Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Found a Jamaican patty stand. If you're looking for an economical way to get a quick bite of authentic food in Jamaica, go here! The patties are only $3 each, and they're delicious! Very flaky, buttery pastry pocket filled with yummy goodness. They have beef, veggie, and chicken.

Allure2012892.jpg

Allure2012894.jpg

We stood in the shade while I ate, and listened to that DJ for a while longer while we people-watched. I'm telling you, he's very entertaining :)

Allure2012896.jpg

Allure2012898.jpg

We keep seeing a vacum like this on the Voyager and called him "Herbie", don't know why just was the first name I thought of. They sure have come a long way since we were in Falmouth in April. None of the building were ready for trade so there were canopies with wares and also under the overhangs of the buildings. Keep up the great review, as we will be onboard her in April.

I was a little sad that Scotchie's had to go. I understand the cruise line's strategy and point of view...it just would have been nice to experience the real thing that I had been reading about for months. I know, I know, we could have taken a taxi or a shuttle to get to Scotchie's or the Pork Pit, but we didn't want to pay $50 or so (and spend time with the commute) just to get some chicken. Despite all that, we were happy with our meal here. The service was friendly as well.

Allure2012874.jpg

[/center]

Oh jeez. That looks like a Chilis or Applebees menu. :( I, too, feel sad that Scotchies had to close up shop b/c of this!

Thank you so much for this review! DH and I are sailing on Allure this Thanksgiving (second time on ship).

I really appreciate the great pictures of Falmouth. From the descriptions i had pictured something totally different! May get off the ship to walk around a bit and say I went there... but think I will need to time it only when the Flowrider is closed...lol :rolleyes: Sad part is that the last statement is totally honest!:D

great review congrats on the baby..and condolences on your grandma...

so...can you tan in the solarium area with all that glass covering? also you said the whirlpools there where cool??? did you happen to see the kids club?

Thank you so much for this review! DH and I are sailing on Allure this Thanksgiving (second time on ship).

I really appreciate the great pictures of Falmouth. From the descriptions i had pictured something totally different! May get off the ship to walk around a bit and say I went there... but think I will need to time it only when the Flowrider is closed...lol :rolleyes: Sad part is that the last statement is totally honest!:D

You are not alone. We will stay and surf onboard in Falmouth (I think). I probably need to book another cruise before I even make that statement.

Ok, so I know everyone asks what's served at lunch on Barefoot Beach....and most of the time, there are some vague answers. I was determined to take pictures of everything offered. I think I got just about everything. I tried to snap a picture real quick before I filled my plate at each section, lol. So here you go, moving down the line:

Salads and toppings for your burgers. Watermelon, Pineapple, Potato Salad, Greek Salad, and Coleslaw were included.

Hamburgers in sauteed onions with warm buns, Hotdogs and warm buns.

Rice and Beans, Grilled Chicken Drumsticks, Grilled Chicken Breast, Corn on the Cob. The chicken was heavily seasoned with some Creole/Haitian seasoning, which I LOVE. I have a friend who is Haitian and the flavors were instantly familiar to me. Delicious.

Steak and Shrimp, Scallop, and Salmon Skewers.

You had different food than we did on the Oasis! When we were there just last week on 10/15 we didn't have the grilled chicken breast, or scallop & salmon skewers. So bizarre! We also didn't have the fruit like you did - we got the standard mixed fruit salad.

If I remember correctly, we had more salad options at the beginning. Also, the rolls for the hamburgers and hot dogs were from a basket, at the beginning of the line that was you had to ask for from a server.

Oh RCCL, you and your inconsistencies! :rolleyes:

Not sure about the armless seating, I think the seats were average, like most other theaters. Can someone give any input? :)

From my questionable memory, there are a couple of chairs labeled as handicap accesible that I believe are armless. They are scattered around the auditorium. We sat in the very back so we could make a quick escape and make dinner on time, I think I remember such a chair in front of me.

From my questionable memory, there are a couple of chairs labeled as handicap accesible that I believe are armless. They are scattered around the auditorium. We sat in the very back so we could make a quick escape and make dinner on time, I think I remember such a chair in front of me.

Thank you BillOh! :)

Just like to know what to expect and if I'll have to make arrangements to have a chair sans arms. :o

I was anxiously awaiting your review and I am SO glad I found it! I am so very sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. My condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your entire family!

I am also really glad that RCCL worked so well with you to make the change in travel plans :).

Thank you so much for the in depth reviews you give. I can't seem to get enough (and my cruise is not for another year!!!). I love the pictures and the perspective you share.

My pleasure! I think it's worth the time to walk around Falmouth for a little bit. Have a great cruise!

great review congrats on the baby..and condolences on your grandma...

so...can you tan in the solarium area with all that glass covering? also you said the whirlpools there where cool??? did you happen to see the kids club?

Thank you! The actual cold-water pool was warm, which was too warm for me given how hot it was in the Solarium. Couldn't use the whirlpools so I'm not sure about those. :)

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, and thank you for reading along! I apologize for my lapse in writing...real life is calling :rolleyes:. Wish I could go back 2 weeks and be back on the ship! :D

I'll most likely pick back up tomorrow morning.

Whoa, now that's a coincidence if I ever heard of one! I loved that stateroom, did you like the location?

Sorry it took me so long to reply...brother's wedding this past weekend!

I liked the room a lot. It was nice to have that extra balcony space without paying the premium of a D2 room. Who was your cabin steward? I wonder if it was the same person. I think I'd rather have the bed closer to the the balcony door, but it didn't bother me much. Was that scratch on the painting facing the bed still there? It was on the bottom of the picture frame. Oh and there were some strange bangs and noises early in the morning, but I think that is just a trait of cruising. Always going to be a little noise that didn't really bother me. :)

Phemomenal review, Chrystal!! My condolences on the loss of your grandmother, and congratulations on the baby. And I had to chime in on one thing...the beef patties at Falmouth! :D I was just on the Freedom last week, loved the whole cruise, but what I keep thinking about is how delicious those patties were...

Phemomenal review, Chrystal!! My condolences on the loss of your grandmother, and congratulations on the baby. And I had to chime in on one thing...the beef patties at Falmouth! :D I was just on the Freedom last week, loved the whole cruise, but what I keep thinking about is how delicious those patties were...

What is a pattie???

I do appreciate the thought that went into the embarkation process. They split the ship into two gangways, depending upon if your stateroom was located in the forward section of the ship, or aft. You'll have a letter (A-F I think) on your Seapass to let you know which gangway to use. Made for a very quick process. We never encountered a long line to get back onto the ship.

Allure2012799.jpg

[/center]

OK the Allure definitely has their act together! We didn't get these signs on the Oasis, and most times only had one gangway. :rolleyes:

Chrystal, Enjoying your review so much! By any chance did you talk to anyone that went to Chuka Beach? We booked this for Jamaica and was wondering if you heard anything about it.

Patty

I'm totally hacking the thread here, so sorry Faith! We did Chukka Beach on the Oasis last week. We were disappointed, to say the least. It was overcrowded and the vendors (there weren't too many!) were very loud, screaming and yelling to each other the whole time. It killed the atmosphere. We did it w/o the lunch and didn't think at $29/pp it was even worth that.

I have read really good things on CC about the beach break so it's possible we just had an "off" day.

I'm totally hacking the thread here, so sorry Faith! We did Chukka Beach on the Oasis last week. We were disappointed, to say the least. It was overcrowded and the vendors (there weren't too many!) were very loud, screaming and yelling to each other the whole time. It killed the atmosphere. We did it w/o the lunch and didn't think at $29/pp it was even worth that.

I have read really good things on CC about the beach break so it's possible we just had an "off" day.

The reason I'm even asking about Chuka is because I have read so many different reviews on CC about it...........some were awful reviews and some others were great reviews....so I'm not sure what to think about it.....LOL We booked it without lunch but still wondering if it's going to be worth it. Most pictures that I've seen of Chuka Beach actually looked pretty empty. Thanks for your input. A little concerned now about the vendors...........did they harrass you?? I thought there were NO vendors there!! If there are and they are harrassing, I'm not going! LOL

Appreciate any other comments about Chuka.

Patty

Edited by beachbuddy

The reason I'm even asking about Chuka is because I have read so many different reviews on CC about it...........some were awful reviews and some others were great reviews....so I'm not sure what to think about it.....LOL We booked it without lunch but still wondering if it's going to be worth it. Most pictures that I've seen of Chuka Beach actually looked pretty empty. Thanks for your input. A little concerned now about the vendors...........did they harrass you?? I thought there were NO vendors there!! If there are and they are harrassing, I'm not going! LOL

Appreciate any other comments about Chuka.

Patty

I have no idea why it was so busy on our day, I hope it was just over-sold so they let everyone go? We even saw a group buying tickets for it the day of outside our bus....strange.

There were probably a group of 6-8 vendors, mostly women. They were to the far left of the beach. We were only the 2nd bus to arrive at the beach and the only real space that was available was towards the left, probably 100-200 feet away from their section. They didn't cross onto our section of the beach, would just ask if you wanted your hair braided or wanted to buy anything if you got close.

The issue I had was them talking with each other and being unnecessarily loud. At one point I had no idea if they were fighting with each other or just having a good time? Also, the woman who seemed to be in charge of the beach and worked at the bar/restaurant kept walking around trying to get people to buy food and drinks. They also made announcements over an intercom about their "happy hour" smoothies.

Occasionally someone would walk up and down the beach along the shoreline but didn't really talk/bother anyone.

OH! If you are allergic to dogs, do not go here. At any given time, there were at least 3 dogs hanging out. They left you alone, they were just looking for shade under the trees and chairs, but I can see how it would be frustrating if you had allergies or a fear of dogs.

It just seemed too loud and too crowded for me. We preferred our time in Cozumel better.