Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Now don't laugh....we finished our dinner pretty early, around 9:00, and we had a reservation for the 10:30 showing of Chicago. Well.....we learned pretty fast that a late show wasn't going to work for us. At home, I'm normally in bed around 9:00 (actually, about 8:30 :o). So I was already fading fast when dessert arrived at Chops, and not even all that chocolate could wake me up! :eek:

We went to the room to take a quick nap before the show...only we never got back up to head to the theater! We couldn't cancel our reservation online, so we called the front desk to cancel it for us. We were then able to use the room's TV system to reschedule and reserve the early show for another night.

That was it for our first sea day! We had a very relaxing day. Up next- Labadee!

Edited by Host Faith

Aaaah, Labadee. What a beautiful place!

I woke up early and could see the island in the distance.

Allure2012672.jpg

I wandered a bit before Wes woke up. I visited Royal Caribbean Online, which was (fortunately) on Deck 7. I was able to get there in less than a minute. There were 6 terminals and 2 printers in the room.

Allure2012674.jpg

Allure2012673.jpg

It was pretty quiet in the Royal Promenade.

Allure2012676.jpg

Went to the pool deck to watch the ship pull into Labadee. It was HOT already :). Below you'll see the Sports Pool and the Regular Pool. The Sports Pool has netting alongside it, so when they play volleyball, etc, the ball doesn't go over the railing into Central Park Below. Can you imagine?! :p

Allure2012689.jpg

Allure2012690.jpg

Allure2012691.jpg

Allure2012692.jpg

I went to Guest Services because Wes had an excursion booked, and we never received the ticket in our stateroom. He used the TV program to book his excursion, and our Seapass account was charged ($48) that day. I think he booked it the first night on the ship. No problem at all, the front desk assistant was able to reprint his ticket within seconds.

Allure2012700.jpg?t=1350747208

We ate our breakfast in bed (it was so hot on that balcony) and quickly got dressed. We were excited to visit the island for the first time!

Exiting the ship was so easy! There's a (brilliant) Gangway button in the elevator so you never have to guess which deck you're supposed to use to get off the ship. Down the escalator and through security, and you're on your way.

Allure2012701.jpg

Allure2012702.jpg

Allure2012703.jpg

[/center]

Edited by Host Faith

I started with the crab and shrimp cake. That was pretty good. I wished the remoulade had a little more kick to it, but it was still tasty. Wes had the filet with roasted potatoes and green beans, and I had the petite filet with asparagus and crimini mushrooms. I think perhaps I should have gotten the larger filet, since they butterflied the petite filet. By the time it reached the table, it was VERY well done, and quite dry. Oh well, lesson learned.

Hello Host its me again. Quick question about the two sides that Wes and you ordered. He ordered the roasted potatoes with prosciutto and parmesan and you had the crimini mushrooms with the leaks? right? Anyway how were they? any good? I am thinking of getting those for myself. Did you by any chance get some pictures of them?

Hello Host its me again. Quick question about the two sides that Wes and you ordered. He ordered the roasted potatoes with prosciutto and parmesan and you had the crimini mushrooms with the leaks? right? Anyway how were they? any good? I am thinking of getting those for myself. Did you by any chance get some pictures of them?

Both sides were very good. Those are our go-to sides at Chops. It was so dark in there that my photos of the sides and entrees came out very blurry, so I didn't post them.

We had a cabana booked, but I had no idea where were supposed to go. Wes decided to walk with me until I was settled, before he headed to meet up with his excursion.

Allure2012706.jpg

Allure2012707.jpg

Allure2012709.jpg

I went into the Information Center (beautiful artwork and sculpture inside, BTW), and the staff member there told me to go back a couple yards and board the shuttle (golf cart-type shuttle) to Barefoot Beach. A quick 'see you later' to Wes, and I was on my way.

Allure2012710.jpg

Allure2012712.jpg

Allure2012713.jpg

Allure2012715.jpg

Allure2012714.jpg

It was quick ride to the Barefoot Beach entrance, however I wouldn't want to walk it. I was grateful for the shuttle.

When we got to the entrance, attendants were waiting with the list of guests who were to have access to Barefoot. If you're staying in a Suite, you can use Barefoot Beach without having a cabana. If you're fortunate enough to get a cabana, you instantly have access to Barefoot, even if you're not staying in a suite. So if you have a Nellie's Beach cabana, you can also visit Barefoot. We were so lucky we had one right on Barefoot. The area is smaller and less crowded. Love!

The attendants checked my name and stateroom number. They gave me a wristband to signal to everyone that I was a guest on Barefoot. I let them know that my husband was on an excursion, and would be here in about an hour or so.

Allure2012741.jpg

Allure2012726.jpg

Allure2012725.jpg

I found this review yesterday and have just now managed to catch up. So many thoughts I want to share with you. First - I'm very sorry for your loss. Second - congratulations!! You're a beautifull mommy to be!

I was on the Allure for the first time earlier this year. I did TONS of homework in advance to prepare for our cruise. I took TONS of pictures too! I think we took many of the same pictures, LOL! I love the way you're describing the ship, the views, the food, everything! With the exception that we're from MD and would be routing for the Redskins or the Ravens, we'd be great traveling companions, LOL! ;) Our next cruise in on the Vision next February. After that, I may need to book the Allure again :eek::):D

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review - it's bringing back so many awesome memories. Reliving this cruise through your eyes is totally taking me back - and I love it!

We had a Standard Cabnana, #S9. It was in a great location. Fernando, the Concierge, understood that I didn't want to have to walk too far to get to the water (and wanted a great view), and that I needed to be able to keep cool. I really couldn't tolerate heat that well for a long stretch of time. If we had an over the water cabana, I think I would have gotten a bit too hot. And the hillside cabana stairs were uneven, so I would have been nervous about tripping or falling. Ours was just right for the day.

The other standard cabanas are behind the cement walkway, so they always had some traffic blocking their view. Ours was in front of the walkway, in a corner next to the Hillside Cabanas, so it was like we had our own little private spot. Additionally, our cabana sat under trees, so we had a cool place to enjoy the beautiful scenery throughout the day.

Allure2012716.jpg

Allure2012718.jpg

Allure2012717.jpg

Allure2012719.jpg

Allure2012722.jpg

Our cabana attendant, Rolex, was very helpful throughout the day. He checked on me about every 90 minutes or so. Once or twice we would return to the cabana and see him sweeping the sand out of the cabana. The cabana came with 3 large bottles of Evian water in ice, 6 towels, and 2 floating beach mats. There was a ceiling fan to keep you cool. And yes- there's an electrical outlet in the cabana, so if you want to bring your e-reader and charger, feel free!

Allure2012720.jpg

Allure2012723.jpg

Allure2012724.jpg

Allure2012743.jpg

I went up the steps next to the cabana to the first hillside cabana. I wanted to see the view from up there. Very nice!

Allure2012727.jpg

My problem was getting back down...my balance was a little off so I had to take my time. The steps were uneven.

Allure2012729.jpg

Allure2012784.jpg

First, I want to say that I am sorry to hear about the news of your grandmother.

I am enjoying your review of the Allure. Thanks for taking the time to write this. We were just on the Oasis and really liked the ship and we are planning to go on the Allure sometime in 2014.

Joanne

Joanne!!!!!!! :D

Let us know when you are thinking the Allure in 2014. ;)

** Sorry....back to our regularly scheduled reading. ;)

Edited by jobell

Hey there! Thank you so much, I loved your review! Still sorting out how I feel about the Allure. We had a fantastic time and the ship was beautiful. I think the review will help me determine how I really feel about a ship of that size. We'll see! :)

Thank you! Due in early February, and we're having a boy. We can't wait to meet him! We couldn't bear the suspense of not knowing. How exciting about your sister! Does she know what she's having?

They didnt want to find out!! This bub is going to remain a total surprise (and miracle) until it's born! lol I dread to think what name this bub is going to be called, they havent even thought about names yet! :eek::rolleyes:

Allure2012637.jpg?t=1350743624

[/center]

Host Faith, I see you're still ROCKIN' those amazing heels LOL! Your trip reports do not disappoint, are so truly amazing, love all the detail.

I know you continuously say how much you love doing this for us CCr's, but a very warm and hearty THANK YOU just isn't enough.

They didnt want to find out!! This bub is going to remain a total surprise (and miracle) until it's born! lol I dread to think what name this bub is going to be called, they havent even thought about names yet! :eek::rolleyes:

How sweet! :) I can't imagine, the suspense would drive me crazy! :D

Thanks for the most comprehensive cabana report on CC yet! Just showed the photos to DH, and he was all like " when did they add this?!...why doesn't everyone do it?, which itinerary" etc etc., Think we may have another Western cruise in our future;):rolleyes:

Haha! I think I'm hooked on the Western now....well, at least we have to stop at Labadee whenever we're in the Caribbean. We were spoiled with that cabana!

Host Faith, I see you're still ROCKIN' those amazing heels LOL! Your trip reports do not disappoint, are so truly amazing, love all the detail.

I know you continuously say how much you love doing this for us CCr's, but a very warm and hearty THANK YOU just isn't enough.

Thank you dreamer976! LOL! Yes! I had to rock some kind of heel! Those were much lower than the ones I normally wear...but they still had some sparkle :rolleyes::p:)

Edited by Host Faith

While I waited for Wes to get back, I walked directly across the road to see the zipline. It was pretty early in the morning, about 9 AM, but I was lucky to be able to see a couple people ride the zipline.

Allure2012732.jpg

Allure2012733.jpg

Allure2012734.jpg

Allure2012735.jpg

Allure2012736.jpg

Allure2012737.jpg

The restrooms were on the way back...very clean by the way.

Allure2012740.jpg

I relaxed a while with my Kindle. In the meantime, people started to arrive on the beach. Some were suite guests without a cabana. Attendants set up chairs and umbrellas for them, as well as brought them as many floating mats as they needed. Rolex checked on me one more time.

Allure2012744.jpg

Allure2012745.jpg

Wes arrived, and he was instantly impressed with the cabana. It's funny, the attendants at the front gate took one look at him and said, "You must be Chrystal's husband, welcome to Barefoot Beach!" Hilarious.

Rolex came by to introduce himself and give Wes a wristband. We relaxed a bit before lunch was served at 11:00.

Allure2012748.jpg?t=1350778993

Allure2012750.jpg?t=1350779099