Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Re the house with the Flowrider: we understand the owner installed it for his bored 19-yo son!! At least that's the story we heard!! :D

We've sailed past it many times and that kid was never on there! If I were the parent, I'd make that kid stay out there whenever he wasn't in school -- trying to get my money's worth!!

Can you tell I've had teenagers? ;)

There do happen to be charges for Johnny Rockets and Starbucks. (Johnny Rockets is $4.95pp for all you can eat - milkshakes and alcoholic beverages are extra. Starbucks prices are comparable to the land prices.) However, there are many free options available. The Boardwalk Dog House (essentially next door to Johnny Rockets) is free and there are coffee options all over the ship. Also free are the main dining rooms, the Windjammer Buffet, the Solarium Bistro (during the day), the Promenade Cafe, Sorrento's Pizza, the Park Cafe, the Wipe-Out Grill and probably others I am not remembering. There are other Specialty Restaurants (for a fee) options - Chops (the steakhouse), Giovanni's Table (Italian), 150 Central Park, the Chef's Table, and the Samba Grill in the Solarium Bistro at night. I know Carnival does have a for fee steak house. This ship being so large has all sorts of options.

Re the house with the Flowrider: we understand the owner installed it for his bored 19-yo son!! At least that's the story we heard!! :D

We've sailed past it many times and that kid was never on there! If I were the parent, I'd make that kid stay out there whenever he wasn't in school -- trying to get my money's worth!!

When we sailed by, there was a hotchickinabikini out in front of the flowrider. At least that's what the camera happened to zoom into when my husband had it. Photos in my review :)

We went back to our stateroom to unpack. Both suitcases fit nicely under the bed once they were empty.

I asked to be connected with the Concierge onboard and was transferred easily 9even though I'm not in a suite). Reason being, I emailed the concierge before our cruise to ask if we could reserve a cabana on Barefoot Beach (suite beach). I let him know I had a baby on the way and he even assigned us one that involved minimal walking. Fernando answered the phone and confirmed our cabana assignment. He was so kind, a pleasure to speak with.

The only reason I emailed him was because I attempted to book a Nellie's Beach cabana online, and they were sold out. I reeaaaaaly wanted one, since I had to give up our over the water cabana from the September sailing. If you're ever in a pickle like that (in an exceptional case), do a search on the CC board for the concierges' email addresses (there's a thread about concierges), and reach out to your ship's concierge. You never know.

We were so happy with the interactive TV channel. We could view our account balance, book shows and specialty restaurants, and view all the menus on the ship, right from our stateroom. They even show you the Main Dining Room Menus for the entire week, starting on the first day. So you can look at the menus in your room and choose when you may want to try a specialty restaurant. Brilliant!

Allure2012434.jpg

Allure2012425.jpg

I think that sign is new, maybe not. We were outside and people in the Solarium were knocking and asking us how to get out there since its not real obvious. We too were the first ones there and I didn't give up the spot till we cleared the channel. I just now realized I watched the sailaway you missed and forgot to watch this one!

Love the review , thanks for taking the time to write it up for us all, i am very jealous. Also, congrats on your coming addition to your family!! You will love it, we have a little girl and she is nealy 4 and we have taken her on a cruise already around australia and we are on the voyager of the seas in Jan next, so she is getting very excited now!!

Keep up the good work!!

Steve

Edited by poppetts

I was curious about the Solarium Bistro, so I made my way upstairs. Didn't have to wait long for an elevator.

The Solarium itself is a lovely space:

Allure2012359.jpg

Allure2012361.jpg

Allure2012364.jpg

First, your review is incredible! I've read just about everything I could find on Allure for the last couple months and this is the first time anyone has posted a pic of the electrical outlet!

I've read about how it is better than the one on Oasis but really couldn't find anything else about it. This afternoon I added a plug adapter into my suitcase and your picture showed me it would have been useless.

So know, honestly truly that your review helped me absolutely!

Thanks and can't wait to read more... Still a page behind.

And of course, the outlet didn't show in my posting, but I knew it was there!

Edited by CitygirlSF

Thank you!!

You did a great job with this report.

I know it's a lot of work. Thanks.

I know exactly how you feel about Allure.

Now you have to try Oasis. Basically the same ship, but the shows

are different. We have been on both. They are amazing ships,

and the shows, food, entertainment and activities like no other ship, just

amazing.

"Congratulations on the news about the baby".

Edited by Angelsea57

LOL! Must be nice! I would have my son out there all the time too! He would have to smile and wave during every single sailaway that passed by the house!

There do happen to be charges for Johnny Rockets and Starbucks. (Johnny Rockets is $4.95pp for all you can eat - milkshakes and alcoholic beverages are extra. Starbucks prices are comparable to the land prices.) However, there are many free options available. The Boardwalk Dog House (essentially next door to Johnny Rockets) is free and there are coffee options all over the ship. Also free are the main dining rooms, the Windjammer Buffet, the Solarium Bistro (during the day), the Promenade Cafe, Sorrento's Pizza, the Park Cafe, the Wipe-Out Grill and probably others I am not remembering. There are other Specialty Restaurants (for a fee) options - Chops (the steakhouse), Giovanni's Table (Italian), 150 Central Park, the Chef's Table, and the Samba Grill in the Solarium Bistro at night. I know Carnival does have a for fee steak house. This ship being so large has all sorts of options.

Thanks Vicki! My mind went to mush trying to list all the restaurants, lol! :)

Love the review , thanks for taking the time to write it up for us all, i am very jealous. Also, congrats on your coming addition to your family!! You will love it, we have a little girl and she is nealy 4 and we have taken her on a cruise already around australia and we are on the voyager of the seas in Jan next, so she is getting very excited now!!

Keep up the good work!!

Steve

My pleasure, Steve! Sounds like you've had some awesome trips with your little one, she's a lucky little girl :). We can't wait to sail with our son. At first we were going to wait a couple years but now we're looking at taking him with us in 2014. :D

Were there robes available for your use in your stateroom?

Actually, no robes. I think you can request them and they'll see if there are any available.

Edited by Host Faith

Host Faith,

First of all, congratulations to you and your husband on expecting your first child. I bet you can't wait to meet him or her!

We'll be on the Allure in December so can't wait to read the rest of your review. I read in a another thread that you were considering going to Chuka Beach in Jamaica and I'm hoping you did. I think that's what we're going to do so can't wait to read what you thought about it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Patty

Wow, you won't believe this but I was booked on the Oasis on Deck 11 back in April but had to move the cruise back a week to the Allure because of work reasons. And guess what? My gf and I stayed in your very stateroom on the April 22nd sailing....7590. What are the odds? :)

Wow, you won't believe this but I was booked on the Oasis on Deck 11 back in April but had to move the cruise back a week to the Allure because of work reasons. And guess what? My gf and I stayed in your very stateroom on the April 22nd sailing....7590. What are the odds? :)

Well lets see....I think normally it would be 52 to 1 :D But since Chrystal & Wes were also occupying the same cabin one of those weeks...it must be 51 to 1. :D The odds with all the cancelling and re-booking might be incalculable. :)

And I am just teasing you. :) Great review Host Faith. Wonderful as always! We really enjoy your reviews.

It was WINDY up there! But it was exhilarating. A bunch of people came to wave and say bon voyage :)

Allure2012419.jpg

Allure2012420.jpg

Allure2012421.jpg

That is one of my favorite things to do, I believe it's just as exhilarating to be down there as for the people in the ship. Last weekend I decided to go and it started raining. I said what the heck and stayed there anyway, it was really cool. But I guess I have to wait until my sailing to really find out if it compares.

I am still trying to decide where to be for sail away. Its either in our balcony D11, the aft running track on D5 or Fwd D14 like you. I believe that aft D5 will offer the best picture opportunities.

love, love, love your pictures. Thanks so much for sharing, can't wait to read more.

Thank you so much! :)

Host Faith,

First of all, congratulations to you and your husband on expecting your first child. I bet you can't wait to meet him or her!

We'll be on the Allure in December so can't wait to read the rest of your review. I read in a another thread that you were considering going to Chuka Beach in Jamaica and I'm hoping you did. I think that's what we're going to do so can't wait to read what you thought about it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Patty

Hi Patty! Thank you! Actually, a lot of our excursion plans changed. We were considering that one if I felt up to it. I had to listen to my body and didn't venture too much in each port, so we didn't do the Chukka Beach break.

Whoa, now that's a coincidence if I ever heard of one! I loved that stateroom, did you like the location?

Well lets see....I think normally it would be 52 to 1 :D But since Chrystal & Wes were also occupying the same cabin one of those weeks...it must be 51 to 1. :D The odds with all the cancelling and re-booking might be incalculable. :)

And I am just teasing you. :) Great review Host Faith. Wonderful as always! We really enjoy your reviews.

Hilarious! Thank you :)

Chrystal;

First;I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandmother.

Congrats on your son!!!!!

I loved your "girl trip" review of Liberty. It helped alot when we went on her in the Med in June.

My sister and I are going in December and have the Hyatt booked(wish I could have found your deal ;)) but $75 on Priceline will work. We have planned on the same restaurant also..... Glad to know you liked both. Looking forward to the water taxi also!

Excellent review as always. I can't wait to go back on Allure next summer!!!

The bar and lounge area before the dining room was beautiful!

Allure2012448.jpg

Allure2012449.jpg

We had the late seating for dinner, which worked out well for us. I emailed rcldining@rccl.com to request a table for two, by a window. We got a very courteous confirmation of our table number about one business day later. We were located on Deck 3, the Adagio dining room.

A lot of people don't see the point of having a table by the window that late in the evening, but we like being able to see the white froth on top of the waves passing by, and sometimes we can see the moon. Worth it to us.

Because our booking was last-minute, I assume there wasn't much wiggle room for them to place us in a prime location, so our table #312 was all the way in a back corner of the dining room. We were actually close to a private dining room they used (during our sailing) for storing extra serving items the wait staff needed. Not that big a deal since we enjoy being to ourselves during dinner. It was a nice, quiet corner.

We were excited to try the new menu:

Allure2012444.jpg

Allure2012445.jpg?t=1350651920

I was still feeling a little funny from that fish in the Solarium Bistro, so I went with the Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast, from the Classic (everyday) menu. Wes had the Prime Rib. Both entrees were great:

Allure2012450.jpg

Allure2012451.jpg

Oh, how I wanted to try the Creme Brulee so badly, but it had Bailey's in it :rolleyes:. I had a feeling that would have been my dessert of choice every single night. So instead, I tried the Chocolate Sensation. That's a RICH dessert! Chocolate lovers, you'll be very happy with that one! ;)

Wes has a scoop of vanilla ice cream every single night of our cruises, lol.

Allure2012452.jpg

Allure2012453.jpg

Allure2012454.jpg