Changing Room Categories

doubledobles

We are booking another cruise for Dec. 2013 and wanted a PH3 near the elevator bank , specifically because I walk with a cane and it would be easier for me to be in 10035 or around that area. Our TA told us that they are reconfiguring the room categories and 10035 etc. will become a PH2 and the PH3's will be at the front of the ship. Has anyone else run into this yet?

I'm booked on a back-to-back cruise starting on 11/18/13 and ending 12/12/13.

I booked a PH3, #10036 earlier, and on 10/10/12 when the new catalogue arrived, I booked the 2nd part of the cruise. I was told that #10036 was now a PH2. I was now forced to pay $400 more to stay in the same cabin for the 2nd part of the trip. How's that for good customer relations? All calls from me and my TA to Oceania Customer Service have been ignored.

I'm booked on a back-to-back cruise starting on 11/18/13 and ending 12/12/13.

I booked a PH3, #10036 earlier, and on 10/10/12 when the new catalogue arrived, I booked the 2nd part of the cruise. I was told that #10036 was now a PH2. I was now forced to pay $400 more to stay in the same cabin for the 2nd part of the trip. How's that for good customer relations? All calls from me and my TA to Oceania Customer Service have been ignored.

I see the Dec 12th cruise & the difference in price is $100. pp between a PH3 & PH2

hardly worth the stress

if the price is an issue just book another PH3 & move cabin

You will get a B2B discount on the cruises so that should offset some of the cost

Lyn

I booked 10044 for Sept 2013 at PH3 level. I paid the deposit. Hope that means I am locked in at the PH3 cost and they won't make me pay the PH2 cost?

I believe the new categories /pricing go into effect with the new itineraries (Dec 2013 +)

Someone will correct me if I am wrong

lyn

You are correct. The new pricing/categories went into effect with the new catalogue for cruises starting on or after 12/3/2013. The new price applies to the 2nd part of our cruise which in our case is $400 additional, discounted to $200 or $100 per person, not a lot of money in the scheme of things. It is not enough of a reason to change cabins, which at this stage would give us a less desirable location for the first part of our cruise, assuming we stayed in the same cabin.

My point in this whole thing is the lack of care by the Oceania representatives. This is not our first cruise and we have completed or booked at least 7 cruises on Prestige Cruises (Regent and Oceania). In these days where cruise lines are doing all sorts of discounting to fill cabins you would think there would be a greater sensitivity to their customers

You are correct. The new pricing/categories went into effect with the new catalogue for cruises starting on or after 12/3/2013. The new price applies to the 2nd part of our cruise which in our case is $400 additional, discounted to $200 or $100 per person, not a lot of money in the scheme of things. It is not enough of a reason to change cabins, which at this stage would give us a less desirable location for the first part of our cruise, assuming we stayed in the same cabin.

My point in this whole thing is the lack of care by the Oceania representatives. This is not our first cruise and we have completed or booked at least 7 cruises on Prestige Cruises (Regent and Oceania). In these days where cruise lines are doing all sorts of discounting to fill cabins you would think there would be a greater sensitivity to their customers

Maybe keep trying & they will waive the $100 pp just because you have sailed with them so many times :rolleyes:

Enjoy the cruise

Why is a PH2 better than a3 and likewise why is a 1 better than a 2 ?

In looking at Marina and Riveria it appears the upper decks are in more direct shadow from the super structures above IE: pool deck. Whereas cabins on deck 8 and even more so deck appear to be much more sunny.

Is than true?

Well,my travel agent came through and convinced Oceania that it would be good customer relations to not change the cabin category in the middle of a back-to-back cruise. I will pay PH3 prices and be in a newly christened PH2 cabin for the entire booking.

By-the-way, there is no significant difference in the PH suites. Other than location PH1, 2, & 3 are exactly the same in size, comfort and amenities.

There is nothing like a good travel agent.

Archived