Luggage Tags

cynalan

This is my first RCI cruise in a while. I note that luggage tags are no longer provided, other than the print your own from our cruise itinerary. I don't feel very confident simply stapling a paper tag onto my luggage handle. I've heard you can have a porter make them up curbside at the cruise ship terminal. With 5,000 plus passengers on the Allure, I would appreciate hearing from anyone how has pursued this approach.

Hi,

I printed the tag few days ago and folded using a complete sheet of paper. The tag appears to me to be very strong, There are two places for the staples, so I think the tag will be very securely attached to the handle.

As another option, I might use a clear packing tape and either attach the tag to the handle using the tape, or just secure the tag with the tape on top of the bag, or both.

If I will not be happy with the results, I might use the porter's tag.

Hi, there are dozens of threads here about luggage tags and what to do about them, but quickly, we have let the porter do it and it is so not a problem. People (in general, not you specifically) are so concerned over this and it really is a non-issue, IMO. They are perfectly capable of hand-printing your tags and it takes all of 60 seconds. Arrivals are staggered anyway - not all 5000 + guests show up at once.

Let them do their job and earn their tip. It's no big deal. ;)

Have a great cruise.

As we have a 10 hour drive and then a 2hour flight to get to our port, I have laminated the print out ones. They fold easy enough and I have just stapled them. They will be durable enough to last the journey and then it's one less thing I need to worry about on the day. :-)

I ordered luggage tag holders which are clear plastic and you just print your tags, fold them, insert them in the holder and attach to your luggage with the ties that comes with the holders. Used them for the first time last week and love them. They can be used over and over again and are not expensive. Check out favors by serendipity dot com (no spaces). I got the 6 inch ties and they are plenty long. I would not get the 9 inch ones-they will hang down and might get caught in something.

I printed them in color and insert them into one of the many luggage tag holders they sell online. I think mine came in a pack of four. I used the zip ties to hold them rather than what they provided. There were so many different types when we got to the port of what people are using. The majority though had the porters use the paper type which, I must say, I saw alot of those paper types lying on the ground, so we can only hope passengers found their luggage.

859429136_luggagetag(1of1).jpg.865c1a415c6a6e493316ea334eac2698.jpg

This is my first RCI cruise in a while. I note that luggage tags are no longer provided, other than the print your own from our cruise itinerary. I don't feel very confident simply stapling a paper tag onto my luggage handle. I've heard you can have a porter make them up curbside at the cruise ship terminal. With 5,000 plus passengers on the Allure, I would appreciate hearing from anyone how has pursued this approach.
i got some tags from the porter and filled them out myself.

I printed them in color and insert them into one of the many luggage tag holders they sell online. I think mine came in a pack of four. I used the zip ties to hold them rather than what they provided. There were so many different types when we got to the port of what people are using. The majority though had the porters use the paper type which, I must say, I saw alot of those paper types lying on the ground, so we can only hope passengers found their luggage.

These are just like the ones I bought. I used the ties that came with them and had no problems but next time I might use zip ties. Even the 6 inch ties that came with mine are a little too long.

We ordered the tags from Serendipity. Cost was $2.50 per tag and we got the cheapest delivery which was $6.50. The tags arrived in 7 days from the time I ordered them. Worked well on our Ex cruise 2 weeks ago.

On our departure my BIL departure tag was ripped off and it took almost an hour to locate his bag. I intend to use these luggage tag holders for our departure tags as well. There were a lot of bags with missing tags.

I ordered luggage tag holders which are clear plastic and you just print your tags, fold them, insert them in the holder and attach to your luggage with the ties that comes with the holders. Used them for the first time last week and love them. They can be used over and over again and are not expensive. Check out favors by serendipity dot com (no spaces). I got the 6 inch ties and they are plenty long. I would not get the 9 inch ones-they will hang down and might get caught in something.

Thanks for the info, ordered some today!

We are going to use Mailing tape to completely cover the paper tags and attach them to our luggage. Want to have the tags on our luggage in case the airline loses our luggage (we don't have a direct flight), so they might have a chance of making it to the ship.

If I didn't cruise alot, I'd use masking tape or similar, but since I cruise so often, its worth it and really they weren't all that expensive and arrived very quickly. The problem with the zip ties is I do have to cut them to get the old tag out (again, they aren't expensive). For whatever reason, the ties that came with, as well as normal luggage tags with that type of ties, I can just never get to stay in place, they always slip. On our January cruise, with RCCL luggage tags, my daughters snorkling/scuba bag didn't show up and she was freaking out due to the expensive equipment. We went from floor to floor looking for it and even went down to the naughty room (although she had left her knife at home). At about 8 pm we finally found it (no tag) and it seemed to had been on there just fine. So I'm actually happy with this new way and since we live in So. Florida we can do all this at home before we drive to the port. :D

I printed mine and folded them. I laminated them (clear packing tape would work) and punched holes in them and will attach them with zip ties...(I'm Realtor ...my whole life is held together with zip ties...LOL:D:D:D)

Use a dozen staples and put two on each suitcase - one on the top handle, one on the side handle. Plus I put an intinerary on the inside and outside. Paranoid? Yup.

Once I covered the tags with clear packing tape, too. :o

Even folded in threes, they seem so fragile.

I printed mine and folded them. I laminated them (clear packing tape would work) and punched holes in them and will attach them with zip ties...(I'm Realtor ...my whole life is held together with zip ties...LOL:D:D:D)

I also did the print/laminate/cut/zip tie method, and at the stationary store it cost $1.63 for all 8 bag tags (I made up extras in case anyone in our party of 4 has 2 suitcases) to get professionally laminated. That's $1.63 total; not per tag, by the way. :D Then I've got the zip ties, hole punch, and scissors handy at home for attaching them to the suitcases. This way is probably a little cheaper than buying the clear plastic luggage tag holders online, for anyone who may be considering this option.

Archived