Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

First, we were given warm bread to dip into Extra Virgin Olive Oil with fresh parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar.

I ordered the Caprese Salad, Risotto, and the Stuffed Chicken Breast. Wes ordered the Frittura Mista, Lentil Soup, and the Steak. We loved everything, and the seafood was a stand-out item. I strongly suggest going to Giovanni's for lunch and getting the Frittura Mista. It's not available at dinner.

Allure20121358.jpg

Allure20121364.jpg

Allure20121365.jpg

Allure20121370.jpg

I was determined to get some cotton candy from the Boardwalk (I saw it on the first sea day), so we headed over there. They were selling popcorn and cotton candy- yum! With those smells in the air and the hot dogs cooking across the way, it really did smell like an actual boardwalk/carnival!

Allure20121386.jpg

Allure20121389.jpg

Allure20121387.jpg

Allure20121390.jpg

Allure20121391.jpg

Allure20121393.jpg

Loved your review and formal dress! Where did you get it? I'm cruising in January aboard Freedom and am having a hard time finding a nice dress for the formal evenings. Also, any specific advice for cruising while pregnant?

Cruising on the Allure in May your review is excellent and makes looking forward to our cruise even more difficult. Lol.

Haha! Well the bright side is you have a cruise to look forward to! I remember the agony of waiting. It will all be worth it though :)

I saw the popcorn in the Boardwalk (actually we smelled it up on the sports deck), but I couldn't believe they charged for it!!

Yeah at first I was surprised, but then again if it were free, I imagine all the people and children scattering popcorn all over the deck. I guess the fee minimizes the mess! :eek::)

Loved your review and formal dress! Where did you get it? I'm cruising in January aboard Freedom and am having a hard time finding a nice dress for the formal evenings. Also, any specific advice for cruising while pregnant?

And forgot to mention I will 20 weeks when I cruise...darn pregnancy brain!

Congratulations!! How are you feeling so far?

Haha! I completely understand the pregnancy brain thing. I'm not as sharp as I used to be! Oh well, whatever the baby needs, he can take it :)

Anyway, I got all my dresses (formal and casual, and the black coverup) from destination maternity's website. They cover motherhood maternity and a Pea in the Pod. My navy and white bathing suit came from there too. If you sign up for their emails, you'll get coupon codes every once in a while. I waited for sales, and used a 30% off coupon code on top of that so I didn't really pay all that much for my dresses at all.

I also found some bathing suit separates from JCPenney.

Oh yeah, as for cruising while pregnant, there are a couple tips that helped me:

1. Make sure you have the doctor's note that states how far along you are when you sail, and that you're in good health.

2. Take it easy; don't try to do everything on the ship. If you need to take a nap, take one. If you want to go back to the stateroom and rest, do that. A balcony comes in handy so you can kick your feet up in the privacy of your room and enjoy the view while resting.

3. If you order a froo-froo drink, make sure you say, "No alcohol," instead of "virgin." Some of the staff might not know exactly what a virgin drink means, so to clear up the ambiguity I just said, "Labadoozie, no alcohol," and pointed to my tummy with a smile :p

4. Wear more sunscreen than you normally would. It's easier to burn when you're pregnant.

5. My midwife said Dramamine is ok to take, thankfully I didn't need to take it. I think the Allure is perfect for a babymoon since you don't feel the motion as much. You do feel it, but it's not as pronounced as on smaller ships.

6. Bring comfy shoes. I wore flip flops most of the time, and my feet would swell in the heat. Poor Wes had to buckle my formal night shoes since I couldn't reach down to do them myself. Such a good guy.

7. Dresses are the way to go. They're easy to put on, easy to pack, more comfortable in the heat, and less restricting than capris or shorts. The only time I wore pants was on the days we flew down there and back. I wore a casual dress every day, and a maxi or sundress every evening and felt wonderful.

8. It feels so good to float around in the water in that hot sun. That's just about all I did each day.

9. Take formal night pictures. You don't have to buy them, but you'll probably end up with some nice photos. The photographers are happy to see you since they can help you try some different poses, and you being there kind of breaks up their normal routine ;)

10. I would take note of how tired you get in the evenings now, and book the shows around that. I made the mistake of booking all the late showings, knowing that I go to bed around 9 or so at home. We ended up switching to the early seatings when we got on the ship, so we could see the show, go to dinner, then go to bed.

Other than that, relax, take your time, and have fun! I hope these help! Have a great time :)

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. You gave us quite a tour of the ship with your pictures.:D

Thank you! :D

Loving your review!! What kind of camera are you using? (sorry if it's been asked already)

Thank you! I used a Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS.

I am still loving your review Chrystal and am looking ahead to 2014 to cruise the Allure. :D

I'm sure I'll need all that time to map out my day. lol.

Great review. I think you've definitely sold me on the Allure for 2014. I like to plan ahead lol.

Thank you! You two are so lucky to sail her in 2014! Plenty of time to plan too :D

We went back to the room and hung out on the balcony for a while. We saw another ship on the horizon. About an hour later, it caught up with us. Funny, we could see the camera lights flashing all over the ship as people took photos of the Allure. She must be an incredible sight at sea!

Allure20121414.jpg

Allure20121413.jpg

Allure20121416.jpg

Allure20121419.jpg

First, we were given warm bread to dip into Extra Virgin Olive Oil with fresh parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar.

I ordered the Caprese Salad, Risotto, and the Stuffed Chicken Breast. Wes ordered the Frittura Mista, Lentil Soup, and the Steak. We loved everything, and the seafood was a stand-out item. I strongly suggest going to Giovanni's for lunch and getting the Frittura Mista. It's not available at dinner.

Allure20121370.jpg

I also had the mushroom risotto at Giovanni's and it was probably my FAVORITE meal of the entire cruise! What I wouldn't do for more of their risotto! YUM!

I'm hoping my next trip into the Brito store doesn't cost me a fortune. My wife wants two pieces of that luggage. At least it wouldn't be hard to spot in the terminal.

Also currently sold on QVC.com for the same price as Macy's sale prices, plus shipping and handling. Available in 3 different prints.