Live from The Navigator- Oct. 14-24

ladymadeline

Great day, topped off by "Kruz Kapers" in the theater. Love this show. My favorite, of course, is Elvis, our Gallileo bartender.

Lady Madeline,

So glad you had a wonderful cruise with great weather.

I hope Elvis will be on in two weeks in Miami. He is so fun!!.

Bfson & jcross2, hope you have a fabulous cruise and will send us seamail, too!!!

Lady Madeline, I have so enjoyed all your posts. What a great cruise, made me relive my own there on the Navigator a couple of years ago. That weather sure does get in the way sometimes, we learn to get around it, and return to the the ship, grateful to be able to do these trips!

Thank you so much for taking me back!

We're home! Disembarkation was a breeze. We were off the ship and on a bus in no time. The bad part was purely the fault of Delta airlines - it took us two hours to get checked in - they had only three agents at first, and after the line had upwards of 50+ passengers, they added three more agents. After that, smooth flying. Arrived in Grand Rapids, Michigan yesterday around 5:00 PM and then had another 4 hours to drive to Petoskey. (That is one of my pet peeves with Regent's air fare program - they used to allow us to go out of Traverse City, which is only an hour away).

Unpacking, sorting laundry, evaluating what we wore and didn't need, etc... Sunny and 70 degrees today and they're predicting 40 degrees tomorrow!!

Would love to find out how the group on Navigator is doing right now, with the so-called "Frankenmonster" storm heading toward them. Stay safe.

Lady M.

I am sure it has been a glorious day in Quebec City. I was so proud of myself going up the 310 steps to the top of the fort and then back down! The people running it didn't even take away my pride. Does anyone know where the Navigator is due to be on Tuesday? Watching the path of the storm and feel I am "with them".

Does anyone know where the Navigator is due to be on Tuesday? Watching the path of the storm and feel I am "with them".

According to the website, the Navigator will be in Halifax on Tuesday. Hopefully not quite in the path of Sandy. We can hope and pray all will be safe.

We chatted with a crew member before we disembarked and he said they would do one of two two things if "Sandy" approaches too close:

1. Sit it out in a port for a day or two,

2. Go way out to sea and head south, skirting the storm.

Let's see what they do.

Lady M

We were on the cruise last week--and thanks to Lady M for posting along the way! I will post a short summary in a couple of days. I echo Lady M's experiences.....we had a wonderful time on this cruise.:)

At this point I want to wish everyone onboard the Navigator a safe journey, considering the storm that is heading up the coast. (We will even be impacted here in the Syracuse area, from all forecasts.)

It may put people's minds at ease to know that Halifax is considered one of the safest harbors in the world, so if that is where the Nav is on Tuesday, and Captain Daniel decides to wait out the storm there, then not to worry. Rest assured that he and his staff will make the best decision for everyone's safety and will find safe harbor no matter where they are.

Archived