Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

So we docked at 15th Street Fisheries, and upon our departure the crew gave us a coupon to use at the restaurant. Turns out the coupon was for either 10% off our bill, or two free desserts (key lime bar or raspberry sorbet).

Allure2012155.jpg

Allure2012158.jpg

We chose our own seats in the dockside area, and were greeted by a friendly waitress, who took our orders. We shared the calamari as an appetizer, and I had blackened mahi as an entree. Wes had the chicken tenders.

Allure2012159.jpg

Allure2012165.jpg

Our table was right next to the dock, so we were able to watch people feeding the tarpon. Those fish were huge! At first, Wes heard a big splash and asked, "What in the world is that?!" He thought they were feeding cute little fish, not fish of that size. He Googled 'tarpon' and discovered what was really swimming down there. They're surprisingly agile as well.

While we ate, we could see the Oasis departing. She didn't pass us, since she made a right just before the bridge to head out to sea. You can see her just beyond the bridge in this photo. It was awesome hearing everyone's admiration for the ship, knowing that we were sailing her sister the next day!

Allure2012156.jpg

Thank you so much for this review. Just so happens we have reservations at the Hyatt and our group plans on eating at the 15th Street Fisheries...:D

So you would make these choices again?

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Laura

Hi Laura! Thank you so much :)

You have some great plans! We would definitely go back to the hotel and the restaurant. I would stick with the dockside area of 15th St, since the upstairs area tends to disappoint according to the reviews I've read. For a casual, laid-back dinner with drinks, it's a nice place. As for the Hyatt, if you can get a Tower room, be sure to take advantage of that. The tower rooms are more modern. Enjoy! :)

I love the food at Betsy, much better than the wayyy overpriced food at Versace!

Oh my goodness, I saw the Versace menu and my face just stayed like this :eek: for a while! Maybe we'll splurge on it one day but dinner at The Betsey was wonderful. We'll be back :)

YAY, I'm happy to see another review from you! You look soooooooo cute preggo! :D

So sorry about the loss of your grandmother. It's good to hear that Royal Caribbean was accommodating to your unfortunate circumstances. Looking forward to reading more! Only 12 days til my first RC cruise! :D

As a native Floridian living in Virginia, I really miss the modern, clean lines of Miami's architecture and furnishings. Beats Victorian and Colonial ANY day!

I am really looking forward to the rest of your review. Hubby and I are sailing on Allure early next year as a belated anniversary trip and fun reviews like yours help fill the time before we sail.

Congrats about your pregnancy and condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

Edited by Bookish Angel

I'm sorry, I wrote my previous post before I read your entire review so far.

Please accept my condolences. I'm so glad that you were still able to cruise even if it was at a later date.

No problem at all! Thank you for the condolences. The cruise was the perfect way for us to rest and unwind :)

Oh my goodness, I saw the Versace menu and my face just stayed like this :eek: for a while! Maybe we'll splurge on it one day but dinner at The Betsey was wonderful. We'll be back :)

It looks much better than that it really is! for the price you can eat 5 times at Betsy..

Looking forward to you review. We are doing a B2B in July, 2013 on the Allure. We did the Oasis in July of 2011, and loved it. Can't wait for the Allure in July

That's what we are doing as well. One week on the marvelous Oasis convinced me I needed a B2B on the Allure. Did not even get off the ship.:D

Looking forward to your review, Host Faith.

Kathy

Loving your review. You look so cute, as always. I still re-read your girls cruise because it is hilarious!!! You stayed at my favorite hotel in FLL. What a deal you got! We always got to 15 St Fisheries pre-cruise as well! Feel like I am cruising with your reviews, keep up the great work!

Hi Chrystal, congratulations to you and Wes on your expected bundle of trouble/joy! We've got 3 boys (all grown up now) so no how much pleasure, pride and 'hair pulling out' days they bring you. Thanks for sharing so much of your life with us. We are really enjoying reading your story. So sorry for your loss but glad you were able to reorganise your plans . We are especially enjoying your story as you seem to have similar tastes to us. We went on our first cruise this year to celebrate my husbands birthday and our silver wedding anniversary.we do envy you all (Americans) especially floridians on the ease of cruising.we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and visited saint Maarten, st Thomas, Puerto Rico and labadee. We have visited your post on photos of San Juan, and enjoyed comparing with ours. I haven't worked out how to attach photos yet but may post some later. After our cruise we also stayed at Z Ocean and had a wonderful time. I too loved the showers. We also visited la sandwicherie and loved the fresh tasty food so much we got some to take to the airport on our last day.we have booked another cruise for April when again we sail out of Fort Lauderdale this time on Independence on a transatlantic to Southampton. We look forward to reading the rest of your tale and looking at your beautiful photos. Thanks again.

Hi Chrystal, just wanted to pop in and say it's so wonderful to know you had a great cruise. After the loss of your grandmother, I was so glad RCI came thru for you both. Can't wait to read your first impression of the Allure, something I want to experience for myself sometime MAYBE in 2014. Knowing when your cruise was, I was counting the days until I saw your name again on this board, where you belong!

Again, congratulations to you and Wes on upcoming birth of your baby.

Now... carry on! ;)

I am staying there in December and just requested an upgrade to a tower room. Love the view!

I better get busy if I want a tower room! I showed my wife Gina the pictures of the pool area and her eyes lit up.

YAY, I'm happy to see another review from you! You look soooooooo cute preggo! :D

So sorry about the loss of your grandmother. It's good to hear that Royal Caribbean was accommodating to your unfortunate circumstances. Looking forward to reading more! Only 12 days til my first RC cruise! :D

Haha! Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. Have a FABULOUS cruise in the Med. Sounds like you're going to have an amazing time!!!:)

As a native Floridian living in Virginia, I really miss the modern, clean lines of Miami's architecture and furnishings. Beats Victorian and Colonial ANY day!

I am really looking forward to the rest of your review. Hubby and I are sailing on Allure early next year as a belated anniversary trip and fun reviews like yours help fill the time before we sail.

Congrats about your pregnancy and condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

Thank you! I'm glad I can help the time pass as you wait to sail the Allure. It's truly a great way to celebrate an anniversary. :)

Love your review so far Chrystal! I, too read the review of your cruise with your girlfriends and loved it!

Thank you so much! The Liberty cruise was a blast!

That's what we are doing as well. One week on the marvelous Oasis convinced me I needed a B2B on the Allure. Did not even get off the ship.:D

Looking forward to your review, Host Faith.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy! I'll be writing a bit more today. :)