DEAR PescadoAmarillo : A BOOK ON YOUR EMERALD JOURNEYS?

AmberTeka

Sign me up for a copy as well! I've read every one of your blogs from Day 1. Not only is the journey with you & G a very enjoyable one, but I just knew you were the kind of person I would like to meet - and I was right! We met in Skywalker's in January and you were just as much fun and engaging in person. Keep on cruising and taking us all along with you!

We're embarrassed to say we have just discovered your Blog thanks to this thread. Having just read your last installment we see you have had the delightful experience of having Darko and Komang serving you at dinner. We too had the fortune to have this team look after us in Jan. They were outstanding! We were also thrilled to be with Komang when he got the news his wife had delivered his firstborn, a precious little boy. If you have the chance, would you please say hello from Louise & Dennis table 212 and give them our best wishes.

Wishing you fair seas, and now we better get busy catching up on Day 1 of your fabulous winter at sea.

Hoping to meet you personally some day.

Cheers

louden

My day isn't complete til I catch up on what has happened on the Yellow Fish blog. Love your positive outlook and REAL life postings. Heading out on our 8th cruise with Royal Princess in a week and I can't wait. So addicted to this lifestyle! You have given me such great insight on things to do at various stops. The iguana is going to miss G.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And #14 !

I have been reading your blog about this winter's cruising and find it very enjoyable.

Loved the telling of your tango with your

swimsuit in the bathroom! I can relate!

I hope you and G continue to enjoy your days at sea.

I just finished reading tonight's page. (Even had to read some aloud to my family about the swimsuit issues! :eek::p ) I can't go to bed without reading it each day. Count me in on the book order as well.

We too have learned lots from your details. DH just retired and we are thinking of going on our first b2b next winter. . .especially after the wither we are having this year! We are going to try a week with an inside cabin this summer to see if we can 'live' with each other at the back of the ship!

Thank you for helping many of us get through our winters. We feel like we are all on the ship with you, in the warm sun and hot tubs!

Add me to the list, Jeannie!!

Don't know what I'll do when you finally disembark and head home! Guess I'll have to reread previous years' posts!

Safe travels when you do decide to head on home!

Thanks for your blog and making us all feel as if we're onboard with you and G!!

Dear PescadoAmarillo, What are you going to do for Winter this Year? Emerald won't be on the 10 days out of FLL anymore its going to Houston for the 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise. Keep up the blogs they are always a good read.

Dear PescadoAmarillo, What are you going to do for Winter this Year? Emerald won't be on the 10 days out of FLL anymore its going to Houston for the 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise. Keep up the blogs they are always a good read.

They'll be sailing the 10 day itinerary on the Royal.

• 3 weeks later...

What a wonderful season of blog reading (and for Yellow Fish, cruising)! I'm sorry to see it end. Thank you Yellow Fish!

While I count down to next year's adventure, are there any people who cruise Spring and Summer and who write a blog I can read every night? If it is even 1/5 as good as Yellow Fish, it will be worth reading. Please share suggestions!

I love your blog also and I've learned so much from reading each entry. One question for you (or anyone) - is there anyway to display all of the entries in chronological order as one large file? I'd love to go back and reread the blog entries for this year (and the other years also) as a whole. I know you can convert the blog entries to PDF, but I think you have to be the blog writer to do this. Thanks again for your blog and I can't wait for this Fall when you start up again. We are hoping to sail the Royal next March for one sailing (southern itinerary).

What a wonderful season of blog reading (and for Yellow Fish, cruising)! I'm sorry to see it end. Thank you Yellow Fish!

While I count down to next year's adventure, are there any people who cruise Spring and Summer and who write a blog I can read every night? If it is even 1/5 as good as Yellow Fish, it will be worth reading. Please share suggestions!

We too are very sorry to see the season end, and can't believe 150 days has gone so fast! Your good plain talking made us feel that we were standing alongside you both in all your travels, the good, the bad, and the hilarious :D Now to find another blog to keep us going until next winter. Thank you so much for sharing Yellow Fish with us all xx

Thank you for sharing your journey. Went to a couple of your islands this winter and shared with my traveling companions what me yellow fish friend did, recommended, etc. Thanks for your advice and guidance (and we haven't even met!). Glad to hear you were on the mend before you got off your winter home.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I love your blog also and I've learned so much from reading each entry. One question for you (or anyone) - is there anyway to display all of the entries in chronological order as one large file? I'd love to go back and reread the blog entries for this year (and the other years also) as a whole. I know you can convert the blog entries to PDF, but I think you have to be the blog writer to do this. Thanks again for your blog and I can't wait for this Fall when you start up again. We are hoping to sail the Royal next March for one sailing (southern itinerary).

If you go to the right side of the blog, there is the "Blog Archive". I believe this winter's cruise began in October. Click on 2013 then October and choose the date. From there, at the bottom of each entry click on "Newer Post".

As for converting it to PDF, I have no clue if that is possible other than cutting and pasting it into word.

Thanks, everyone! I really enjoyed writing the blog posts, but won't miss the hour+ every night I spent doing it. Maybe I'll spend that extra hour every day working out...NOT. Actually, I'm spending way more than an hour just taking care of my ADLs (Activities of Daily Living).

I know you can convert the blog entries to PDF, but I think you have to be the blog writer to do this.

I just checked on this, but it appears that I have to treat each blog post separately, and with over 1000 of them, and living in the real world, that's not going to happen. I know that if I click on the blog title Yellow Fish Cruises, I get several days worth (like 10) that appear, and I simply scroll down to see them all. I hope that helps!

As for our next cruise plans...they're as firm as Jello right now. I'm sure we'll be on the Royal Princess at some point in time next winter, particularly after the holidays. What I'm not sure about is what we'll do before the holidays. I'll be honest...while I think the Royal is a wonderful ship for a cruise or 3 or 4, I'm not sure how it will live for an entire winter. (And Princess execs heave a sigh of relief). We might do a shortened season on it the first time, until we can get a better idea of how we like it. I am pushing for the Diamond Princess Singapore to Sydney and circumnavigation of Australia cruises, but after the troubles we had simply getting home from Fort Lauderdale, and concerns about my mom's health, DH would shoot me if I even mention it in the next month or so. So I'm just biding my time... I'll send out an email when/if I started blogging again, to anyone who's emailed me, letting you know we're on the sea again.

Thanks again!

Welcome Home! I enjoyed your blog and read every entry. Thanks for so many tips about wonderful beaches, hills, bad walkways and dangerous streets for walking.

I applaud you over and over for being able to write every darn day. I would not ever have been able to discipline myself to keep up a blog for a week much less 150 days.

Thanks ever so much!!

Cheers, Denise

Thanks, everyone! I really enjoyed writing the blog posts, but won't miss the hour+ every night I spent doing it. Maybe I'll spend that extra hour every day working out...NOT. Actually, I'm spending way more than an hour just taking care of my ADLs (Activities of Daily Living).

I just checked on this, but it appears that I have to treat each blog post separately, and with over 1000 of them, and living in the real world, that's not going to happen. I know that if I click on the blog title Yellow Fish Cruises, I get several days worth (like 10) that appear, and I simply scroll down to see them all. I hope that helps!

As for our next cruise plans...they're as firm as Jello right now. I'm sure we'll be on the Royal Princess at some point in time next winter, particularly after the holidays. What I'm not sure about is what we'll do before the holidays. I'll be honest...while I think the Royal is a wonderful ship for a cruise or 3 or 4, I'm not sure how it will live for an entire winter. (And Princess execs heave a sigh of relief). We might do a shortened season on it the first time, until we can get a better idea of how we like it. I am pushing for the Diamond Princess Singapore to Sydney and circumnavigation of Australia cruises, but after the troubles we had simply getting home from Fort Lauderdale, and concerns about my mom's health, DH would shoot me if I even mention it in the next month or so. So I'm just biding my time... I'll send out an email when/if I started blogging again, to anyone who's emailed me, letting you know we're on the sea again.

Thanks again!

I enjoyed following your posts and recently found your blog. My husband and I are new to cruising. It felt as if we were continuing cruising with you. I know I will be up evenings reading-catching up. What wonderful memories.

We met at the meet and greet of the Jan 28 Eastern Caribbean Voyager . The M & G was well attended - including Captain Nick and several officers.

We will be on the Royal the latter part of this month. Some of the ports will be the same that we previously visited --but I see that there are many ways to enjoy an island. I’m sure the sailing will be just as positive as the Emerald.

Put me down for a book too. I will send you an e-mail to be included in your future blog cruising e-mail list.

Your Blog should be required reading 101 for all cruising the Caribbean.

Welcome home.

Sandi

Edited by sandybeaches44

Welcome home, Jeannie and G!!!

I'm already suffering from blog withdrawal! Good thing my next cruise is only 10 days away!! I'll have to reread some previous year's entries!!

Enjoy being home and hope all is well!!