Dress Code

Grandad

Do I like to dress up for dinner? Yes I do! I love getting "glammed up".

Do I care what others wear to dinner? No, I don't. Their choice.

Do I think that some people should be home digging the garden in the clothes they think are suitable to wear for dinner on Azamara?

Well......Yes I do! :D:D:D:D:D

Will that spoil my cruise......Not a chance!!

But thank goodness my own American guy knows how to "dress to impress".....and he SO does. :)

No Marinaro - I don't. It really does not impact on me at all. If I say that - then I mean it. It's also not at all demeaning .....it's just a matter of opinion. Mine, but obviously not yours. That's OK.....we are all different. And it's also maybe a way of bringing some humour into a thread that sorely needs some. :D

I have noticed that the normal good humour and pleasantness that used to be so apparent on the Azamara forum has certainly gone away recently. Every thread seems to be full of complaints and doom and gloom. It seems to be perpetual moaning by very much the same group of people, who continue to belabour the same points over and over again. And with a noticeable lack of humour too.

Speaking for myself, it is getting very boring and I would very much like to get back to the fun, humour and appreciation of the wonderful Azamara cruise experience that used to be found on this forum. And somehow I don't think I'm alone in that.

And if anyone wants to wear their gardening clothes to dinner that's absolutely fine by me. Just so long as they don't mind me wearing my ballgown, diamonds and tiara!! :D:D:D As I said, each to his own.

Only joking...of course I just wear a sparkly top and some nice jewellery.

But I do enjoy hearing the crew sometimes saying "Madam, you look very nice tonight." Maybe they also appreciate an effort being made?

Lottie, your remarks are appreciated here. For my part, weather and mood permitting, I wear a jacket in the MDR and a jacket and tie in the premium restaurants. I do it just for fun! If I don't feel like it, I don't do it!

But I love it love it love it when my female companions (and any at other tables) dress to the nines. Or even to the eights. I fully realise the effort involved and appreciate the effect. It just brings a smile to my face and enlivens the mood. I even think it improves people's manners.

As I said before, though, people should do what they want and Azamara permits tremendous leeway while trying to enforce only the most modest of decorums. Live and let live...

No Marinaro - I don't. It really does not impact on me at all. If I say that - then I mean it. It's also not at all demeaning .....it's just a matter of opinion. Mine, but obviously not yours. That's OK.....we are all different. And it's also maybe a way of bringing some humour into a thread that sorely needs some. :D

I have noticed that the normal good humour and pleasantness that used to be so apparent on the Azamara forum has certainly gone away recently. Every thread seems to be full of complaints and doom and gloom. It seems to be perpetual moaning by very much the same group of people, who continue to belabour the same points over and over again. And with a noticeable lack of humour too.

Speaking for myself, it is getting very boring and I would very much like to get back to the fun, humour and appreciation of the wonderful Azamara cruise experience that used to be found on this forum. And somehow I don't think I'm alone in that.

And if anyone wants to wear their gardening clothes to dinner that's absolutely fine by me. Just so long as they don't mind me wearing my ballgown, diamonds and tiara!! :D:D:D As I said, each to his own.

Only joking...of course I just wear a sparkly top and some nice jewellery.

But I do enjoy hearing the crew sometimes saying "Madam, you look very nice tonight." Maybe they also appreciate an effort being made?

Bravo, on all counts!!! Hope you're on my cruise!!

Why thank you Architect.....you sound like my kind of guy! :)

And may I say that we ladies also appreciate it if a gentleman makes an effort too. I well remember the effect a young American Marine had when he appeared at dinner wearing his "dress whites" last year on Quest.

It was very much like Richard Gere in "An Officer and a Gentleman".

Most of the women were swooning.....myself included! :D

Working in HR I was advised by a dour Scottish colleague do not need a reward policy, just look at what people are wearing and you will know if it is time to review the staff wages

if they are wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, assume they are doing well financially and therefore do not need a salary increase

if they dress poorly, they need to learn to manage your money better, so that they buy nicer clothes, and therefore do not need a salary increase but you might sent them over to the nice training lady for some money management training sessions

if they dress just right, they are right where they need to be and therefore they do not need a salary increase

................now what is the cruise line analogy :eek:

or

A guy going into a restaurant wearing an open necked shirt and is met by a waiter who tells him he must wear a tie to eat there. The guy goes out to his car and looks around for a tie.

He doesn't have one.

He sees a set of jump leads in his boot. (that is trunk for the those who use a different form of English)

In desperation he ties these around his neck, manages to tie a smart looking knot and lets the ends dangle free.

He goes back to the restaurant where the waiter stares at his tie for a moment and then says, "Well, OK, I guess you can come in - just don't start anything."

Working in HR I was advised by a dour Scottish colleague do not need a reward policy, just look at what people are wearing and you will know if it is time to review the staff wages

if they are wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, assume they are doing well financially and therefore do not need a salary increase

if they dress poorly, they need to learn to manage your money better, so that they buy nicer clothes, and therefore do not need a salary increase but you might sent them over to the nice training lady for some money management training sessions

if they dress just right, they are right where they need to be and therefore they do not need a salary increase

or

A guy going into a restaurant wearing an open necked shirt and is met by a waiter who tells him he must wear a tie to eat there. The guy goes out to his car and looks around for a tie.

He doesn't have one.

He sees a set of jump leads in his boot. (that is trunk for the those who use a different form of English)

In desperation he ties these around his neck, manages to tie a smart looking knot and lets the ends dangle free.

He goes back to the restaurant where the waiter stares at his tie for a moment and then says, "Well, OK, I guess you can come in - just don't start anything."

Hahahaha, love it!!! I just joined CC a few months back and am going on my first Azamara Cruise in January. I was begining to think this was a "tough crowd" :confused:(hehe) Feeling much better now. Thanks for lightening things up!!

or

He doesn't have one.

Just don't start anything? Oh my, I love that - now, I just have to repeat it over and over until I remember it long enough to share the joke. Thinking of an Azamara Quest cruise next year, and hopefully there will be people onboard with such a sense of humour. Oh, and of course I come from the land of boots. Elephants have trunks, right?

Great way to delay heading off to the dentist for a root canal. Thank you. :)

Hi Everyone,

As the question has been "asked & answered", and as this thread has gone off-topic, it is now closed.

If you have questions about Azamara's Dress Code, the information can be located here : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/after-booking/helpful-information/packing

Archived