Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Chrystal, this is a bit off topic. Ok, wayyy off topic. One of the folks on my Mariner roll call mentioned wanting to do something in Cozumel besides going to a beach. I remembered your previous cruise and Tours Plaza! I posted the info and coincidentally, he wants to do Mr. Sanchos also. We might do the same but get dropped off at Paradise Beach.

I apologize for the hijack. OK, now on to the Allure! That cabana sure looks inviting :)

Ok, so I know everyone asks what's served at lunch on Barefoot Beach....and most of the time, there are some vague answers. I was determined to take pictures of everything offered. I think I got just about everything. I tried to snap a picture real quick before I filled my plate at each section, lol. So here you go, moving down the line:

Salads and toppings for your burgers. Watermelon, Pineapple, Potato Salad, Greek Salad, and Coleslaw were included.

Allure2012754.jpg

Hamburgers in sauteed onions with warm buns, Hotdogs and warm buns.

Rice and Beans, Grilled Chicken Drumsticks, Grilled Chicken Breast, Corn on the Cob. The chicken was heavily seasoned with some Creole/Haitian seasoning, which I LOVE. I have a friend who is Haitian and the flavors were instantly familiar to me. Delicious.

Allure2012756.jpg

Steak and Shrimp, Scallop, and Salmon Skewers.

Allure2012757.jpg

Various Condiments.

Allure2012758.jpg

Fruit Punch, Iced Tea, and Ice Water.

Allure2012759.jpg

Allure2012755.jpg

After lunch, Wes took a nap. I was determined to get some sun, but since I couldn't tolerate the heat, I decided to take a floating mat and float in the water for a while. Entering the water, it's a little rocky and there are some broken shells. Not bad enough to need water shoes, though.

Allure2012776.jpg

Allure2012778.jpg?t=1350780851

I ended up floating out there for about 3 hours, and it was heavenly. It was pretty quiet most of the time, and Wes came out with me for a little bit. I was perfectly content to float around and gaze and the beautiful mountains in front of us, thinking about absolutely nothing. So relaxing.

Allure2012769.jpg

Allure2012771.jpg

Chrystal, this is a bit off topic. Ok, wayyy off topic. One of the folks on my Mariner roll call mentioned wanting to do something in Cozumel besides going to a beach. I remembered your previous cruise and Tours Plaza! I posted the info and coincidentally, he wants to do Mr. Sanchos also. We might do the same but get dropped off at Paradise Beach.

I apologize for the hijack. OK, now on to the Allure! That cabana sure looks inviting :)

Hi Bonnie! So cool that they'll be able to book with Tours Plaza. They're the best on the island. It's nice to be able to do a tour and an AI on Cozumel. You get the best of both worlds. :)

Great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of this. We just booked the Allure and sail in two weeks. We were hesitant about booking on such a large ship because of the crowds. However, now that we are booked I'm very excited - especially after viewing your pictures.

BTW - we had a room attendant on one of our Princess cruises that was named Rolex. The only room attendant that I remember the name. He was THE best attendant we have ever had. Tipped him very well - he went above and beyond the call of duty without us even asking for anything. Wonder if it is the same one? Wouldn't it be funny if there were two Rolex's out there?!?! :)

How sweet! :) I can't imagine, the suspense would drive me crazy! :D

Was driving me crazy too! I got them a heap of baby stuff and clothes, but had to try and find the most unisex colours!! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, back to your review, one of the best reviews I've read. I've been salivating at all the food pics! I hope we get similar food choices when Voyager gets here. Was pretty impressed with the food last year on Rhapsody.

hello, I am having fun following your review. I have one more question.

The beach at the zip line, I see its very rocky. But I was wondering if they allow people to go on the water there. I don't mind the rocks and I love waves, that beach would be my kind of place if they allow me to go in the water.

Hi Chrystal,

it's me again :D I'm enjoying the review SO much :)

I have a girly question. We are also staying in a balcony cabin. Do you remember what bathroom amenities they had? I tried to find the answer but the boards gave me different answers :confused:

You inspired me to wear dress on embarkation day :cool:

Edited by Sinppu

Thanks for the wonderful review! I had not planned on getting a cabana for our Allure sailing the week of Thanksgiving until I read your review. Unfortunately, the website says wait until we board and see someone then. That makes me believe they are sold out. We are staying in a Crown Loft Suite and it sounds like suite guests get a lounge chair. Are there any other perks or differences about being a suite guest on the Island? Thanks again for your review.

BTW, I also get vanilla ice cream along with dessert every night of the cruise!

Jeff

Thank you so much for doing this; most comprehensive review ever! We'll be in a suite on Allure 4/7/13. you have best pics of new over the water cabanas. Do you have a map of new Barefoot beach? Do you know the cabana numbers of the over the water cabanas that are separate from the other six? Thank you so much for your help with this, carri

Glad to see you enjoyed the cabana! My next cruise to Labadee probably won't be until 2014, but I plan to rent whatever cabana-like accommodations they have at Coco Cay in April. It is such a luxury and my friend and I both had quality naps during our day there.

Crystal, Really enjoying your review.......can't wait to see more! Interested in what you did at the ports as well.

Because of your last cruise review with your GF's, we're going to do Mr. Sanchos AI in December when we're on the Allure.

Patty

Great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of this. We just booked the Allure and sail in two weeks. We were hesitant about booking on such a large ship because of the crowds. However, now that we are booked I'm very excited - especially after viewing your pictures.

BTW - we had a room attendant on one of our Princess cruises that was named Rolex. The only room attendant that I remember the name. He was THE best attendant we have ever had. Tipped him very well - he went above and beyond the call of duty without us even asking for anything. Wonder if it is the same one? Wouldn't it be funny if there were two Rolex's out there?!?! :)

That would be quite a coincidence! :D Have a great cruise!

Was driving me crazy too! I got them a heap of baby stuff and clothes, but had to try and find the most unisex colours!! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, back to your review, one of the best reviews I've read. I've been salivating at all the food pics! I hope we get similar food choices when Voyager gets here. Was pretty impressed with the food last year on Rhapsody.

Haha! Yeah that sounds like it would be tough to do. :)

hello, I am having fun following your review. I have one more question.

The beach at the zip line, I see its very rocky. But I was wondering if they allow people to go on the water there. I don't mind the rocks and I love waves, that beach would be my kind of place if they allow me to go in the water.

Hi Gambee! I think that's Adrenaline Beach, and I think there was a sign there that said the beach was for sunbathing only, no swimming.

Hi Chrystal,

it's me again :D I'm enjoying the review SO much :)

I have a girly question. We are also staying in a balcony cabin. Do you remember what bathroom amenities they had? I tried to find the answer but the boards gave me different answers :confused:

You inspired me to wear dress on embarkation day :cool:

Hi Sinny! Thank you :)

I think the only things in the bathroom were the soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower, and a bar of soap at the sink.

Thanks for the wonderful review! I had not planned on getting a cabana for our Allure sailing the week of Thanksgiving until I read your review. Unfortunately, the website says wait until we board and see someone then. That makes me believe they are sold out. We are staying in a Crown Loft Suite and it sounds like suite guests get a lounge chair. Are there any other perks or differences about being a suite guest on the Island? Thanks again for your review.

BTW, I also get vanilla ice cream along with dessert every night of the cruise!

Jeff

Hi Jeff! That vanilla ice cream IS pretty good onboard! :)

On Barefoot Beach, suite guests get floating mats for free (usually $15 pp), and upgraded buffet, and golf carts/shuttles to take you wherever you want to go on the island.

I would try to email the concierge (there's a concierge thread here in the Royal forum) 1 week before the sailing to ask if there are any cabanas available. I hear they normally email all the suite guests a week before the cruise anyway, to see if anyone would like to book one, but I'm too impatient to wait for the email, lol. Good luck, I hope you can get one!

Thank you so much for doing this; most comprehensive review ever! We'll be in a suite on Allure 4/7/13. you have best pics of new over the water cabanas. Do you have a map of new Barefoot beach? Do you know the cabana numbers of the over the water cabanas that are separate from the other six? Thank you so much for your help with this, carri

Thank you, Carri! I found a really good thread regarding the cabanas. This one helped me, I actually referenced it as soon as I got our cabana number from the concierge onboard the first day:

?? about Nellies/Barefoot Cabanas? Pics here

Glad to see you enjoyed the cabana! My next cruise to Labadee probably won't be until 2014, but I plan to rent whatever cabana-like accommodations they have at Coco Cay in April. It is such a luxury and my friend and I both had quality naps during our day there.

Hey Deon! YES! We had the best naps in that cabana. Some ladies actually passed our cabana and commented how Wes was napping whenever they passed by. Hey, to us, that's a vacation! :D

Crystal, Really enjoying your review.......can't wait to see more! Interested in what you did at the ports as well.

Because of your last cruise review with your GF's, we're going to do Mr. Sanchos AI in December when we're on the Allure.

Patty

Hi Patty! That's awesome, we love Mr. Sancho's! Have a great time! :)

Your review is wonderful. I especially like the pics of Labadee. It really is a

beautiful place. Can't wait.

Question: The buffet you showed, that is the one just for Barefoot Beach?

Don't they have different options at Nellie's and Columbus Cove?

The buffet on Barefoot is upgraded, so I think the steak, ribs (forgot to list those) and seafood kabobs are only available there. I hear the other buffets just have hot dogs, hamburgers, basic foods.

After napping for a little while, we decided to head back to the ship around 3:30. The beach was already clearing out.

Allure2012788.jpg

Allure2012794.jpg

Allure2012795.jpg?t=1350855194

I do appreciate the thought that went into the embarkation process. They split the ship into two gangways, depending upon if your stateroom was located in the forward section of the ship, or aft. You'll have a letter (A-F I think) on your Seapass to let you know which gangway to use. Made for a very quick process. We never encountered a long line to get back onto the ship.

Allure2012799.jpg

Edited by Host Faith

To hold us over until dinner, we got room service. I tried the fried fish on the menu since I never had it before. It was really good! I wish they had tarter sauce instead of the dill remoulade, but it was still very tasty. I also ordered the cookies of the day, and they turned out to be some yummy coconut cookies. Sorry, I ate them so fast I forgot to take a photo! :o

Allure2012804.jpg?t=1350855841

We went to the early showing of Chicago that evening. The show was so much fun! Please be sure to go see it. I also tried one of their nonalcoholic beverages, the Bora Bora Brew. It consisted of pineapple juice, grenadine, and ginger ale. SO SWEET! I had to nurse it throughout the show and take it with me to the MDR.

Allure2012805.jpg

Allure2012808.jpg?t=1350856363

Allure2012819.jpg?t=1350856489

Allure2012820.jpg