Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Hi Chrystal! I'm so glad to be finally caught up on your review! You look gorgeous in your dress!

Thank you so much! I've been a little incognito lately so I have a lot of catching up to do on your review!

Hi Hope Faith, You do a wonderful review of you cruises. I just got this one finished and started reading sometime in October LOVED IT!!! I found you through your review of the LOS cruise with your girlfriends and I equally loved that review.

First, I am so sorry about your grandmother's passing I know how difficult that is.

Second, Congratulations on your expected baby boy - whohoo, that is so exciting.

Third, You are absolutely beautiful and Wes is equally attractive and you make a lovely couple.

Please post back to give us all updates on the pregnacy and arrival.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We can't wait to meet our little guy. I'm 30 weeks now and he's kicking away. I'll keep everyone posted :)

As usual, the morning of departure was a sad one. We woke up pretty early and went to the Park Cafe for breakfast. I think we went there around 6:30 AM. I wish we had stopped in there a couple times during the cruise. Breakfast was very good! They had bagels with toppings made-to-order, oatmeal, fruit, and various breakfast sandwiches. I had oatmeal, and sun-dried tomatoes, eggs, and Mexican Beans in a flour tortilla. It was delicious!

Allure20121587.jpg?t=1354572373

Allure20121588.jpg

Allure20121589.jpg

Allure20121590.jpg

Allure20121592.jpg

just started reading your trip report today and i'm already up to page 16 (end of your first sea day)....i can't put your report down (so to speak)..

thanks for taking the time to share it with us and all the spectacular pictures!!!

we just decided that we're going on the allure next year, so i've started reading up on it! :)

i really don't think 7 days is nearly enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it will have to suffice i suppose!!

and now i've forgotten the question i wanted to ask before i forget!! :eek:

hmmm...maybe it will come back to me...in the meantime, back to page 16 and labadee... (by the way, we'll be on the eastern)...

just started reading your trip report today and i'm already up to page 16 (end of your first sea day)....i can't put your report down (so to speak)..

thanks for taking the time to share it with us and all the spectacular pictures!!!

we just decided that we're going on the allure next year, so i've started reading up on it! :)

i really don't think 7 days is nearly enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it will have to suffice i suppose!!

and now i've forgotten the question i wanted to ask before i forget!! :eek:

hmmm...maybe it will come back to me...in the meantime, back to page 16 and labadee... (by the way, we'll be on the eastern)...

Thank you! And I agree- 7 days isn't enough! I would love to do a B2B on the Allure. Feel free to come back and post when you remember your question! :D

Thank you Chrystal & all other blog contributors. Great information & pictures. We are booked on Allure's Feb. 24/13 trip to W. Caribbean. I have started on page 33 & working backwards, making notes. With a ship this size, I'll need all the help {tips} I can get. :D

I haven't dwelled into the posts + ports yet, so this question might be redundant. Does anyone know if RCL's port in Jamaica is finished yet or should I be looking for an excursion?

Thanks & have a Merry Christmas.

Marilyn

• 3 weeks later...
What a great review!! I never would have considered such a large ship, but you have made me reconsider!:D I look forward to viewing your other reviews.

I pray all goes well with the new addition to your family!:)

Thank you so much! I think the Allure is worth a try. You never know, you might really enjoy it. :)

Thank you Chrystal & all other blog contributors. Great information & pictures. We are booked on Allure's Feb. 24/13 trip to W. Caribbean. I have started on page 33 & working backwards, making notes. With a ship this size, I'll need all the help {tips} I can get. :D

I haven't dwelled into the posts + ports yet, so this question might be redundant. Does anyone know if RCL's port in Jamaica is finished yet or should I be looking for an excursion?

Thanks & have a Merry Christmas.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn! Have a wonderful cruise. Falmouth is complete. If you want some beach time, definitely book an excursion. Have fun!

Happy New Year to everyone! We've been so busy getting ready for our little one due next month. I just realized that I never finished this review! :o

After breakfast that morning, we chose to do the self-disembark. We had a 10:20 AM flight on Southwest, and didn't want to risk any issues leaving the ship. The process was very smooth, very easy. We left the ship at 7 AM, and were in a taxi by 7:30 AM. Two tips on doing the self-assist disembarkation:

1. Be sure you each have one piece of luggage. We saw several people with lots of bags, and not only does that slow you down, it slows everyone else down. PLUS, you have to take the elevator downstairs, and that can be a long wait. We were able to use the escalators with our suitcases. Easy and fast.

2. Even if you're not sure which deck the self-assist is using, just use the Gangway button in the elevator. The elevator will take you to the correct deck.

We went through customs and were on our way. I think we got to the airport a little before 8 AM. So on the Allure, I would be comfortable taking a flight home around 10 AM.

Thank you for reading, I hope you got some helpful information. Happy cruising to all of you!

~Chrystal

Hi Chrystal

I am new to this blog.

Your reviews are awesome. Hubby and I are sailing on Seranade of the Seas June 2013. 12 day Greek Meditteranean and can not wait. We have been on several cruises but mostly on Carnival. The last time we were on RCCL was almost 11 years ago on a Tom Joyner cruise.

I booked 9094 which I heard good things about because it was considered a hump room. Balcony not as big as 9092 but bigger than many. I realized a couple of months after booking, it is an adjoining room. Any thoughts? I could maybe change cabins but I am thinking the center of the ship and the larger balcony outweighs the possibility of noisy neighbor. And I figure if they are that noisy that could happen without an adjoining door.

The food looked soooooo good. Dieting now to get ready. LOL Curious if the food is different on a European cruise. Looking forward to the refurbished ship.

I Appreciate any tips for the Seranade. I will attempt to contribute great information and pics from our cruise.

Hi Chrystal

I am new to this blog.

Your reviews are awesome. Hubby and I are sailing on Seranade of the Seas June 2013. 12 day Greek Meditteranean and can not wait. We have been on several cruises but mostly on Carnival. The last time we were on RCCL was almost 11 years ago on a Tom Joyner cruise.

I booked 9094 which I heard good things about because it was considered a hump room. Balcony not as big as 9092 but bigger than many. I realized a couple of months after booking, it is an adjoining room. Any thoughts? I could maybe change cabins but I am thinking the center of the ship and the larger balcony outweighs the possibility of noisy neighbor. And I figure if they are that noisy that could happen without an adjoining door.

The food looked soooooo good. Dieting now to get ready. LOL Curious if the food is different on a European cruise. Looking forward to the refurbished ship.

I Appreciate any tips for the Seranade. I will attempt to contribute great information and pics from our cruise.

Hi cruiser! Welcome to Cruise Critic :)

I think our cabin was connected to another, and we weren't bothered by anyone next door. No noise issues that I can recall. It's pretty unlikely that you'll have any trouble. It sounds like you're going to have a great itinerary on a great ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Chyrstal,

I may have missed it in the saga that is this thread ;) Do you have a due date? Maybe by the time I get back from Allure they will have definite info on the Sunshine class, noting your cruising from NJ in 2014 signature.

I'm already planning my next Allure and have it will be from the perspective of 2nd time cruisers and what if anything has changed in 2 years, but I also have 2 things in mind that haven't been in any Allure reviews yet. If I do another MEET THE ALLURE CHAIRHOGS thread, I guess, I'll have to bars across the guilty's eyes. I have learned a lot from your reviews and others, can't wait to do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
The bar and lounge area before the dining room was beautiful!

Allure2012448.jpg

Allure2012449.jpg

We had the late seating for dinner, which worked out well for us. I emailed rcldining@rccl.com to request a table for two, by a window. We got a very courteous confirmation of our table number about one business day later. We were located on Deck 3, the Adagio dining room.

A lot of people don't see the point of having a table by the window that late in the evening, but we like being able to see the white froth on top of the waves passing by, and sometimes we can see the moon. Worth it to us.

Because our booking was last-minute, I assume there wasn't much wiggle room for them to place us in a prime location, so our table #312 was all the way in a back corner of the dining room. We were actually close to a private dining room they used (during our sailing) for storing extra serving items the wait staff needed. Not that big a deal since we enjoy being to ourselves during dinner. It was a nice, quiet corner.

We were excited to try the new menu:

Allure2012444.jpg

Allure2012445.jpg?t=1350651920

i love your review!!!

were you at a table for 2? or two people at a table for 4?

also, .....oh no...i just forgot my other question!! :eek:

Happy New Year to everyone! We've been so busy getting ready for our little one due next month. I just realized that I never finished this review! :o

After breakfast that morning, we chose to do the self-disembark. We had a 10:20 AM flight on Southwest, and didn't want to risk any issues leaving the ship. The process was very smooth, very easy. We left the ship at 7 AM, and were in a taxi by 7:30 AM. Two tips on doing the self-assist disembarkation:

1. Be sure you each have one piece of luggage. We saw several people with lots of bags, and not only does that slow you down, it slows everyone else down. PLUS, you have to take the elevator downstairs, and that can be a long wait. We were able to use the escalators with our suitcases. Easy and fast.

2. Even if you're not sure which deck the self-assist is using, just use the Gangway button in the elevator. The elevator will take you to the correct deck.

We went through customs and were on our way. I think we got to the airport a little before 8 AM. So on the Allure, I would be comfortable taking a flight home around 10 AM.

Thank you for reading, I hope you got some helpful information. Happy cruising to all of you!

~Chrystal

Hi, Chrystal.

I thought it was just me, Lol. No one else said anything but I was wondering what I missed because I didn't see the final installment to the review. Thanks for finishing it.

Good luck with your delivery.

i love your review!!!

were you at a table for 2? or two people at a table for 4?

also, .....oh no...i just forgot my other question!! :eek:

Thanks! We were at a table for 4, but requested that we be the only people at that table. I guess they ran out of tables for 2 ;)

Thanks! We were at a table for 4, but requested that we be the only people at that table. I guess they ran out of tables for 2 ;)

so in other words, if i ask for a table for 4 near a window, there's a chance i might get it because they actually do exist! :)

and now for a completely unrelated to the allure question - i just got to your johny rockets post..

what's the difference between a malt and a shake?

i'm a big fan of chocolate shakes (best one? 50's prime time cafe in disney world)...

but i've never had a malt and haven't a clue what it is...

maybe we didn't have them growing up in detroit? :eek:

so in other words, if i ask for a table for 4 near a window, there's a chance i might get it because they actually do exist! :)

and now for a completely unrelated to the allure question - i just got to your johny rockets post..

what's the difference between a malt and a shake?

i'm a big fan of chocolate shakes (best one? 50's prime time cafe in disney world)...

but i've never had a malt and haven't a clue what it is...

maybe we didn't have them growing up in detroit? :eek:

If it's just two of you, I would request a table for 2 by a window. If they run out of actual tables for 2, they'll do their best to get you a table by yourselves near a window, which is what happened to us. The chocolate malt is still a milkshake; they add malted powder to the shake to change the flavor a little bit. Tastes like a Whopper (chocolate candy). I love that flavor.

one more thing - i've been reading the cruise critic member reviews of the allure - there are zillions of them ...

it's just amazing, as well as scary, how different the reviews are for the same ship and often for the very same cruise..

Yeah the Allure is one of those ships you have to experience yourself. Then again, you're more likely to have a better experience if you take the time to plan a bit, or at least do some research. There's so much to see it can become overwhelming. It is amazing how so many people can experience the same thing and have different opinions about their experience. Then again, we're all coming from so many different points of view, so that's bound to happen. In our opinion, the Allure is a great ship. We look forward to sailing her again sometime.

Hi Bill, I'm due in early February. Busy getting ready for his arrival!

Realizing we've never met, but knowing we have read each other's reviews, I just have to tell you, I just found out our only daughter is pregnant with their first child who will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family. She is due in Sept, so now my next review may include shopping for souveniers for a baby :D

Yeah the Allure is one of those ships you have to experience yourself. Then again, you're more likely to have a better experience if you take the time to plan a bit, or at least do some research. There's so much to see it can become overwhelming. It is amazing how so many people can experience the same thing and have different opinions about their experience. Then again, we're all coming from so many different points of view, so that's bound to happen. In our opinion, the Allure is a great ship. We look forward to sailing her again sometime.

it's probably true of all ships and cruises...

i took my mom and sister on the Disney Dream this past October.

After i booked it, i started seeing really terrible reviews of the Dream - the food in the dining rooms, service, etc.

so i was terrified my mom and sister wouldn't like it..

which is why i was so pleasantly surprised at how wonderful everything was, including the main dining room food, which was absolutely outstanding!!!!

so it's probably often true that you just have to take all those bad reviews with a grain of salt and keep an open mind...

everyone has different expectations and tolerances.

i'm really excited about the prospect of going on the allure - we haven't booked yet...i'm waiting for after final payment in hopes of getting a price reduction....i really don't care what room i have, i'm not planning on spending a lot of time there...in any case, for this cruise, price is the key, so i'll give up on my normally requisite balcony (unless there's a great deal)...

one of the things i'm most looking forward to is being able to be a nightowl on the allure...

on the disney ships, everything closes down at night (except of course, room service)....i like to be able to wander around a ship in the middle of the night with some place to go....that's possible on the allure!

Edited by alaska_planner

Hi, Chrystal.

I thought it was just me, Lol. No one else said anything but I was wondering what I missed because I didn't see the final installment to the review. Thanks for finishing it.

Good luck with your delivery.

Haha! Thank you! Any day now :)