Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Faith loved this thread. Cannot wait to do a photo review my self next year. I'm going on the Allure in May with my best friend, our first one. I do professional photography so it makes it that much more exciting. Thanks for sharing!

If you do a photo review I look forward to this, I just started getting into photography.

thanks for the wonderful review. I had been looking forward to this review because my wife, friends and family members will be sailing the same ports soon (not soon enough). Love how thorough you are and have already given us ideas for our cruise.

Also congratulation to you and Wes on the addition to your family. What a lucky child to have you both for parents.

PS. We are also from South Jersey near Philadelphia

Edited by love to read

Just popping in to say, "THANK YOU" for this amazing review!

:)

My pleasure! :D

I had the Surf and Turf this night in the dining room and the petit filet was great on my recent Explorer cruise.

As always....loving your review with pictures...great job :)

Donna

Thank you Donna! Yeah I considered that too, but beef seemed a little heavy to me that day. Maybe next time :)

COLD! Above freezing, but we received 8 inches of snow on Monday night/Tuesday. We had fun though - made 2 huge snowmen and a snowdog (courtesy of my middle child). :) It's all melted now, and I'm ready for spring. LOL Thankfully, our cruise is in just under 2 weeks!

Great pictures and review... I don't want it to end.

Goodness 8 inches of snow?! I'm sure you handled it like pros out there though. Lucky you get to sail the Liberty in a few weeks! I love that ship. Hoping you'll do a review when you get back? ;):D

Faith loved this thread. Cannot wait to do a photo review my self next year. I'm going on the Allure in May with my best friend, our first one. I do professional photography so it makes it that much more exciting. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Felicia! I would love to see your photos when you get back. Please come back and let us know what you thought of the cruise!

~Chrystal

Hi Chrystal,

I'm loving you review of your trip. I'm thinking about booking allure:D

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother

Congrats on the new baby

Thank you so much! Book the Allure, go, go, go! :D

thanks for the wonderful review. I had been looking forward to this review because my wife, friends and family members will be sailing the same ports soon (not soon enough). Love how thorough you are and have already given us ideas for our cruise.

Also congratulation to you and Wes on the addition to your family. What a lucky child to have you both for parents.

PS. We are also from South Jersey near Philadelphia

Hey neighbor! Thank you so much :). I'm glad the review gave you some ideas in the ports. I hope all is well in your area after the hurricane. I know a lot of people further north who didn't fare so well. It was amazing actually, I think we were spared a lot of the damage since the hurricane's eye passed directly over us.

Sigh.....there's something so sad (but still happy) about the last morning on a cruise ship.

I woke up early, around 6:30 or so, to use the internet and to go to Guest Relations (at the far end of the Royal Promenade) at 7 AM. I took advantage of the quiet and took some more photos of the Promenade.

Allure20121202.jpg

Allure20121206.jpg

Allure20121210.jpg

Allure20121211.jpg

Until this point, we had a cash account. I put some more cash down, and also gave my check card to be used toward anything over the cash amount we had in our balance. I didn't want to have to settle the cash account later that day, waiting in a long line. My strategy worked since there was only one other person at Guest Relations that early in the morning. In 30 seconds I was on my way.

Allure20121215.jpg

Princess Fiona is the Allure's godmother.

Allure20121216.jpg

Goodness 8 inches of snow?! I'm sure you handled it like pros out there though. Lucky you get to sail the Liberty in a few weeks! I love that ship. Hoping you'll do a review when you get back? ;):D

We don't normally get much snow where I live, but I'm originally from Upstate NY and know all about lake effect snow! We survived quite well. ;)

I haven't been on Liberty, but I loved Freedom! Probably my favorite class ship - along with Oasis Class. I may write a review... we shall see!

Hey, Chrystal! I loved reading your review of your Girls' Trip (made me totally jealous- I have always wanted to take a girls' trip ANYWHERE!) and I really looked forward to reading your Allure review, even though it was going to take place after my own Allure cruise. Sure enough, this review has been great! I love your pictures- they're always gorgeous, and they brought back so many memories of my family's trip. And they make me completely convinced I MUST visit Coz someday. Your formal night pic of you and hubs looking at your tummy was so cute it made me tear up, no kidding. You are a beautiful couple- you look so happy together.

Congratulations on your little one, and so sorry for your family's loss. I just lost my last Grandmother in February of this year, so I know how much it stinks.

Like you, I don't know how long it will be before I'll be blessed to be able to cruise again, but I hope and pray I'll get to take my parents on Allure in a couple of years. I'd LOVE to write a review of that trip! :)

Thanks again so much for sharing your trip!!

Near the Windjammer (or one deck down, I can't remember), there's a model of the Allure of the Seas, and around it the history of the innovations in Royal's ship designs. There are some photos of the Song of Norway as well. Worth a few minutes of your time to take a look.

Allure20121265.jpg

Allure20121251.jpg

Allure20121250.jpg

Allure20121266.jpg

Allure20121252.jpg

I decided to go back down to the Promenade before heading to the room. Grabbed myself a cup of hot chocolate and some madelines. I added some of the vanilla powder they had available and it made the hot chocolate even better.

Allure20121272.jpg

Back in the room, Wes was still asleep, so I played some music with my headphones on the balcony, read on my Kindle, and enjoyed the spectacular sunrise.

Allure20121276.jpg

Allure20121279.jpg

Allure20121282.jpg

Allure20121285.jpg

Thanks for the great review and pictures!

My pleasure! :)

We don't normally get much snow where I live, but I'm originally from Upstate NY and know all about lake effect snow! We survived quite well. ;)

I haven't been on Liberty, but I loved Freedom! Probably my favorite class ship - along with Oasis Class. I may write a review... we shall see!

I'm glad you were able to fare well in the storm! Either way, enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks so much for another great review!

I loved your pictures and comments.

It was also very helpful to see the new menus. I really appreciate your time and effort!

Thanks relaxatsea! I'm glad the menus were helpful. :)

Hey, Chrystal! I loved reading your review of your Girls' Trip (made me totally jealous- I have always wanted to take a girls' trip ANYWHERE!) and I really looked forward to reading your Allure review, even though it was going to take place after my own Allure cruise. Sure enough, this review has been great! I love your pictures- they're always gorgeous, and they brought back so many memories of my family's trip. And they make me completely convinced I MUST visit Coz someday. Your formal night pic of you and hubs looking at your tummy was so cute it made me tear up, no kidding. You are a beautiful couple- you look so happy together.

Congratulations on your little one, and so sorry for your family's loss. I just lost my last Grandmother in February of this year, so I know how much it stinks.

Like you, I don't know how long it will be before I'll be blessed to be able to cruise again, but I hope and pray I'll get to take my parents on Allure in a couple of years. I'd LOVE to write a review of that trip! :)

Thanks again so much for sharing your trip!!

Hi OklaCruiserMom! I enjoyed your Allure trip report too! Thank you so much for your kind words. And yes, Cozumel is a place you must visit! Before the Liberty, I wasn't all that interested in Cozumel, but I fell in love with the island once we spent some time there. It's beautiful.

I hope to take my Mom on the Allure someday. She really wants to go. So once our little guy can walk I think we're going to try and make it happen. Happy cruising to you! :)

Thanks for your review and fabulous pictures. I didn't see where you posted any Compass "Evening Planner's" for activities that begin at 6pm or later do you still have these I would love to see them.

Hi Lorey! I'll check and see if I have them. :)