Indy vs Liberty

We are booked on the ind of the seas in January. I just noticed that the Liberty is about $500 less expensive (but less 1 night) and seriously considering switching reservations.

I know the liberty has the out door video screen and the indy does not... but what are the other major differences in these sister ships???

Thanks!!

We are booked on the ind of the seas in January. I just noticed that the Liberty is about $500 less expensive (but less 1 night) and seriously considering switching reservations.

I know the liberty has the out door video screen and the indy does not... but what are the other major differences in these sister ships???

Thanks!!

These ships are about as physically identical as can be. As you noted, Liberty has had a more recent revitalization, which included the outdoor screen, prevasive WiFi, Broadway show (Saturday Night Fever), Digital Signage, Dreamworks characters, Updated Vintages Wine Bar, etc.

Ships are so similar it would be hard to make a decision on that alone. I would go by which has the more appealing itinerary. Though in all actuality I would choose the cruise with one extra night:)

Both iternraries are not terribly appealing... I agree the extra night is tempting, BUT the difference is large enough (over $500 difference for 1 night ~ family of 4!!) to be able to score a couple nights in a beach resort in Ft Lauderdale precruise (Priceline is great!:D)... that, the outdoor movie screen and the upcoming wow sale and the somewhat recent refurb might be enough to sway me... depends, I guess, if the rates go up when the sale begins!?!?!

Any idea if the Liberty has (or will have by Jan) the new Freestyle coke machines??

Thanks!

These ships are about as physically identical as can be. As you noted, Liberty has had a more recent revitalization, which included the outdoor screen, prevasive WiFi, Broadway show (Saturday Night Fever), Digital Signage, Dreamworks characters, Updated Vintages Wine Bar, etc.

Liberty has Penquins. I only know because she was parked behind Majesty when I boarded her in 2007 I think it was.

Both iternraries are not terribly appealing... I agree the extra night is tempting, BUT the difference is large enough (over $500 difference for 1 night ~ family of 4!!) to be able to score a couple nights in a beach resort in Ft Lauderdale precruise (Priceline is great!:D)... that, the outdoor movie screen and the upcoming wow sale and the somewhat recent refurb might be enough to sway me... depends, I guess, if the rates go up when the sale begins!?!?!

Any idea if the Liberty has (or will have by Jan) the new Freestyle coke machines??

Thanks!

$500 for 4 nights (which is what $500 for 4 people for 1 night is) is not much money. That's $125 pp pn. Good price, if you ask me. (unless you are talking about jamming 4 people in an interior or oceanview cabin).

So, it depends on your relationship with your money. ;)

I suspect that you will find that both cruises have almost identical costs per night. Of course a shorter cruise will cost less. Take the family on a five night cruise and it will be even cheaper!

:)

Archived