Magic/Breeze vs. Dream

bled01

Been thinking of taking a cruise this winter and was considering one of newer Carnival ships. (We always like to go on the new ships if possible)

So we need to go during a specific week and the Breeze cost twice as much as the Magic and Dream that same week so that is out.

That left the Magic and Dream. We are not really liking the Magic itinerary and Dream has some ports we have not been to so the Dream seems like the logical choice.

However, I was wondering what the real difference is between the Magic/Breeze and the Dream. I know they are from the same class of ship but my understanding was that Dream did not have some of the features of the other 2.

Would I be missing out by going on the Dream vs. the Magic?

Sailed the Dream this past August and it was Awesome! I too thought Magic looked better but didn't like itinerary as much. Once inboard I never thought of the Magic again. As for the Breeze... Looks AMAZING but those prices are high. I say go with the Dream. You will not be disappointed

Doesn't the Magic have 2 or 3 itineraries? I've only done the Cayman, Jamaica, Cozumel one, but I was thinking there were others to choose from. I've never been on the Breeze or Dream, but I'd go anywhere the Magic wanted to take me. Love that ship! :)

Doesn't the Magic have 2 or 3 itineraries? I've only done the Cayman, Jamaica, Cozumel one, but I was thinking there were others to choose from. I've never been on the Breeze or Dream, but I'd go anywhere the Magic wanted to take me. Love that ship! :)

yes magic does key west (what they call eastern) and regular western and exotic western (belize and roatan)

We have sailed the Dream 3 times with a 4th scheduled for 2/13. We sailed the Magic in 2/12 on a western. Both are excellent. As for the ships themselves, the Magic is superior. The Dream has the 2.0 upgrades, but in our experience these upgrades are insignificant. Both ships depart from ports that have questionable weather in winter. Therefore the Breeze, out of Miami, has superior weather, and the newest ship with several different amazing itieraries is the best choice regarless of price. That is why we chose the Breeze for our Decenmber cruise. :cool:

So we need to go during a specific week and the Breeze cost twice as much as the Magic and Dream that same week so that is out.

What is the week in question and what type of cabin category are you seeking? Even with the Breeze going on an 8 day sailing versus 7 days on the other two ships, I can't believe that it's twice as much price wise.

What is the week in question and what type of cabin category are you seeking? Even with the Breeze going on an 8 day sailing versus 7 days on the other two ships, I can't believe that it's twice as much price wise.

Departing either 2/16 or 2/17 2013. Only looking at balcony cabins...most likely as SPA cabin. If the Breeze was similar in price we would definitely choose that one.

Yes, but we need to go a certain week and ideally do not want to go back to Jamaica and Grand Cayman again as we have already been to those ports a couple of times and they were not our favorite to begin with.

Departing either 2/16 or 2/17 2013. Only looking at balcony cabins...most likely as SPA cabin. If the Breeze was similar in price we would definitely choose that one.

Since you're cruising over the President's Holiday, you're picking a very popular week. With the addition of the Breeze sailing on it's best 8 day itinerary the same week, that is why the prices are so high on it, because of basic supply and demand. If you're focusing on just a Cloud 9 balcony cabin, it seems like the only option you have is go go on the Dream and spend 2195 for the two of you. Cove balconies can be had for 1755 on the Dream as well. Looking at the Magic, the only balconies left were the regular ones @ 1780.

Remember, you also have to factor in airfare and depending upon where you're flying from, I'm sure it's cheaper to fly into Orlando than Galveston, even with the President's Week factored in. Hopefully you can be flexible and fly in a day early and if needed fly at the end of the day to lower the cost of the airfare. Good luck with your decision. EDIT Just remembered that RCI is having their 3 day WOW sale starting tomorrow with reduced prices in case that might be an option.

Breeze has Cuchina del Capitano, Guy Burgers, Red Frog Rum Bar, Red Frog pub, Blue Iguana Cantina and bar, EA sports bar, Alchemy bar, Sports Square with ropes course, and the water park

Magic has Cuchina del Capitano, Red Frog Pub, Sports Square with ropes course, and waterpark

Dream was the first ship, so she doesn't have what Magic has, but it does have a waterpark.......

I would go with Breeze or Magic who has three itineraries. I'm going to do the Breeze next September for eight day to Aruba/Curacao

For us in January, it would be a little over $1000 more for the 4 of us on the Breeze for 8 days than the Dream for 7 in the same cabin type and location. Plus MCO air is cheaper than FLL or especially MIA. The Magic is only a couple hundred more, but we prefer Saturday returns and again, air to Houston is about $200 more pp.

Breeze has Cuchina del Capitano, Guy Burgers, Red Frog Rum Bar, Red Frog pub, Blue Iguana Cantina and bar, EA sports bar, Alchemy bar, Sports Square with ropes course, and the water park

Breeze does not have the EA Sports Bar or the Alchemy Bar. :( When these two items were added to the 2.0 upgrade for the Liberty, the blueprints were already done for the Breeze.

I sailed Dream and Magic less than 5 months apart. I do prefer the Dream, but both ships are great. There are some definite differences in the ships. I did reviews for both: Dream-Nov 2011. Magic-Mar 2012.

In my Magic review, I did some comparison between the 2 ships. Most of my comparisons are in post #23. Some of what I wrote was just my subjective opinion there, but you can read that to get a little feel for the differences. I break down how the Magic has a little less public space, as they made an elimination. And I went onto the other things, such as the removal of a couple hot tubs on Magic, and my opinions on the dance club & Red Frog Pub. I did give a slight edge to the Magic's waterpark over Dream's back in post # 2, where I broke down the exact differences in the waterparks. And I did enjoy the Magic's ropes course that Dream doesn't have, although I didn't spend much time on it. The extra pay restaurants are not anything I ever partake of, but the Magic's extra pay Italiant restaurant for dinner may or may not be something you'd enjoy. The lack of 2.0 things on Dream are not that big of a loss for me, as different burgers & different bars are not that big of a deal to me.

Basically, I prefer Dream, but I have no problem recommending Magic as well.

Archived