Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Hi Chrystal,

I just found your thread tonight and spent the night reading the whole thing! Wow, it is fabulous! So detailed about every aspect! You didn't miss a thing! I dont think i saw anyone comment on Izumi. We were on Oasis and being admitted sushi snobs, DH and I agreed that it was very, very good! You make me want to go back on a "big" ship, even though I tend to like smaller ships! Congratulations on your pregnancy! And, thanks so much for an amazing review!:) ~Stacey

Sorry for hijacking your thread again Chrystal, just had to let you know that my sister has had her bubba. A little boy born at 9.40pm on Friday. So I'm a very excited Aunty!!

Wait you're Chrystal's sister?

If so that means Chrystal had her baby?

Congratulations Chrystal for your new born baby boy :)

I hope I did not get this wrong. :D

I hope I did not get this wrong. :D

:D 'Fraid so!!

No I'm not Chrystal's sister! lol

Trust me to turn this thread into confusion! Sorry Chrystal!

I told Chrystal about my sister expecting when she first started the thread, and then after my sister had the bub on Friday night, I got so excited that I had to share the news with Chrystal and anyone else who happened to read!!

Love the review, we sail the Allure in April and can't wait!! When you ordered breakfast in your room did you order it the night before or just that morning. How long did it take once you ordered it??

Thank you! Actually, we ordered three ways, depending on the day. You can order via the interactive screen the night before or the day of. You can also order via phone that morning. Either of those took about 30 minutes if we ordered that day. We did use the door tags for room service a couple times and that worked well. No matter the method, they would call you as your food was on the way, which I thought was a nice touch. Enjoy your cruise!

Sorry for hijacking your thread again Chrystal, just had to let you know that my sister has had her bubba. A little boy born at 9.40pm on Friday. So I'm a very excited Aunty!!

YAY!!! Congratulations, how exciting!!! Now go spoil him! :D:):)

We went back to the room and hung out on the balcony for a while. We saw another ship on the horizon. About an hour later, it caught up with us. Funny, we could see the camera lights flashing all over the ship as people took photos of the Allure. She must be an incredible sight at sea!

Allure20121416.jpg

Allure20121419.jpg

Chrystal this is really a GREAT review of your trip!! I have a few friends who are terrified of the water and they are missing what I would consider the trip that they will never forget. I plan on sending them the link to your review in the hopes that they can get a glimpse of what they're missing.

Good luck with the new born. :cool:

Chrystal - thank you again for your great review! We will sail this lovely lady in a short 6 days. Just got off Carnival Paradise and was shocked there were no hair dryers in the rooms. :eek:

For the life of me I can't remember what the hair dryers were like on the Allure and was hoping you could help. Are they built in? Good quality? Or should I bring my own.

Hi Chrystal,

I just found your thread tonight and spent the night reading the whole thing! Wow, it is fabulous! So detailed about every aspect! You didn't miss a thing! I dont think i saw anyone comment on Izumi. We were on Oasis and being admitted sushi snobs, DH and I agreed that it was very, very good! You make me want to go back on a "big" ship, even though I tend to like smaller ships! Congratulations on your pregnancy! And, thanks so much for an amazing review!:) ~Stacey

Hi Stacey! Thank you so much :)

We would love to sail the Allure again and I would like the chance to try the sushi at Izumi. That and a glass of wine would make the meal there perfect!

Chrystal this is really a GREAT review of your trip!! I have a few friends who are terrified of the water and they are missing what I would consider the trip that they will never forget. I plan on sending them the link to your review in the hopes that they can get a glimpse of what they're missing.

Good luck with the new born. :cool:

Thank you! I have some family members who are slowly coming around to the idea of cruising. I know they would have an amazing time once they got onboard. With every review, I think they get closer to booking. Don't give up!

Thank you very much for your review and pictures. I really enjoy your

writing style.

Sorry about your grand-ma and congratulations on your new baby.

Thank you! :)

Chrystal - thank you again for your great review! We will sail this lovely lady in a short 6 days. Just got off Carnival Paradise and was shocked there were no hair dryers in the rooms. :eek:

For the life of me I can't remember what the hair dryers were like on the Allure and was hoping you could help. Are they built in? Good quality? Or should I bring my own.

Hi Lanie! I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner. The hair dryers are fine if you have fine to medium hair. They do very little for my thick hair so I bring my own. Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Chrystal,

I have read all your reviews - you are sooo good!! Thanks for all of your picture.

I will cruise on Oasis next February, my 1st cruise ever and I can't wait. Even with the difference, I feel that I know the ship because of your wonderful picture.

Not sure if you answered this question already, so sorry if it's a repeated one... but what kind of camera do you use? The colors of your picutre are wonderful.

I just bought myself a camera, a small one, a Sony cyber shot H90 - not the best one but much better of what I had before!! I'm hoping I will be able to get nice pics bought a big memory card for it.

Thanks again for your review and congrats for the little boy to come soon - keep giving us update on how you are.

Hi Chrystal,

I have read all your reviews - you are sooo good!! Thanks for all of your picture.

I will cruise on Oasis next February, my 1st cruise ever and I can't wait. Even with the difference, I feel that I know the ship because of your wonderful picture.

Not sure if you answered this question already, so sorry if it's a repeated one... but what kind of camera do you use? The colors of your picutre are wonderful.

I just bought myself a camera, a small one, a Sony cyber shot H90 - not the best one but much better of what I had before!! I'm hoping I will be able to get nice pics bought a big memory card for it.

Thanks again for your review and congrats for the little boy to come soon - keep giving us update on how you are.

Hi Annie! Thank you so much. You're going to be spoiled sailing the Oasis for your first cruise! :)

As far as cameras go, I used a Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS. Have a great cruise!

After hanging out on the balcony for a while, we went to see the Dreamworks Parade again. We got to the Royal Promenade about 20 minutes early, and grabbed a spot on the deck above, in the photo kiosk area. We were right across from the Schooner Bar. We had a nice view of everything going on.

Allure20121425.jpg

Allure20121443.jpg

Allure20121447.jpg

Allure20121463.jpg

Allure20121479.jpg

Allure20121492.jpg

After the parade, we visited the Boardwalk one last time. They had a quick fountain show in the Aquatheatre (think the Bellagio Fountains in Vegas- on a much smaller scale), and we had dinner at Johnny Rockets.

Allure20121531.jpg

Allure20121533.jpg

Allure20121537.jpg

Allure20121546.jpg

Allure20121548.jpg

We sat outside on the Boardwalk for dinner. For those of you who are wondering- we prepaid all of our gratuities at Guest Services the day before. The menu for the last night in the MDR wasn't that appealing to us at the time, so we decided to enjoy JR's one last time ;):

Allure20121580.jpg

Allure20121581.jpg

Allure20121583.jpg

Allure20121576.jpg

Thank you Chrystal for your lovely report and all the pictures! I have been trying to decide on a ship/cruise line for my next cruise, and looking at the pictures on the CCL forum and comparing the ships to RCCL. I guess CCL decor is okay for some, but personally, I just feel I am more of a calm, elegant, uncluttered RCCL type! I like to relax on my cruises! Good luck with that baby! I am sure he will be a mountain of joy for you and Wes! :)

Thank you Chrystal for your lovely report and all the pictures! I have been trying to decide on a ship/cruise line for my next cruise, and looking at the pictures on the CCL forum and comparing the ships to RCCL. I guess CCL decor is okay for some, but personally, I just feel I am more of a calm, elegant, uncluttered RCCL type! I like to relax on my cruises! Good luck with that baby! I am sure he will be a mountain of joy for you and Wes! :)

Thank you so much! I agree with you, Royal is much more our speed. Happy cruising to you! :)

And now, for a very girly moment....I LOVED my formal night dress. LOVED it. I didn't think I would be able to find something that didn't look like a potato sack, lol. Most formal maternity dresses I saw looked like they wanted you to hide the fact that you're pregnant. I like form-fitting cocktail dresses, and wanted to celebrate being a mommy-to-be. And I found the perfect dress. It was emerald-green with a large brooch on the side. And I wore some (albeit comfortable) sparkly silver heels.

Allure20121061.jpg?t=1351444034

Loved it so much that we actually went around to a couple of the photo backdrops to take formal night pictures. We didn't really have to wait in line since we went after dinner. Each of the photographers was excited to help me figure out some poses to show off my tummy, and they asked me how I was feeling and how far along I was. I was so happy with how the photos turned out:

BabyAnderson2_zps77631e0bsig_zps032a4610.jpg

This one is my absolute favorite:

ChrystalAndWes_zps86ae25662_zpsd133b56b.jpg

Hi Chrystal! I'm so glad to be finally caught up on your review! You look gorgeous in your dress!

Hi Hope Faith, You do a wonderful review of you cruises. I just got this one finished and started reading sometime in October LOVED IT!!! I found you through your review of the LOS cruise with your girlfriends and I equally loved that review.

First, I am so sorry about your grandmother's passing I know how difficult that is.

Second, Congratulations on your expected baby boy - whohoo, that is so exciting.

Third, You are absolutely beautiful and Wes is equally attractive and you make a lovely couple.

Please post back to give us all updates on the pregnacy and arrival.