2016). The spaces are super convenient to the street car which you can take all the way to the port for $2.50 a person. Plug 1220 E 5th Ave 33605 into your GPS/phone to find the location. These spots are between N 13th St & Nuccio Parkway.

Once you've parked, walk 2 blocks north to the Cadrecha Plaza Station #4 to catch the street car.

You can check the hours below, but are friendly for cruise schedules in my opionion.

http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/about/hours/index.htm

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
There are about a dozen street parking spaces along a small section of E 5th Ave in Ybor City without any posted time or residency restrictions (Nov 2016). The spaces are super convenient to the street car which you can take all the way to the port for $2.50 a person. Plug 1220 E 5th Ave 33605 into your GPS/phone to find the location. These spots are between N 13th St & Nuccio Parkway.

Once you've parked, walk 2 blocks north to the Cadrecha Plaza Station #4 to catch the street car.

You can check the hours below, but are friendly for cruise schedules in my opionion.

http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/about/hours/index.htm

Cheers!

Good way to get towed.

http://www.tampagov.net/parking/programs/parking-meters

In Ybor City, all on-street parking spaces are free, however, are restricted to a 2-hr maximum time limit. Additional restrictions also apply in residential parking areas within Ybor City. All restrictions are displayed prominently with signs located on each block.

Sec. 15-41. - Parking in city lots, garages, public streets and other property.

(f)

It is unlawful for the operator of a vehicle to stop, park or leave standing a vehicle on a city owned or operated parking lot, garage, public street or other property, using pay stations, other electronic devices, mechanical equipment, meters or gates for revenue control, for a period longer than twenty-four (24) hours without first making arrangements in advance with the parking division.

Edited by ray98

• 10 months later...

Has anyone used the 12th Street lot across from terminal 6 lately? They say since it's right across the street, they don't provide shuttles & you can just walk over. We don't have a lot of luggage, so it wouldn't be a problem for us to walk, just wondering how safe this area is, how secure your car is & how safe it is to cross the street dragging luggage!:D

If not, where have you had a good experience parking in Tampa?

Edited by TMW67
Needed to add more to question