Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

I spent some time in the Solarium after lunch. It was such a beautiful space...but it was HOT. And the Solarium pool water was pretty warm. I could have stayed longer if the pool water was cool enough to be refreshing, but I learned pretty fast that I couldn't take all that heat for too long.

...but before I left, I had my Labadoozie- no alcohol. It was in a pretty cool bamboo keepsake container too.

Love having a Labadoozie when I go on Royal.

Edited by mj

We decided to have lunch at Johnny Rockets, located on the Boardwalk. I loved these scupltures on the way to the Boardwalk. Basically, it's supposed to be the same carousel horse, in the various stages of its creation. Pretty cool:

Allure2012578.jpg

Allure2012577.jpg

Allure2012576.jpg

Allure2012575.jpg

Allure2012574.jpg

Hey me & my wife are back ground in picture 4! Both standing on the left!

The next morning, we woke up to my favorite view:

I'm an early riser and Wes wakes up a little later than me, so I decided to wander a bit before heading to the Solarium Bistro for some fruit:

Allure2012480.jpg

Gahhhh!!! I LOVE that view too!!! I have 2 cruises already booked for 2013 but DH and I are DEFINATELY getting our butts on Allure in 2014!! Still loving your review Chrystal!

First, I want to say that I am sorry to hear about the news of your grandmother.

I am enjoying your review of the Allure. Thanks for taking the time to write this. We were just on the Oasis and really liked the ship and we are planning to go on the Allure sometime in 2014.

Joanne

I wrote down your tip about booking shows at the ice rink. Good to know if I can get everything booked before we sail.

I am definitely heading to that Deck 14 flying bridge, maybe for sailaway.

Thanks for allowing us to tag along on your trip and for keeping us all educated, entertained and inspired!

Thanks to both of you! My pleasure to write, I'm glad the review is helpful to you. Happy cruising! :)

"I had my Labadoozie- no alcohol" Writes Faith

I am truly enjoying your post. Phenomenol, and you really taking the time to post so much about the Allure and making me really excited to sail the Allure next July.

Also, Congratulations on your upcoming addition. It will be such an exciting time for you, enjoy every minute they grow so fast. My baby is graduating high school next year and heading off to college.

Finally, I remember those days of "non-alcoholic beverages when one is pregnant. . . and I always got a chuckle from "Virgin Frozen Stawberry Daquiri".. when I was 9 1/2 months pregnant.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

LOL! Thanks, Sue! The time is already going by so fast, I'm trying to slow down and enjoy every moment. And wow- 9 1/2 months? My husband was a full month late, so I'm wondering what our son's timing will be like! :)

Faith, really loving you posts...........can't wait for more!

Patty

Thanks Patty! :)

Crystal...first I'd like to congratulate you and your husband on your pregnancy and also send condolences to you on the death of your grandmother.

I absolutely love your review and pictures. My family will sail Allure for the first time next April; we can't wait! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Thank you so much! Have a wonderful cruise on the Allure.

Chrystal!

I was so sad to learn about the death in your family and that you wouldn't be on our sailing, but I'm glad they were able to accommodate you and push your cruise back. By the looks of it so far, you had a great time. You captured some spots that I didn't get to. When I first got back, I didn't think I could do an Oasis class ship again, but after some weeks and looking through my pictures, I could go on the Allure again.

Congrats once again on the bundle of joy that's on his way! Looking forward to the rest of the review and especially how you enjoyed your cabana. I have been officially spoiled and will have to get one for all future sailings now. It was an amazing day in Labadee.

Deon

Hey Deon! Thank you, I feel the same way. I just asked DH when we were going to go back on the Allure. I would love to take our parents and our son someday. And YES, I was totally spoiled on Labadee. It was a perfect day!

Well.... Now I'll just have to go back on board.... Those are much nicer than the old plastic labadoozie cups which I've seemed to gather a collection of lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

LOL! I was surprised when I got that cup, I've never seen that one before!

What great pictures! I looove the solarium pictures, and breakfast on the balcony. Making me cruise-sick (like home sick).

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Thank you! The photos are making me cruise-sick too! :D

Gahhhh!!! I LOVE that view too!!! I have 2 cruises already booked for 2013 but DH and I are DEFINATELY getting our butts on Allure in 2014!! Still loving your review Chrystal!

Haha! Hi Staci! Thank you, I envy your upcoming cruises! :)

I went back to the room to find Wes resting and watching TV. Now I have to say, we did spend a lot of time in the room watching the Dreamworks movies (there's a whole channel onboard) that we never saw in theaters. Hilarious I know, but we were in desperate need of a lot of rest, so this was perfect! We watched Megamind (absolutely hilarious movie) and took a nap. Actually, the nap thing became a daily routine. It was heaven! I wish I could do that at work :rolleyes::)

Tonight was formal night. We had reservations for Chops. While getting ready, we were treated to a beautiful sunset:

Allure2012629.jpg

I went back to the room to find Wes resting and watching TV. Now I have to say, we did spend a lot of time in the room watching the Dreamworks movies (there's a whole channel onboard) that we never saw in theaters. Hilarious I know, but we were in desperate need of a lot of rest, so this was perfect! We watched Megamind (absolutely hilarious movie) and took a nap. Actually, the nap thing became a daily routine. It was heaven! I wish I could do that at work :rolleyes::)

Tonight was formal night. We had reservations for Chops. While getting ready, we were treated to a beautiful sunset:

Allure2012629.jpg

Watching sunsets is my favorite thing to do on a cruise........I don't usually get to see sunrise.......LOL This sunset is gorgeous!!!

Patty

Host Faith,

Did your husband try the zip line??

Just curious. We did and loved it.

Actually, he didn't. We went back there once and at the time, it was so hot he didn't really feel like it. Maybe another time! :)

Absolutely wonderful review! I look forward to each and every post. You and Wes look so adorable together. By the way, I had to google the Labadoozi, and found photos of you. You're now famous!

I sailed on Allure in May with a GF, and I can't wait to return with DH in April. I loved the zip line. It was such a rush.

Now I was a little disappointed with Chops on the Allure. I know that part of the reason was because I can't eat my steaks the way I want them right now. I love a medium steak, but I have to order mine medium well-well done, and that's not as flavorful to me. The sides were a little bland too, from what I remember from other ships. Don't get me wrong, we had a nice time and the atmosphere was really nice. It was like having a quiet dinner in the city.

Allure2012644.jpg

Allure2012650.jpg?t=1350745070

I started with the crab and shrimp cake. That was pretty good. I wished the remoulade had a little more kick to it, but it was still tasty. Wes had the filet with roasted potatoes and green beans, and I had the petite filet with asparagus and crimini mushrooms. I think perhaps I should have gotten the larger filet, since they butterflied the petite filet. By the time it reached the table, it was VERY well done, and quite dry. Oh well, lesson learned.

Allure2012647.jpg?t=1350743919

Allure2012654.jpg