Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

I had to eat both quickly since the next water taxi was coming soon. We decided to ride it all the way down to the first stop, then back to the Hyatt. Just a leisurely evening.

I like that you guys rode it through. So much to see and learn about (and soooo many people to watch--) Isn't that a great simple way to spend a day?! We did the same thing when we were in Ft. Lauderdale.

I think the water taxi arrived around 6:40 or so. The sun was setting, and luckily, we caught the last taxi that gave a commentary along with the ride. Any later than that and it's basically a shuttle, since you can't see a lot of the mansions in the dark.

We got to hear a bit about the various owners of these fabulous mansions along with waterway. Just beautiful properties. Anyone have an extra $300,000? That's the going rate for the condos in the third photo below.

Allure2012179.jpg

Allure2012185.jpg

Allure2012190.jpg

Allure2012195.jpg

Allure2012198.jpg

I like that you guys rode it through. So much to see and learn about (and soooo many people to watch--) Isn't that a great simple way to spend a day?! We did the same thing when we were in Ft. Lauderdale.

How long of a water taxi ride is the it when you go all the way? We were planning to do the Carrie B River Boat, too. Would it be basically the same tour or no?

It was pretty dark by the time we got back, so we strolled back to the hotel and stopped in the lounge for our free drinks. I ordered a Shirley Temple (sigh), and Wes decided to try a rum and Coke. He's not really a drinker and wanted to try and find something he would like. Well....the server came to our table with a glass almost full to the brim with rum, and literally splashed a little Coke on top! Can he have some Coke with his rum?! :eek: It was waaaay to strong and I laughed as his eyes bugged out as he took a few sips. Oh well, it was free lol.

Allure2012205.jpg

Allure2012210.jpg

Allure2012213.jpg

Loving your review so far, Chrystal!!! Please accept my condolences on your loss and congratulations on your new addition! You look amazing in your pics! Can't wait to hear more on your review. Loving the details and the food!!

For the sake of continuity, I'll start each cruise day with the sign on the ship's elevator floors showing the day of the week, as well as the day's Cruise Compass. If you want to keep your photos organized by day, taking a quick photo of the day of the week is a great way to keep track:

Allure20122782_zps488fdfdf.jpg

Allure2012350.jpg

Allure2012351.jpg

Allure2012352.jpg

Allure2012353.jpg

Had a great time on Navigator and loved how friendly everyone was. In uk it is unusual to share a table in a restaurant or bar, and so we felt a little awkward on our first day in the windjammer and being unable to find a table. However a gentleman soon put us at ease inviting us to sit with him and his wife and explaining how it was usual to share. Over the rest of our trip we met, spoke to, made friends and shared stories and new experiences with lots of fellow travellers. We loved the variety of entertainment and the fact that it was possible to do as much or as little as you wanted. I've attached a photo of John and I on captains night.

image.jpg.748f60622d55c57b79d0212d19dd2298.jpg

And finally! It's boarding day! :D

We woke up around 8:30 or so and got some bagels and toast from room service. I didn't feel like walking anywhere to get something quick to eat, and we didn't really need to eat a lot since we were boarding the Allure shortly. We admired the view from our balcony as we ate.

Allure2012221.jpg

Packed up our suitcases and I prepared our pre-printed luggage tags. I do miss the luggage tags we received in the mail, but really....it's not that big a deal. I went to My Cruises on Royal's site, and pulled up our virtual cruise documents. Around page 15 or so, you'll see a page with a printable version of your luggage tags. Printed a couple copies to take with us. I folded them up according to the instructions, and used the small roll of tape I threw into my purse before our trip. Very easy to use and our luggage was ready to go.

Allure2012225.jpg

Allure2012226.jpg

It looked like we were going to have a pretty sunny day...as you all know, in Florida, that can change in an instant :rolleyes::)

The building with the flat, green roof (on a diagonal, to the right) in this photo is where the Water Taxi stopped for the Hyatt:

Allure2012231.jpg

Boarding day outfit- I almost always wear a dress. They're so easy to throw on, comfy, and still look like you made a little more effort than you really did :p

Allure2012229.jpg

By the way this is first time in 29 years I'd seen john in a tux, thought it would never happen lol. Again it's great that you can dress up or down as you like (within reason) though I do love to put on the glam and don't often get the chance at home!

Loving your review & all your pics. So sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother. It's never easy to lose someone we love & care about.

So glad you liked Pier 66. We've had several of our class reunions there as I gratuated from Ft. Laud. High (long time ago LOL). But my early years were in south Jersey too. (I may have mentioned it before in other posts to you. I'm from Cape May & my DH is from Wildwood.)

Looking forward to the rest of your review & I'm sure you LOVED Allure, just like we LOVED Oasis! Can't wait to go on either of them again. :D But leaving this Sunday on FOS so at least we're cruising again!! ;):D

We checked out around 10 AM (very easy, no lines), and one of the bellmen hailed us a taxi. Our first glimpse of the Allure as we crossed the bridge:

Allure2012234.jpg

A quick ride to the pier, I think it cost about $10+tip to get there. Don't be alarmed when you pull up to the entrance to the port, and your taxi is stopped. There's a security guard at a booth who comes out to the taxi, checks the taxi driver's license, and asks the passengers for their ID's. Quick and painless.

How long of a water taxi ride is the it when you go all the way? We were planning to do the Carrie B River Boat, too. Would it be basically the same tour or no?

I think going one way takes about an hour and a half. I think they do a similar route. The thing I like about the Water Taxi is you can make a day of it, getting off at a stop that interests you, then getting back on whenever you're ready again. Here are the stops on the water taxi route.

Loving your review so far, Chrystal!!! Please accept my condolences on your loss and congratulations on your new addition! You look amazing in your pics! Can't wait to hear more on your review. Loving the details and the food!!

Thank you so much! I'm ready to write some more! :)

Yes! It's a wonderful way to spend the day in Ft. Lauderdale, and appreciate the city. People watching is always fun! I want to ride it again, starting earlier in the day.

Had a great time on Navigator and loved how friendly everyone was. In uk it is unusual to share a table in a restaurant or bar, and so we felt a little awkward on our first day in the windjammer and being unable to find a table. However a gentleman soon put us at ease inviting us to sit with him and his wife and explaining how it was usual to share. Over the rest of our trip we met, spoke to, made friends and shared stories and new experiences with lots of fellow travellers. We loved the variety of entertainment and the fact that it was possible to do as much or as little as you wanted. I've attached a photo of John and I on captains night.

Glad you had a nice time on the Navigator. Your formal night photo is lovely, I like your dress! Be sure to check out this awesome thread in the Cruise Fashions and Beauty forum: Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2). There are some wonderful women who frequent that thread, and share their formal night pictures. It's fun, and a great way to swap ideas and get advice on accessories, where to shop, etc. So much fun!

We arrived at the port at 10:30 AM. I have to say that this was the quickest and most efficient check-in process we've ever experienced. The porters quickly took our bags, and we tipped one of them $1 per bag. There weren't really any lines, and we were through security pretty quickly. The entire terminal is designed specifically for the Allure and Oasis.

Allure2012241.jpg

Allure2012243.jpg

Check-in was a breeze. When I approached the counter, I could see the desk agent eyeing my belly. At 23 weeks pregnant, it's pretty obvious that a baby is on the way! Jokingly, I said to her (before even saying hello), "I think you'll definitely need to see this," handing her my passport and my doctor's note. She laughed and took a look at the note to verify how far along I was, and she handed the note back to me. She congratulated us and told me to hold onto the note throughout check-in, just in case someone else wanted to see it. All was well, and we were on our way. We took our welcome aboard photo, and then went up the escalators to the waiting area.

Upstairs, there was plenty of seating, and even a children's play area.

Allure2012244.jpg

Our wait to board wasn't long at all. I actually took notes on the timing. Wes was amused at these notes I took while we waited, but I see the question about how long it takes to board all the time. It's nice to be able to give an exact answer:

Curbside Arrival: 10:33 AM

Reached Seating Area Upstairs: 10:50 AM

Started Boarding Suite Guests: 11:15 AM

Then checked in C&A from top to bottom

Boarded Gold Members: 11:23 AM

So it took less than an hour for us from arriving at the port, to physically boarding the ship. And it really didn't even feel like that long. We were impressed!

Allure2012245.jpg

Allure2012250.jpg

We boarded onto Deck 5, and found ourselves in the amazing Royal Promenade:

Allure2012255.jpg

Allure2012256.jpg

We found out by reading the Compass that we could make our show reservations in the Ice Rink (Studio B), on Deck 4. I wasn't able to book the Comedy Show and Ocean Aria online, so I made a beeline for the rink to reserve our preferred times. There was hardly anyone in there, and I was able to make our reservations in less than 5 minutes. AND I got our first choices for times! Fantastic.

Allure2012258.jpg

Allure2012259.jpg

Whew! I used to be able to stay up late and keep writing, but in my condition I'm tuckered out! :o Time for bed, lol. Feel free to reach out and ask questions if you have any, I'll check back from time to time this evening. Thank you for reading so far!:)

Whew! I used to be able to stay up late and keep writing, but in my condition I'm tuckered out! :o Time for bed, lol. Feel free to reach out and ask questions if you have any, I'll check back from time to time this evening. Thank you for reading so far!:)

I'd say you're allowed the lapse Faith! ;)

Great review and grats on the youngster. Thy life will ne'er be the same! :D

Wonderful review and photos!!

We did a B2B on Allure and never set foot in Blaze! Thanks for the photos!!

My condolences on your family's loss, but happy news about your baby!! Congratulations!!

Looking forward to the rest of your review,