no upselling after final payment-since when?

sailnsee

booked a dec. cruise on allure after final payment...saw on rcc website I can upgrade from a boardwall bal.(was guar.) to an oceanview bal.for $50 pp more...called,she said Icould not...was giving me a price that wasn't on the website...would it be for new bookings on the website..where does it state that? I thought that you could always upgrade-even after final payment,what's the point?

As the others have said, you should be able to get a paid upgrade as long as the new price is NOT a special promo for new bookings only (such as the WOW sale or the Tuesday special). If the price is still there later in the week, then call back. (And if you don't get the answer you like, politely hang up, and call back later to speak with a different agent - RCI customer service has a reputation for inconsistency, so if you persist, you might eventually get someone who will give you a better outcome)

booked a dec. cruise on allure after final payment...saw on rcc website I can upgrade from a boardwall bal.(was guar.) to an oceanview bal.for $50 pp more...called,she said Icould not...was giving me a price that wasn't on the website...would it be for new bookings on the website..where does it state that? I thought that you could always upgrade-even after final payment,what's the point?

I did just that yesterday. I upgraded for a fee from a D3 to a JS on the Allure in Dec. for C&A preview sale pricing forTuesday. Only thing she had to do was check with the supervisor that it could be applied yesterday.

Call back and get someone else.

You can upgrade after final payment even during a special sale as long as you are paying something (even $1) for the new cabin. You might be told it's for new bookings only (like on a Tues sale) but ask the agent to check with someone. It is allowed.

That is correct...just ask to be transferred to the "resolutions" dept if the agent on the phone can't do it for you.

I was also told by 2 different C&A reps last week that as long as you are paying even $1 more for your new cabin category, it is allowed. But I received a contradictory message from another vacation planner. I agree that you should ask to speak to the resolutions department.

I was also told by 2 different C&A reps last week that as long as you are paying even $1 more for your new cabin category, it is allowed. But I received a contradictory message from another vacation planner. I agree that you should ask to speak to the resolutions department.

I think that the conflicting reports on this comes from that regular agents aren't allowed/can't do this...they have to have a supervisor approve it for them....and I guess that some of the regular agents just assume you can't do it because their system doesn't allow them to.....like I said...if they say no just please ask to be transferred to resolutions and that should do the trick.

Can I call RCI directly to upgrade my room if I booked my cruise through an online travel agent. We are less than 30 days out and for just a little more money I can move to a balcony versus my inside category. :confused:

You generally must go through your travel agent to make any changes whatsoever to the reservation. Good luck!

Can I call RCI directly to upgrade my room if I booked my cruise through an online travel agent. We are less than 30 days out and for just a little more money I can move to a balcony versus my inside category. :confused:

No, sorry..you must have your TA call...

You can upgrade after final payment even during a special sale as long as you are paying something (even $1) for the new cabin. .

Does this mean if there is a better cabin available for less than what you paid for your current cabin you can't switch?

Does this mean if there is a better cabin available for less than what you paid for your current cabin you can't switch?

IF the price of the cabin is lower because it is on the Tues special then No..you can't switch...IF it's a normal price drop, senior rate or other reduction you CAN switch...you just won't get any money back...it's the Tues Sales rules that cause the confusion...

IF the price of the cabin is lower because it is on the Tues special then No..you can't switch...IF it's a normal price drop, senior rate or other reduction you CAN switch...you just won't get any money back...it's the Tues Sales rules that cause the confusion...

Thanks!

I understand the Tues or new booking prices not being allowed but I have read more than once that there had to be an up-charge to upgrade and that was puzzling to me. It makes more sense that you can still upgrade for the same price since price drops aren't allowed after final payment is due.

No you need to call your travel agent.

Archived