Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

When we were there a few weeks ago, they had signs outside of a brick building at the end of one of the shopping strips. It looked Open so we went in but it wasn't "open-open". They had pictures on the walls but no tables, etc. It looked too small to be a Margaritaville to us though. You could take pictures on the Margaritaville props there.

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D383788%3A9%3C%3A32%3Anu0mrj

Thank you for posting! :) Yeah that does look small for a Margaritaville...

Oh, your not that far from us.....we're in Bordentown.

Not far at all! I work in Princeton so I pass Bordentown every day :)

We are booked on the Allure on January 13.

Can you tell me if the Market Place in Falmouth Jamaica is close to the port or do we have to get a taxi into town?

The food photos are marvelous. Mmmm good enough to eat. This is going to be such a cruise we are so excited about it. Just wish we could get a decent air fare from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale without paying an arm and a leg and a piece of toast. LOL.

The shopping area in my review is part of the port area, so once you walk off the ship you're right there. Enjoy!

Our day in Cozumel was very laid-back. Originally, we planned to hire a driver for a few hours through Tours Plaza, finishing our day at a beach. My best friends and I toured with Alberto, one of their drivers, when we sailed the Liberty in March. Check out my review (link in my signature) if you want to take a look at what we did that day. I can't say enough great things about this company. We had a fabulous time with them, and the booking process was so easy.

I say all that to say that once I realized I couldn't tolerate the Caribbean sun for too long without being able to reach a pool or the ocean quickly, we emailed Tours Plaza (I think on Monday) to cancel our day with them. I really wanted to go but the health of the baby was far more important. They were gracious and noted that they had people on a wait list for a tour with them that day, so no worries. I was relieved since I don't like cancelling private tours. I was glad someone could go in our place.

Anyway, we decided to spend the day at Mr. Sancho's All-Inclusive beach resort. They are bookable through cozumelwatersports dot com.

We had our room service breakfast with this beautiful sunrise in front of us:

Allure20121086.jpg

Allure20121089.jpg

We walked through the pier and shopping area to get to the taxi stand. Don't follow the taxi signs....at a certain point they'll steer you to the right when you should go left. If you follow the signs, you'll end up in the car rental area...and it's a dead end...no worries, you'll find your way out eventually! :rolleyes:

Allure20121098.jpg

Allure20121099.jpg

Allure20121101.jpg

After a quick, 15-minute ride, we reached Mr. Sancho's. I showed them our tickets, and we received wristbands that let the staff know we had access to the All-Inclusive Side. Wes loved the property right away.

Allure20121106.jpg

Allure20121107.jpg

Because we were pretty early, we were able to snag a cabana. You can either purchase the Romance Package which includes a cabana, or you can get there early since they're first come, first serve. The cushion is not fabric, so you'll want to bring some towels to spread over the surface. It was really comfortable, especially since the mattress actually swings back and forth if you want it to. Wes napped quite a bit there :)

Someone's very happy....

Allure20121108.jpg?t=1351526247

Allure20121109.jpg

We had an attendant, I think his name was Eduardo. He was fantastic. As soon as we settled into the cabana, he asked if we wanted anything to drink. Wes asked for a Coke, and he asked, "With rum, buddy?" Yeah, they get you started with the drinks right away, lol. He ordered a rum and Coke. Thinking about the last time he had one at the Hyatt, he asked for more Coke than rum. I pointed to my tummy and said, how about a Miami Vice without the alcohol? :p And off he went to fill our orders.

Here's the menu. Everything is included if you pay the AI fee (unless it's marked otherwise).

Allure20121114.jpg?t=1351526555

Allure20121113.jpg?t=1351526350

We had an attendant, I think his name was Eduardo. He was fantastic. As soon as we settled into the cabana, he asked if we wanted anything to drink. Wes asked for a Coke, and he asked, "With rum, buddy?" Yeah, they get you started with the drinks right away, lol. He ordered a rum and Coke. Thinking about the last time he had one at the Hyatt, he asked for more Coke than rum. I pointed to my tummy and said, how about a Miami Vice without the alcohol? :p And off he went to fill our orders.

Here's the menu. Everything is included if you pay the AI fee (unless it's marked otherwise).

Wow Mr. Sanchos looks great. We may consider going there on our Oasis cruise next April.

How early were you there to snag the cabana?

Great review and pics by the way.:)

Wow Mr. Sanchos looks great. We may consider going there on our Oasis cruise next April.

How early were you there to snag the cabana?

Great review and pics by the way.:)

Thank you! We left the ship around 10, so I guess we got there around 10:45? It was pretty quiet most of the time, especially since there were only two ships in port.

Thank you! He can't wait to meet his son. He has that grin whenever I mention the baby, it's so sweet. And I agree with you- we can never have too many shoes or too much sparkle :-D

lol! Can you explain that to my hubby please!!!!! :D I just bought some shoes for the formal nights (or at least one of them) and he just rolled his eyes and muttered something about me having too many shoes!!! :D (my shoes usually just consist of sneakers - not a good look for formal night!)

lol! Can you explain that to my hubby please!!!!! :D I just bought some shoes for the formal nights (or at least one of them) and he just rolled his eyes and muttered something about me having too many shoes!!! :D (my shoes usually just consist of sneakers - not a good look for formal night!)

Ha! Cruises are a great excuse to shop! :p:)

The winds are picking up around here so I may pick this review back up tomorrow. Hoping the power stays on! To everyone in the storm area- stay safe and dry!

Edited by Host Faith

Hi, just want to say we hope all you who live on the east coast of US are safe and well after Sandy has caused so much Havoc. We hope you and your families can get your lives back to normal ASAP hopefully without too much damage to your families, properties and communities. STAY SAFE. Our thoughts are with you. XxxxxX

Ha! Cruises are a great excuse to shop! :p:)

The winds are picking up around here so I may pick this review back up tomorrow. Hoping the power stays on! To everyone in the storm area- stay safe and dry!

Be Safe up there. Check in and let us know how you doing when you can!

Good Morning All! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Thankfully, our house is fine. Electricity went out for a few minutes last night, but came back on within 5 minutes. We're okay, no damage done :). Prayers for everyone affected by the storm.

Mr. Sancho's is a really nice place. There are tables with chairs and umbrellas where you can have lunch, as well as lounge chairs close to the water line. There's also a swim-up bar in the pool, and a jacuzzi. We pretty much swam, ate, slept, and repeated. A great day!

Allure20121115.jpg

Allure20121116.jpg

Allure20121121.jpg

Allure20121123.jpg

Allure20121126.jpg

Allure20121127.jpg