Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Dinner was very good. I had the caprese salad, garlic tiger shrimp, and the bread pudding. Wes had the minestrone soup, grilled salmon, and his vanilla ice cream. He loved the soup, he said it was one of the best things he ate all week.

Allure2012823.jpg?t=1350856636

Allure2012832.jpg?t=1350856807

Allure2012826.jpg

Allure2012827.jpg

Allure2012828.jpg

Allure2012829.jpg?t=1350857000

The buffet on Barefoot is upgraded, so I think the steak, ribs (forgot to list those) and seafood kabobs are only available there. I hear the other buffets just have hot dogs, hamburgers, basic foods.

Host Faith, The other buffet has burgers, hot dogs, ribs and chicken. I think the salads are all the same. I believe the upgraded items are the steak and seafood kabobs.

Patty

Are the theater seats very small and if so, do you know if they have any armless seating?

Not sure about the armless seating, I think the seats were average, like most other theaters. Can someone give any input? :)

Host Faith, The other buffet has burgers, hot dogs, ribs and chicken. I think the salads are all the same. I believe the upgraded items are the steak and seafood kabobs.

Patty

Great to know! Thank you, Patty :)

Really enjoying your review!!! Can't wait for tomorrow to read more!!! LOL

What was the green stuff that was on your shrimp?? Was it the same type sauce that is on the escargo??

Patty

The green topping was an herb butter with a little bit of breadcrumbs. Yummy :)

Thanks so much for your review, I am enjoying it soooo much... especailly because we had planned on a cruise on the Mariner, and had to switch to a different time of year, and now get to try the Allure! This will be such a "bigger" experience than I've ever had; I kind of prefer the smaller or mid-size ships. But my kids are so excited! I am learning a ton from your review, I so appreciate your effort in writing such a complete and comprehensive review!

Bella,

In Dallas, but a Jersey girl forever:)

Thanks so much for your review, I am enjoying it soooo much... especailly because we had planned on a cruise on the Mariner, and had to switch to a different time of year, and now get to try the Allure! This will be such a "bigger" experience than I've ever had; I kind of prefer the smaller or mid-size ships. But my kids are so excited! I am learning a ton from your review, I so appreciate your effort in writing such a complete and comprehensive review!

Bella,

In Dallas, but a Jersey girl forever:)

Hi Bella! Yay for Jersey girls! :cool: You and your family are in for a great time on the Allure. I love the Serenade, which is much smaller than the Allure. What helped me a lot is not forcing myself to see every single thing on the ship. I had a couple things that were "must-sees," other than that, if I happened upon the rest, then that was fine. If not, that was fine too. I hope that helps! :)

Thank you! I'm so glad the Liberty review was helpful as you got ready to sail her. What did you think of the Liberty?

Liberty was so amazing we are doing out sister cruise on her. I hope be on Allure again next summer as that's what my son wants for a grad present.

Fantastic deal for Priceline! I would try to upgrade to a Tower Room if at all possible. Have a great cruise!

I'll check into it. Is there

a store nearby for picking up water/gingerale?

Have you ever done a suite? We are trying a GS in Dec.

Hope you keep us all posted on your baby since you won't be cruising for a while!;)

I'll check into it. Is there

a store nearby for picking up water/gingerale?

Have you ever done a suite? We are trying a GS in Dec.

Hope you keep us all posted on your baby since you won't be cruising for a while!;)

There's a Walgreen's across the bridge from the hotel. Never had a suite before. I think we'll start booking junior suites when we starting bringing our son along with us. :)

There's a Walgreen's across the bridge from the hotel. Never had a suite before. I think we'll start booking junior suites when we starting bringing our son along with us. :)

Thank you again!

I think it's great you plan on cruising with your son! I travelled with my kids as infants and wouldn't trade a moment. :):)

Loving this review. Thanks for sharing.

All the best with the new bub.

Sorry to hear of your loss of your nan.

Those cabanas look fantastic, reckon I'd go to sleep and sleep through the last call bell to get back on board!

This is really one ship that looks like a city, love Johnny Rockets from our stay in the USA earlier this year.

Sorry for your loss.

Glad you got to go on your cruise afterwards...

Thank you very much for this amazing review!!! Loving it

You look amazing! Congrats on your baby boy!

We've reserved an over the water cabana @ Nellies beach for our upcoming cruise on the Allure over New Years, so we will have access to Barefoot beach with it?

I know it says "upgraded buffet" but that's it...

Can't wait for more of this fab review... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving this review. Thanks for sharing.

All the best with the new bub.

Sorry to hear of your loss of your nan.

Those cabanas look fantastic, reckon I'd go to sleep and sleep through the last call bell to get back on board!

This is really one ship that looks like a city, love Johnny Rockets from our stay in the USA earlier this year.

Thank you! Yes the cabanas are the perfect napping spot. The ship does look like its own city! Especially Central Park at night. It was easy to forget you were on a cruise ship.

Sorry for your loss.

Glad you got to go on your cruise afterwards...

Thank you very much for this amazing review!!! Loving it

You look amazing! Congrats on your baby boy!

We've reserved an over the water cabana @ Nellies beach for our upcoming cruise on the Allure over New Years, so we will have access to Barefoot beach with it?

I know it says "upgraded buffet" but that's it...

Can't wait for more of this fab review... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! Yes, Nellies Cabana renters have access to Barefoot Beach's facilities and buffet. Enjoy! :)

We had a very leisurely day in Falmouth. We decided to take it easy and walk around the port, then get back onto the ship. There were a couple things I wanted to do:

1. Eat jerk chicken and festival

2. Buy jerk seasoning

3. Eat a beef patty

Don't laugh- I told you food was very important to me on this cruise!

We left the ship around 10:30 or so after breakfast. On our way off the ship, we found this guy- anyone recognize him?

Allure2012848.jpg

We liked the port shopping area. It's a little smaller than I expected. It's designed like a giant square. There was a DJ in the middle of the square who you could watch and listen to for the entire afternoon and be entertained the whole time. He was hilarious! Note that if you take a picture with the stilt walkers, they will expect a tip. Just FYI.

Allure2012849.jpg

Allure2012854.jpg

Allure2012855.jpg

Allure2012856.jpg

Allure2012857.jpg

Allure2012867.jpg

Allure2012868.jpg

Allure2012871.jpg

Off we went in search of Scotchie's, which is famous on the island for their jerk chicken. I heard around CC that there was a Scotchie's stand at the pier. After some walking, we decided to ask one of the women at an information booth. She said Scotchie's had to close up shop recently, and I'm pretty sure the reason was right in front of us:

Allure2012885.jpg

I was a little sad that Scotchie's had to go. I understand the cruise line's strategy and point of view...it just would have been nice to experience the real thing that I had been reading about for months. I know, I know, we could have taken a taxi or a shuttle to get to Scotchie's or the Pork Pit, but we didn't want to pay $50 or so (and spend time with the commute) just to get some chicken. Despite all that, we were happy with our meal here. The service was friendly as well.

Allure2012873.jpg

Allure2012874.jpg

We decided to share a double portion of the jerk chicken, with french fries and rice and peas. I added a side of festival. Everything was delicious. The chicken was flavorful andhad a lot of heat, and the festival (sweet fried dough) helped balance that out.

Allure2012880.jpg

Allure2012881.jpg

Allure2012882.jpg

We walked around a little while longer. Here are some more shots of the area:

Allure2012883.jpg

Allure2012886.jpg

Allure2012887.jpg

Allure2012891.jpg

I found my Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning in the duty free store. Yay! I've cooked with it already and it really packs the heat! Not quite the same as jerk chicken in Jamaica because of the way it's cooked, but it's still good.

Allure20121001.jpg