Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Our Meet and Mingle was in the Comedy Club at 10:30 AM. We had a nice turnout. The activities director was the great. He gave the more informative overview of the different classes of ships, from the smallest up to the Allure. He did a raffle for various items as well.

Allure2012522.jpg

The final raffle was for a very large bag full of freebies. And guess what? Wes won! We never win anything so that was very exciting! Here's what he won:

Allure2012617.jpg

Allure2012618.jpg?t=1350665497

Allure2012619.jpg

Allure2012620.jpg

Allure2012625.jpg

At the end of the M&M, many of us stayed a little later to talk. If you're reading the thread and were from our sailing, it was great to meet you!

After the M&M we went up to the Royal Promenade to see the Move It! Move It! Parade. We ended up on Deck 6, looking down on the parade. It was a lot of fun....King Julian is my favorite. Come to think about it, I think the only time we saw the Dreamworks Characters was during the parade and an ice show. If you're not interested in seeing them, you won't.

Allure2012529.jpg?t=1350666813

Allure2012548.jpg

Allure2012556.jpg

What an awesome bag of freebies! You got the book too! Don't you love it? I am using it as my excuse to go back on the ship, since I didn't have a chance to use it to tour the ship last time :)

Love that book! We gave one to my Dad...we've been trying to convince him to cruise for years now and are hoping the book and photos will give him a little nudge :)

quick question do you have to be subscribed to go to meet and mingle or can you just show up?

I'm pretty sure you can show up, but they really prefer that you sign up beforehand. That way they're prepared with enough refreshments and prizes. And you probably won't know where the M&M is if you don't sign up, since we receive cards for the location, date, and time in our staterooms upon boarding. I don't think the M&M is listed in the Compass.

Edited by Host Faith

And this, my friends, is the #1 reason why DH and I love having a balcony when we cruise:

Allure2012502.jpg

It's become a tradition- we almost always have room service breakfast on our balcony each morning when cruising, unless it's way too hot out there. In that case, we have breakfast in bed, lol. Leading up to the cruise, we'll remind each other about our breakfast tradition. We really look forward to it. Besides the fruit that I brought down from the Solarium (mango and pineapple), the table is filled with the types of food you can expect from room service at breakfast. The other fruit plate is on the room service menu too:

Allure2012510.jpg

Allure2012511.jpg

Allure2012512.jpg

Allure2012513.jpg

Ohhhh.... My favourite post so far :D

We decided to have lunch at Johnny Rockets, located on the Boardwalk. I loved these scupltures on the way to the Boardwalk. Basically, it's supposed to be the same carousel horse, in the various stages of its creation. Pretty cool:

Allure2012578.jpg

Allure2012577.jpg

Allure2012576.jpg

Allure2012575.jpg

Allure2012574.jpg

I spent some time in the Solarium after lunch. It was such a beautiful space...but it was HOT. And the Solarium pool water was pretty warm. I could have stayed longer if the pool water was cool enough to be refreshing, but I learned pretty fast that I couldn't take all that heat for too long.

...but before I left, I had my Labadoozie- no alcohol. It was in a pretty cool bamboo keepsake container too.

Allure2012602.jpg

Allure2012605.jpg

Allure2012607.jpg

I spent some time in the Solarium after lunch. It was such a beautiful space...but it was HOT. And the Solarium pool water was pretty warm. I could have stayed longer if the pool water was cool enough to be refreshing, but I learned pretty fast that I couldn't take all that heat for too long.

...but before I left, I had my Labadoozie- no alcohol. It was in a pretty cool bamboo keepsake container too.

Allure2012602.jpg

Allure2012605.jpg

Allure2012607.jpg

Crystal, spent ages on our cruise trying to find the way out to that lookout post for a photo! Did you venture out there where the telescope is, would love to know on what deck the exit is!!

Britta, was this picture taken on Sep 22 in Nassau?? I was on that Allure sailing and we laughed at that Carnival ship beside us. :p

Yes it was! I was on the Fascination and my DH was floored at how big and grand Allure looked next to us! I had to explain to DH that we were on one of the oldest and smallest Carnival ships and that the Allure was one of the biggest and newest ones sailing right now. That made him feel a bit better. I reminded him that because he doesn't want to fly or drive more than 6.5 hours to a port that limited our choices to Jacksonville or NOLA. He is now willing to consider a longer drive for more options.

When we got home I showed him pics and videos of all the stuff on the ship and he was impressed. Then he saw the cost to book an ocean view balcony and said he doesn't know if he wants to give Allure a try. I told him never say never and I am looking to find a way to save some $$$ on a booking now ;)

Did you venture out there where the telescope is, would love to know on what deck the exit is!!

Deck 14, you get to it by going all the way to the Forward on Port side [The door on Starboard side is for Emergency Exit only].

It's basically the wing on top of the Bridge (port has same wing)

Edited by jonath

Actually, I was concerned about all the walking, etc. However, for some reason the Allure didn't feel as huge as it looked once we boarded. I think it's because we had a good idea of where everything was before we boarded (by looking at the deck plans every few days or so), so we never really had to backtrack and we didn't really get lost. Miraculously, the ship didn't feel crowded since there were so many places for people to go at any given moment.

Haha! I can absolutely relate. I remember looking at the prices of the Allure the first couple years it was sailing, and it seemed out of our reach. However, once we decided to book, I compared the Allure's prices with the Freedom of the Seas, and our past Serenade cruises out of San Juan. Really, they weren't all that much more. What made the price more manageable for us was sailing out of peak season. If you're looking to book the Allure during the summer, you're going to pay a LOT. Late September/October, the prices go down a bit. I think the last time I checked the prices before we sailed, an inside guarantee for our sailing was going for $745 pp. I saw a balcony guarantee available for about $945. So it's doable, it's just that you may have to be flexible with when you want to go.

We did have $200 in onboard credit from our TA. And as for excursions, it depends on what you want to do. Beach days are easy and affordable. We did splurge a bit on a cabana for this cruise since it was a special occasion. However, in general, we book excursions with local businesses that have excellent reputations on CC and Tripadvisor. Saves money pretty often and you get a more personalized experience. What types of things would you like to do in port? That would help me give you some roundabout estimates on pricing. I'm happy to help :)

I promise not to hijack your thread much more ;) I appreciate your assistance and I know others on CC might benefit from the veteran cruiser perspective that you offer.

We definitely try to do off season, it is just cheaper no matter what line. I never book an excursion through the ship, it is too high! I like to search CC and Tripadvisor too in order to book locals with good reps as well. CC has been great for giving me ideas! We are pretty easy to please and like beaches or snorkeling usually. What has caught us off guard on our first cruise is how much we end up spending on drinks. On Carnival I now get the soda card and use Bon Voyage to have vodka in the room, plus we can carry 1 bottle of wine on per person. Now we don't have alcohol tab surprises, LOL!

I wrote down your tip about booking shows at the ice rink. Good to know if I can get everything booked before we sail.

I am definitely heading to that Deck 14 flying bridge, maybe for sailaway.

Thanks for allowing us to tag along on your trip and for keeping us all educated, entertained and inspired!

Crystal, spent ages on our cruise trying to find the way out to that lookout post for a photo! Did you venture out there where the telescope is, would love to know on what deck the exit is!!

We sure did! During sailaway, check a few pages back, I posted photos too :)

"I had my Labadoozie- no alcohol" Writes Faith

I am truly enjoying your post. Phenomenol, and you really taking the time to post so much about the Allure and making me really excited to sail the Allure next July.

Also, Congratulations on your upcoming addition. It will be such an exciting time for you, enjoy every minute they grow so fast. My baby is graduating high school next year and heading off to college.

Finally, I remember those days of "non-alcoholic beverages when one is pregnant. . . and I always got a chuckle from "Virgin Frozen Stawberry Daquiri".. when I was 9 1/2 months pregnant.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Crystal...first I'd like to congratulate you and your husband on your pregnancy and also send condolences to you on the death of your grandmother.

I absolutely love your review and pictures. My family will sail Allure for the first time next April; we can't wait! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Chrystal!

I was so sad to learn about the death in your family and that you wouldn't be on our sailing, but I'm glad they were able to accommodate you and push your cruise back. By the looks of it so far, you had a great time. You captured some spots that I didn't get to. When I first got back, I didn't think I could do an Oasis class ship again, but after some weeks and looking through my pictures, I could go on the Allure again.

Congrats once again on the bundle of joy that's on his way! Looking forward to the rest of the review and especially how you enjoyed your cabana. I have been officially spoiled and will have to get one for all future sailings now. It was an amazing day in Labadee.

Deon

Allure2012605.jpg

Well.... Now I'll just have to go back on board.... Those are much nicer than the old plastic labadoozie cups which I've seemed to gather a collection of lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk