Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

First, your review is incredible! I've read just about everything I could find on Allure for the last couple months and this is the first time anyone has posted a pic of the electrical outlet!

I've read about how it is better than the one on Oasis but really couldn't find anything else about it. This afternoon I added a plug adapter into my suitcase and your picture showed me it would have been useless.

So know, honestly truly that your review helped me absolutely!

Thanks and can't wait to read more... Still a page behind.

And of course, the outlet didn't show in my posting, but I knew it was there!

Wow! So cool to know that a photo like that could help you with your packing! :D

Thank you!!

You did a great job with this report.

I know it's a lot of work. Thanks.

I know exactly how you feel about Allure.

Now you have to try Oasis. Basically the same ship, but the shows

are different. We have been on both. They are amazing ships,

and the shows, food, entertainment and activities like no other ship, just

amazing.

"Congratulations on the news about the baby".

Thank you! I would really like to do a B2B with the Oasis and Allure so I can compare the two. That would be awesome.

After dinner, we went to the Boardwalk to see Ocean Aria. A lot of people on CC have said it's wise to book the show for the first night, so in case it rains, you can reschedule for another day. If you wait till the last day and it rains...you're out of luck. It was booked solid online, so once I got onboard I requested the 10:45 showing with no issues.

Allure2012456.jpg

Allure2012457.jpg?t=1350653484

Allure2012460.jpg?t=1350653565

We had to wait a bit before the show since we got there early. The Aqua Theater was roped off. There were some tables and chairs available so we sat for a while.

Allure2012468.jpg

Honestly, there were a lot fewer people there waiting to get in early than I anticipated. Once it was time to find seats, we didn't have to fight our way through. There was a nice, orderly line and the staff scanned our Seapasses as we entered the theater.

We made a beeline for the beach chairs, which took up every other row. The alternating rows consisted of wooden benches. I will say that everyone tried to get a beach chair, so get there early if you would rather have one of those ;)

Allure2012464.jpg

Chrystal-I love your style of reviews, they are so fun to read! I have only cruised Carnival so far but after reading this review and your others, I have been considering RCC and trying either Oasis or Allure. I would have already booked but I keep getting sticker shock each time I look at my options! I am a balcony snob so that makes it pricey for us.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you guys budget for the "extras" like specialized dining and excursions? I am trying to wrap my brain around a budget so I can figure out how to go on this mega ship soon! As you can see on my last cruise I was a bit obsessed with Allure while it was in port :D See how tiny the ship I was on looks next to Allure LOL!

DSCN0897.jpg

As you can see on my last cruise I was a bit obsessed with Allure while it was in port :D See how tiny the ship I was on looks next to Allure LOL!

Britta, was this picture taken on Sep 22 in Nassau?? I was on that Allure sailing and we laughed at that Carnival ship beside us. :p

Allure2012477.jpg

Ocean Aria was AWESOME! It's a must-see. They don't allow photography so I don't have any photos of the show. But the fact that they were diving from such high platforms in such rapid succession was unbelievable. They even had two specialized divers who dove from the highest platform in the previous photo. They're the two white platforms with the railings at the top- parallel with the crown in the RCI Crown and Anchor symbol. My stomach literally dropped watching them dive from that height!

Very happy that I found your review. Trying to convince my DH to give it a try but he is worried that it is too big so I will have to get him to read along. Thanks for sharing.

Actually, I was concerned about all the walking, etc. However, for some reason the Allure didn't feel as huge as it looked once we boarded. I think it's because we had a good idea of where everything was before we boarded (by looking at the deck plans every few days or so), so we never really had to backtrack and we didn't really get lost. Miraculously, the ship didn't feel crowded since there were so many places for people to go at any given moment.

Chrystal-I love your style of reviews, they are so fun to read! I have only cruised Carnival so far but after reading this review and your others, I have been considering RCC and trying either Oasis or Allure. I would have already booked but I keep getting sticker shock each time I look at my options! I am a balcony snob so that makes it pricey for us.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you guys budget for the "extras" like specialized dining and excursions? I am trying to wrap my brain around a budget so I can figure out how to go on this mega ship soon! As you can see on my last cruise I was a bit obsessed with Allure while it was in port :D See how tiny the ship I was on looks next to Allure LOL!

DSCN0897.jpg

Haha! I can absolutely relate. I remember looking at the prices of the Allure the first couple years it was sailing, and it seemed out of our reach. However, once we decided to book, I compared the Allure's prices with the Freedom of the Seas, and our past Serenade cruises out of San Juan. Really, they weren't all that much more. What made the price more manageable for us was sailing out of peak season. If you're looking to book the Allure during the summer, you're going to pay a LOT. Late September/October, the prices go down a bit. I think the last time I checked the prices before we sailed, an inside guarantee for our sailing was going for $745 pp. I saw a balcony guarantee available for about $945. So it's doable, it's just that you may have to be flexible with when you want to go.

We did have $200 in onboard credit from our TA. And as for excursions, it depends on what you want to do. Beach days are easy and affordable. We did splurge a bit on a cabana for this cruise since it was a special occasion. However, in general, we book excursions with local businesses that have excellent reputations on CC and Tripadvisor. Saves money pretty often and you get a more personalized experience. What types of things would you like to do in port? That would help me give you some roundabout estimates on pricing. I'm happy to help :)

Edited by Host Faith

Chrystal;

First;I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandmother.

Congrats on your son!!!!!

I loved your "girl trip" review of Liberty. It helped alot when we went on her in the Med in June.

My sister and I are going in December and have the Hyatt booked(wish I could have found your deal ;)) but $75 on Priceline will work. We have planned on the same restaurant also..... Glad to know you liked both. Looking forward to the water taxi also!

Excellent review as always. I can't wait to go back on Allure next summer!!!

Thank you! I'm so glad the Liberty review was helpful as you got ready to sail her. What did you think of the Liberty?

Fantastic deal for Priceline! I would try to upgrade to a Tower Room if at all possible. Have a great cruise!

Oh, how I wanted to try the Creme Brulee so badly, but it had Bailey's in it :rolleyes:. I had a feeling that would have been my dessert of choice every single night. So instead, I tried the Chocolate Sensation. That's a RICH dessert! Chocolate lovers, you'll be very happy with that one! ;)

Wes has a scoop of vanilla ice cream every single night of our cruises, lol.

Allure2012452.jpg

Allure2012453.jpg

Allure2012454.jpg

Hi, I have another question for you :) Since you booked your cruise late, was the late dining an option or did you have My Time Dining? I would love to request a table by the window, but when we booked My Time Dining was the only option available.

Pool Deck as I walked forward, toward the Solarium.

Children's Pool Area:

Allure2012495.jpg

Beach Pool (my favorite):

Allure2012496.jpg

Allure2012497.jpg

Cantilevered Whirlpool:

Allure2012498.jpg

Allure2012500.jpg

I was a little disappointed in the Solarium Bistro since I was hoping they would have berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) available during breakfast, and they weren't there. However, they did have pineapple, mangoes, honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe, and grapefruit available every morning. I really enjoyed being able to have mangoes every day.

Hi, I have another question for you :) Since you booked your cruise late, was the late dining an option or did you have My Time Dining? I would love to request a table by the window, but when we booked My Time Dining was the only option available.

We had the actual late seating for dinner (8:30 PM). Were you able to get onto the wait list? If you get late dining at the last minute, you could go to the dining room on embarkation day and see if they can accommodate your request to be by a window.

We had the actual late seating for dinner (8:30 PM). Were you able to get onto the wait list? If you get late dining at the last minute, you could go to the dining room on embarkation day and see if they can accommodate your request to be by a window.

I didn't know that there was a wait list. Do you know how we can be added to it?

And this, my friends, is the #1 reason why DH and I love having a balcony when we cruise:

Allure2012502.jpg

It's become a tradition- we almost always have room service breakfast on our balcony each morning when cruising, unless it's way too hot out there. In that case, we have breakfast in bed, lol. Leading up to the cruise, we'll remind each other about our breakfast tradition. We really look forward to it. Besides the fruit that I brought down from the Solarium (mango and pineapple), the table is filled with the types of food you can expect from room service at breakfast. The other fruit plate is on the room service menu too:

Allure2012510.jpg

Allure2012511.jpg

Allure2012512.jpg

Allure2012513.jpg