Falmouth: City Map, Walking Tour Map, directions to Club Nazz

dmwnc1959

Posted this on the RCI forum but wanted to do so here as well in case anyone missed it...

I picked up a port map from the main entrance building when I was there (labeled Terminal on the second map, this is also the ONLY way to enter the complex and get to town) and since I don't have a scanner took a picture of it just now and downloaded it. The maps are FREE of charge in the large passage way that is the Terminal just before you enter the Arrival Plaza of the RCI shopping complex.

I also indicated on the first map where Club Nazz is located (more on that in a moment).

The ship (Oasis-class) will back in and dock starboard side to the West Wharf (see second map). Other cruise ships (which will also back in to the dock facility) may pull alongside the East Wharf if more than one ship is in Falmouth.

8080041414_4c339f1987_c.jpg

Detail of area around RCI port complex and downtown Falmouth

8080002112_76a7e8deb4_c.jpg

LARGE SIZE

PA120636

More Sizes

PA120636

City of Falmouth, Jamaica

8079998133_2b49380dc8_c.jpg

Large Size

PA120637

More sizes

PA120637

Edited by dmwnc1959

Also on the back of the map I picked up was a Self Guided Walking Tour of Falmouth with points of interest. On the tour map at the bottom right hand corner it does indicate that the self guided walking tour beings within the cruise port compound! This then would definitely keep you from having to exit out the main gate and manage your way through that 'scene'. Not sure what it is like once you exit the walkway that 'winds along the waterfront' but it has to beat the other option. You'll also eventually pass by Club Nazz along the tour route so you can stop in for a soda or bottled water and some cheap internet.

Walking Tour

8080101772_f96819b796_c.jpg

More sizes here

PA120638

Points of Interest key

8080112229_3bd5bd67f9_c.jpg

More sizes here (and easier to read)

PA120639

Club Nazz has free WiFi if you are dining there, or $3 per hour if not dining. The place is not air conditioned though. Even in December it was very hot in Falmouth.

Directions (if not using the self Guided Walking Tour route):

- At the end of the long walkway leading to the main exit for the RCI port complex exit through the compound gates, then walk ONE full block straight once you are out of the port gates.

- Turn right and head for Water Square (and the blue clock tower building).

- After passing the light blue clock tower building on your left and before hitting the center of the square turn left.

- Head for a grey-blue building at the back of the square. The street veers right and Club Nazz is on the next corner with blue awning.

It will take you maybe 10 minutes to walk there once you exit the RCI port complex.

Blue clock tower building

43e63d3a-e8d4-2dac.jpg

Club Nazz

43e63d3a-e8fa-7313.jpg

More pictures from my visit Dec 2011...

Club Nazz

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31542051&postcount=219

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31542057&postcount=220

Falmouth

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57377062@N04/sets/72157628396779075/with/6503083049/

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thank you so much for posting this!

You're WELCOME! :D

Any nice beaches nearby? How far must one go to get a good beach? Are there taxis to Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?

You may want to use the SEARCH function and the word TAXI, and there are plenty of threads in the first few pages of this sub-forum that talk about taxi's to MoBay and Ocho Rios.

As far a beaches near by you may want to start a separate thread to inquire if there are any in Falmouth as I did not venture that far out. This may also help others as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for all those infos and maps! It is very much appreciated as I will be there next March. Can't wait!!!

You're welcome. Hope this helps. :D

Has anyone taken the Walking Tour posted above? I was thinking I might try it this time if I get off the ship. There will be us (Allure of the Seas) and Carnival Breeze there at the same time so I am sure it will be crowded! :eek:

Thanks, good stuff!

Thanks. I'll be back there again on Dec. 5th. (exactly 1 year to the date when I was there on Celebrity Millennium) and from what I have seen in recent reviews it may have toned down a bit in regards to the overly aggressive tour sales by the locals outside the main exit gate. We'll see. ;)

Thanks. I'll be back there again on Dec. 5th. (exactly 1 year to the date when I was there on Celebrity Millennium) and from what I have seen in recent reviews it may have toned down a bit in regards to the overly aggressive tour sales by the locals outside the main exit gate. We'll see. ;)

Hi David-

I was with you on the 5 Dec cruise on the Millenium--a GREAT time! :D I've decided to go back on the 15 Dec Connie. Will you be returning before the 14th? If so, would you give details of the port if you venture off? I'm thinking of heading off on my own this time-so would especially like to know of the safety and annoying salesmen factors ;)

Thanks!

Deb

Hi David-

I was with you on the 5 Dec cruise on the Millenium--a GREAT time! :D I've decided to go back on the 15 Dec Connie. Will you be returning before the 14th? If so, would you give details of the port if you venture off? I'm thinking of heading off on my own this time-so would especially like to know of the safety and annoying salesmen factors ;)

Thanks!

Deb

HI DEB!

Yes, that was a superb cruise last year on an amazing ship. And I am so jealous of you going on the beautiful Celebrity Constellation. Wow!!! I really wanted to book her for December but she was coming back from Europe too late, too close to the Christmas holiday break. :(

Lucky us going back to Falmouth. :rolleyes: With the Carnival Breeze also being there in port with me (yikes!) you can imagine what it will be like with 9000+ passengers possibly hitting the RCI dock facility and the town itself! I'm sure it will be a nightmare.

If I escape the death grips ;) of Allure of the Seas and make it into town I'll make sure to come back to this thread with comments. I'll have to earmark it on my Tapatalk for easy and quick reference because the very day I return from Allure (Dec. 9th) I jump over to Terminal 2 and embark on Ruby Princess. Yea! This gives me sort of a 14-night B2B doing Western and Eastern Caribbean. Haven't ever done a B2B on two different ships before. Should be interesting!

Looking forward to the Sail Away in Fort Lauderdale. I really enjoyed leaving out of Miami last year because of the long ship channel and the causeway full of cars next to the water with all the cars honking. So much fun! Maybe it will be as much fun out of FLL too.

I don't know if you ever saw my pictures but here is a link to our departure last year. It also includes some arrival pictures since I was also doing a B2B last year and that was my Turn-Around Day.

You can also link to other sets from there showing more pics of our cruise and the ship. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Falmouth and Club Nazz. The Allure of the Seas and Carnival Breeze are both docked here and it's a bit crazy. Not sure if it will be a fair comparison but the aggression level of the local tour sales vendors outside of the main exit gate of the RCI compound has definitely been knocked down quite a few pegs. I left the ship about 10:45am and had no issues getting through without a problem. No one followed me or hassled me. A big difference from last year. Using the $2 WiFi (cheaper than last year) at Club Nazz and it's a decent speed. Will try and post pictures after I get home from my B2B cruise.

Greetings from Falmouth and Club Nazz. The Allure of the Seas and Carnival Breeze are both docked here and it's a bit crazy. Not sure if it will be a fair comparison but the aggression level of the local tour sales vendors outside of the main exit gate of the RCI compound has definitely been knocked down quite a few pegs. I left the ship about 10:45am and had no issues getting through without a problem. No one followed me or hassled me. A big difference from last year. Using the $2 WiFi (cheaper than last year) at Club Nazz and it's a decent speed. Will try and post pictures after I get home from my B2B cruise.

That is what I noticed, granted that was my first time there, but it did not feel how people used to described it. I am sure they are trying to educate the people, so that more tourists go into town.

It's great to hear the sales agression has been turned down a couple of notches!! Sounds like I can actually get into town this time. Last year, the throng looked like the videos of Walmart stores on black Friday. December 15--here I come:D

Thanks sooo much for the update!!

Thanks for your posts David.... I board on December 16th and am really looking forward to it.

I booked a tour with Pete Taylor to go to Dunns River Falls in Falmouth. Do you know anything about this company?

Lori

Sorry, I don't know anything about any of the independent tour companies in Jamaica. :(

I'm glad the updated info helped. Like I mentioned the Carnival Breeze was in port with us too and she got there a coupe of hours before we did so I don't know if that helped or effected the way things went at the main gate as far as aggressive tour sales and thinning out the local vendors ahead of time.

I do hope everyone enjoys themselves while in Falmouth!

• 3 weeks later...

Used the WiFi again at Club Nazz when I was there this month. It was only 2$ and hour if you're not eating there and located upstairs from the restaurant area. Pretty good connection but slow if a lot of people are there and using streaming. Will try and get some pictures posted today from when I was there.

Edited by dmwnc1959

This album consists of pictures of the Allure of the Seas approach to Falmouth, the giant port shopping complex, and walking around downtown Falmouth.

Allure of the Seas - Falmouth, Dec. 5, 2012:

That white dot on the horizon is the Carnival Breeze docked at Falmouth

8304062704_61a5fddb3d_z.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

This album consists of pictures of the Allure of the Seas approach to Falmouth, the giant port shopping complex, and walking around downtown Falmouth.

Allure of the Seas - Falmouth, Dec. 5, 2012:

That white dot on the horizon is the Carnival Breeze docked at Falmouth

Very nice pics!

Very nice pics!

THANK YOU! Coming from you that's one heck of a compliment!!! :D

Starting tomorrow I'm going to upload the pictures from my cruise on the Allure of the Seas (Dec. 2-9, 2012) but in the mean time if you want to check out some of my other pics here are the ones from the second half of that B2B when I cruised Ruby Princess (Dec. 9-16, 2012) the day I disembarked Allure. Hope you enjoy them!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752955

• 3 weeks later...
Just noticed on google maps there is a walkway from the port behind the docked ship that leads to 5 small piers.

Is this area private or can tourists walk down to the 5 small piers.

like to walk by the water anytime I can.

As ahecht alluded to in another post this is the thread with details on self guided walking tours and maps of the Falmouth area.

Edited by dmwnc1959

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Also on the back of the map I picked up was a Self Guided Walking Tour of Falmouth with points of interest. On the tour map at the bottom right hand corner it does indicate that the self guided walking tour beings within the cruise port compound! This then would definitely keep you from having to exit out the main gate and manage your way through that 'scene'. Not sure what it is like once you exit the walkway that 'winds along the waterfront' but it has to beat the other option. You'll also eventually pass by Club Nazz along the tour route so you can stop in for a soda or bottled water and some cheap internet.

Walking Tour

8080101772_f96819b796_c.jpg

Note that after you walk along the waterfront you will get to a locked gate just before Fort Balcarres and have to turn around and go back to the port. You cannot get into town this way unless you are on one of the official guided tours.